FA Cup 2019/20

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Imagine being in a cup draw where over two thirds of the teams are from the lower leagues and getting drawn against one.

Something dodgy about that.
When was the last time you hit a tough draw in any competition though? Incredibly lucky run you’re on of course people are going to go off on SM that’s what they do

When was the last time you hit a tough draw in any competition though? Incredibly lucky run you’re on of course people are going to go off on SM that’s what they do
We're on a decent run, but it was only 2 or 3 years ago we were on a run of something like 23 consecutive away draws against premier league or top 6 championship teams.

As it is, last year we played Leicester, Burnley, Brighton and Watford to win the cup. Our toughest was probably Swansea away.

I'm still not used to that acronym for Social Media.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I want to see the draw replayed on VAR to check if there was a clear and obvious error of City drawing a lower league team again!
If there is a VAR version of the draw surely LiVARpool get a bye to the next round... Actually considering who they've drawn in the 3rd round it is like they have a bye

Yeah I was like... why people going off at SM over this draw? What did he say?

Then it clicked...

I was like, oh yeah standard, I've probably weighed in on something, then it clicked.

Bristol Rovers advance in the last 2nd round replay by beating Plymouth Argyle.

Undeservedly, we dominated general play and had a goal not rewarded that crossed the line.

Bristol's goal come from a clearance which deflected off a Bristol player and fell kindly for a header home.

3rd Round TV Schedule

Saturday 4 January
11:25pm - Newcastle v Rochdale - ESPN

Sunday 5 January
1:55am - Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday - ESPN
4:25am - Wolverhampton v Manchester United - ESPN

Monday 6 January
12:55am - Chelsea v Nottingham Forest - ESPN 2
3:00am - Liverpool v Everton - ESPN 2
5:10am - West Ham v Gillingham - ESPN 2

Tuesday 7 January
6:50am - Arsenal v Leeds United - ESPN

3rd Round TV Schedule

Saturday 4 January
11:25pm - Newcastle v Rochdale - ESPN

Sunday 5 January
1:55am - Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday - ESPN
4:25am - Wolverhampton v Manchester United - ESPN

Monday 6 January
12:55am - Chelsea v Nottingham Forest - ESPN 2
3:00am - Liverpool v Everton - ESPN 2
5:10am - West Ham v Gillingham - ESPN 2

Tuesday 7 January
6:50am - Arsenal v Leeds United - ESPN

Weird - I'm pretty sure we're televised?

Weird - I'm pretty sure we're televised?
Looks like not. Game is the same time as the Toon match.

FA Cup.JPG

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hm weird, it got moved to be televised in the UK, strange we don't get it over here.

It was moved to 12:31pm but isn't being shown in the UK.

The Football Association has agreed a new six-season overseas broadcast rights deal for the FA Cup - reportedly worth £820m - from the 2018-19 season.

Marketing agency Pitch International will cover rights for western Europe, Middle East and North Africa, with IMG covering the rest of the world.

Both will then subcontract deals to broadcasters, whiledomestic rights will remain with the BBC and BT Sport.

FA chief executive Martin Glenn said the deal was "hugely significant".

The value of the overseas deal was undisclosed but Glenn said it would allow more investment in pitches, facilities and participation programmes.

"It is not overstating it to say that it could have a transformational impact on what we are able to achieve across the country," Glenn added.

"It also underlines the global popularity of The Emirates FA Cup. With its history and tradition, it has the remarkable ability to create fantastic stories and inspire fans, players and clubs to believe anything is possible."

The deal also includes rights for the FA Community Shield and the FA Youth Cup.

It comes after the FA agreed to allow agencies, such as Pitch International and IMG, as well as broadcasters, to bid for single territories, regional groupings or a global package of rights.

Guess ESPN Australia didn't buy the match.

Last edited:
Just seen Jon Moss is the referee for our loss at Anfield on Sunday night
How much do you expect to rotate? I think with us we'll take out our best 11 fit players (and no Fabinho, Matip, Ox, Shaq, Lovren, Keita either due to injury).

Something like,

Minamino-Origi-Elliott
Jones-Chirivella-Lallana
Larouci-Phillips-Hoever-Williams
Adrian

Subs: Kelleher, VDB, Boyes, Christie-Davies, Dixon-Bonner, Bearne, Brewster

Last edited:
How much do you expect to rotate? I think with us we'll take out our best 11 fit players (and no Fabinho, Matip, Ox, Shaq, Lovren, Keita either due to injury).

Something like,

Minamino-Origi-Elliott
Jones-Chirivella-Lallana
Larouci-Phillips-Hoever-Williams
Adrian

Subs: Kelleher, VDB, Boyes, Kane, Dixon-Bonner, Bearne, Brewster

We will probably go with close to best available, no new injuries but don't think anyone else is due back yet either. If anything we may just play Keane instead of Mina, Kean instead of DCL, that sort of thing. I'd be surprised if you rest so heavily though, as you'll still want to win the derby. I reckon you'll go about a 50/50 split though to get some rest in for a few players

Back