FA Cup 2019/20

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
We should be going close to full strength from now on. Rest in the league if we have to.

I’d rather win the FA Cup then go invincible or centurion or whatever.
Priorities for me:

1. Mathematically impossible to lose the league
2. Champions League double
3. FA Cup double/treble
4. Points record
5. Undefeated in the league

Priorities for me:

1. Mathematically impossible to lose the league
2. Champions League double
3. FA Cup double/treble
4. Points record
5. Undefeated in the league

If we won the League, Champs and FA from here on in it would be a quadruple given we won the Club World Cup also.

But still a long way to go before we can think about that scenario

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How was the Shewsbury goal offside - doesn't the Liverpool defender play him on?

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.05.04 am.png

How was the Shewsbury goal offside - doesn't the Liverpool defender play him on?

View attachment 817773

Ruling was it was in the build-up and not that moment, but couldn't find the offending moment as I've seen three different Shrewsbury players named as being offside in the build-up in various news outlets.

It's as clear as mud

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ruling was it was in the build-up and not that moment, but couldn't find the offending moment as I've seen three different Shrewsbury players named as being offside in the build-up in various news outlets.

It's as clear as mud

Ive just watched the whole thing agin - I cannot see it. Seems a pretty s**t decision to me and classic VAR overcomplicating things.

Already prepping the team for the next round
229a60d3e80e6eb2e1e0b9ef3b009518.jpg
Brave! Taking a side so young to the bridge. They’ll poach em all for their next youf ban

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
The good, the bad and the ugly of Mourinho in the space of 4 days.

I can handle being outplayed and nicking a win at home against City. But to setup that way against Southampton is asking for trouble which we've now encountered!

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another robbery there. Let’s just not bother turning up to play for 75 minutes and then give it a go in the last 15 eh. Sounds sensible. Such mental short people we are. Need a clear out in the summer we really do. Just delays the inevitable this win, we’ll probably knock Norwich off and then go down against a big rival most likely

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Another robbery there. Let’s just not bother turning up to play for 75 minutes and then give it a go in the last 15 eh. Sounds sensible. Such mental short people we are. Need a clear out in the summer we really do. Just delays the inevitable this win, we’ll probably knock Norwich off and then go down against a big rival most likely

Did you just go full Yoda?

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I loved Mou's comments to Hasenhüttl - "the best team lost"

Mou is much grounded these days

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I loved Mou's comments to Hasenhüttl - "the best team lost"

Mou is much grounded these days
Yeah but isn’t his first year or two always a bit like that? I think he seems more humble and less pressured than I’ve seen him for a long, long time, probably ever. At United he turned into an absolute horrible bastard. I reckon he might have learnt from that experience but we will probably only find out for sure in a year or so’s time

CP28

Debutant
Oct 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, LFC
I must admit I'm not a fan of the likes of Klopp and Guardiola whingeing about FA Cup replays. It's been that way for a hundred years or whatever, tough s**t if you don't like it. I agree with them that players are being made to play too many games but the FA Cup is just an easy target, it's not like replays are a new thing. And they're both only here for a few more years at the most so just lump it, don't pressure the FA to change something that won't even effect you down the line.

Wouldn't the flipside to that be that if managers place the cup low in their priorities then the tough s**t mantra should equally apply from their perspective?

Back