FA Cup 2020/21

Got no real idea of the 6th tier of English football, to be fair, imagine it would not be flashhot. Still Derby are battling for Championship survival, so it's no surprise that they are testing their main XI (especially with such a condensed league fixture)
Our academy players/3rd string seniors have nearly been knocked by Wycombe, Rochadale and Newport in the FA Cup and were knocked out of the League Cup by Colchester.
All under Pochettino while competing in Champions League football.

League one and two sides would cream championship academies.

No no. They have VAR in the league cup... Just not every round.
Either use it or don't. No half measures.

They also have VAR for some of the FA Cup games, not all :D

Whoever was in charge of VAR for that Everton game should be stood down indefinitely, horrible to make people endure another 30 minutes of that

No no. They have VAR in the league cup... Just not every round.
Either use it or don't. No half measures.
They didn't have it at Everton v united I'm fairly sure.

Didn't Untied play City in the semi?

Oh yeah my bad, I didn't watch the Semis which is what blurred my memory. Ok makes sense I suppose. Still a bit weird to have VAR at some games in the FA Cup Third Round and not others.

Exactly. Or you know, clear and obvious. Don't think drawing lines to show you're 2mm offside is clear and obvious.
I've always thought it should be like umpire's call in cricket. If there's millimetres in it (for instance, using a fingernail to determine whether someone is offside), then it's linesman's call.

Back