FA Cup 2020/21

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Watched our game live. The quality was not great by either side but it was a pleasant change to not see players not dropping to the ground squealing if they got the slightest touch.

1604950530783.png

Not overly confident about Carlisle's chances against Doncaster after we barely got past 7th tier Hayes and Yeading on penalties in the first round. We were down 2-0 before our latest goals scoring hero Jon Mellish scored twice in the final three minutes of extra time to take it to penalties. I think he has now scored 10 in his last 10 games.

Wild game here...I think goalie stretched off hence the huge injury time.

View attachment 1006879
Might be the 2nd most amazing score I've ever seen in the FA Cup

The other would be the 2010-11 2nd round replay between Leyton Orient and Droylsden

Leyton Orient won 8-2 (AET)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
We got though against Bradford courtesy of another screamer by Danny Rowe. It's hard to believe at 30 this is his first season in the football league.

We have now won six of our last seven matches. Harry Kewell can rest a little easier about his job.

I was just saying in my opinion you haven’t been good since he left, I never said he was the reason you lost the game

If you're saying we've become bad since Aluko left and you think Stevenage will beat us, there's just a touch of causal link there.

Back