FA Cup 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm agreeing with you that it won't happen. Which is why we cant overhaul the squad to play Mou-ball
This squad cannot play possession/pressing football with a high line anymore. I said that back in December when the bad run started and got slagged for it. Today gave us a glimpse. So the idea of abandoning what we are doing is only a discussion worth having if you start with that realisation first.

We don’t possess enough players who can under pressure retain the ball, and play on the front foot with a high line means Sanchez every week as he is the one with pace.

shipped 5 goals to a squad no better than us
Due to individual errors by a GK on his decline, a DM that has played 32 out of 34 games by early Feb because there is no adequate backup & a CB pairing that the manager has chosen to banish for month's at different times due to not being up to his standards.

Whether we press or attack the above problems will be there. Should have won that game yesterday but the most important player on the pitch our captain let in 3 goals that most top flight keepers would save. It happens. Shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water & should look at the positives which were creating more chances in the opening 30 mins than we've created against top flight clubs this whole year and we kept it up for the entire 120 mins

Then why hire him in the first place if you dont want him to be able to work?
I dont think it was ever Levy's plan to play worse football, get worse results, discard a squad thats been carefully built to compete with richer clubs and then break open the bank to buy a brand new one in the mould of a bloke that tends to get the sack around this stage of his tenure.

It was a bizarre appointment to start with.

I dont think it was ever Levy's plan to play worse football, get worse results, discard a squad thats been carefully built to compete with richer clubs and then break open the bank to buy a brand new one in the mould of a bloke that tends to get the sack around this stage of his tenure.
Especially when all the noises from Mourinho when hired was how great the squad was

Due to individual errors by a GK on his decline,
1. Goal number 1, and that was struck hard. Could do little for the other 4.
a DM that has played 32 out of 34 games by early Feb because there is no adequate backup
and you wonder why I dig you out, end of last season the whinge was having no DM, we sign one who has been great and now the whinge is no back up. Give it time. Expecting 2 DM's in a window is harsh.
Whether we press or attack the above problems will be there. Should have won that game yesterday but the most important player on the pitch our captain let in 3 goals that most top flight keepers would save. It happens. Shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water & should look at the positives which were creating more chances in the opening 30 mins than we've created against top flight clubs this whole year and we kept it up for the entire 120 mins
Pure hyperbole.

and you wonder why I dig you out, end of last season the whinge was having no DM, we sign one who has been great and now the whinge is no back up. Give it time. Expecting 2 DM's in a window is harsh.
Should never get into the state we got in that we needed 2 DMs but we did. It's just a comment that our DM last night who has been our 2nd best player so far this season was utterly s**t and cost us dearly in 1 particular game. And I threw in a possible excuse for that abnormal performance being that he has played in 32 out of 34 of our games already. Only Kane and Son have appeared close to as often and they've had games coming off the bench whereas Hojberg's have been nearly all starts.

Question without notice do you subscribe to the fundamentals of xG??
I think it's like many stats and should be used but not alone, the eye test always tells the best picture. xG of all the stats out there i think closest matches the eye test. Hasn't been too many games where the xG has told a completely different story to the game I've just watched us in

I think it's like many stats and should be used but not alone, the eye test always tells the best picture. xG of all the stats out there i think closest matches the eye test. Hasn't been too many games where the xG has told a completely different story to the game I've just watched us in
EtuBBY4XAAUljTw

Two things. This 'decline' is well overstated. And boy was Potter right to ditch Ryan.

Should add that if that type of football is what Levy sees Spurs playing in the future then its only right to start turning over the squad with players more suited to Mourinho's football.

But if you're going to make those changes, and then pick a different style of manager in a year or so then Mourinho goes then you're back with exactly the same problem of players unsuited to the manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EtuBBY4XAAUljTw

Two things. This 'decline' is well overstated. And boy was Potter right to ditch Ryan.
Ahhhh I'd love to play poker with you. Saw this coming from a mile away. Hugo at the beginning of December was in the #1 spot with +0.34

Obviously Sanchez hadn't got in the side yet by then. But regardless of where they are on the list Hugo's numbers have dropped by -0.16 in the last 2 months which would have him right near the bottom

Ahhhh I'd love to play poker with you. Saw this coming from a mile away. Hugo at the beginning of December was in the #1 spot with +0.34

Obviously Sanchez hadn't got in the side yet by then. But regardless of where they are on the list Hugo's numbers have dropped by -0.16 in the last 2 months which would have him right near the bottom
Sounds like you have come to a conclusion now fitting the narrative around it. You can't just cherry pick certain parts to suit, overall he's been a quality keeper this season.

Sounds like you have come to a conclusion now fitting the narrative around it. You can't just cherry pick certain parts to suit, overall he's been a quality keeper this season.
Palace - blunder costs goal
Liverpool - outperforms the expected goals
Leicester - underperforms
Stoke - underperforms

Wolves - outperforms
Leeds - outperforms
Fulham - outperforms
Sheff Utd - under
Liverpool - on par
BHA - under
Chelsea - on par
WBA - on par
Everton - under

5 out of the last 12 poor since his blunder cost us when we were at the top.

3 out of the last 6. I might be going early on calling the end of his career as a top 6 GK. But I'd rather go early with a GK on the nose than too late!

Davies was ok in the first 90mins. Not spectacular but decent. He got the Everton MOTM actually.
He didn't do anything too noticeable (bad, good or indifferent) in the 90 mins other than get his ankles broken by Son on the 4th goal. Thought Doucoure was decent, Godfrey very good but hard to win MOTM as a defender when you concede 4!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back