FA Cup FA Cup 2022/23 (Winners: Manchester City)

Football Association Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
serious the simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struck a bit by how much United fans I've spoken to are more interested in stopping us winning, than winning the thing themselves.

Had a chat to a few yesterday, they're not confident at all. But I reckon its a genuine 50/50.

We haven't played well since we clinched the title and while we'll bring players back into the side I don't reckon its that easy to get straight back into a groove.

And some will have their minds on next week as well. I'm sure United players will be wanting to test their commitment to this game with some heavy tackles.

Can't wait.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
If it's the same ends does the motivation matter? If they want to stop the treble or want to win the Cup both require them to win the Cup.

Yep, everyone has their own motivation. City want to win the Cup because they want to win it and they want to beat Inter for their first CL title. United want to win the Cup because we want another trophy in our season. Inter want to win the CL because they don’t want to lose it and have to watch City celebrate.

If United lose the Cup, our supporters will revert to being Inter supporters. Not so much for the potential City treble but because we are rivals with City and don’t want them to win it and that would be the case if it is their first, second or third trophy of the campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back