General Bombers Talk Official Podcasts - One on One, Bonnie T & Maddy P

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-15/hard-tag-episode-one

Apparently there's an internal fine system, Josh Green as the finemaster xD Angry face routine and the new boot ritual.

Chatting about the game, the cheering for Jobe was apparently a bit weird haha.

Loud supportive crowd helps them on the ground – the way they say that it's like it's triple underlined on the running sheet. Special mention (later on in the recording) to interstate fans, sometimes sounds like there's more of us than there is home crowd :p

Paddy Ambrose nickname 'crossfit', fittest guy at the club. Apparently he's the terminator, they're glad he's on our team because he'd be hard to play against :) :) :)

Plenty about their year off too, which is fun to hear about.

Bit of banter is also fun :D

#TwoSixTwo #HardTag

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-15/hard-tag-episode-one

Apparently there's an internal fine system, Josh Green as the finemaster xD Angry face routine and the new boot ritual.

Chatting about the game, the cheering for Jobe was apparently a bit weird haha.

Loud supportive crowd helps them on the ground – the way they say that it's like it's triple underlined on the running sheet. Special mention (later on in the recording) to interstate fans, sometimes sounds like there's more of us than there is home crowd :p

Paddy Ambrose nickname 'crossfit', fittest guy at the club. Apparently he's the terminator, they're glad he's on our team because he'd be hard to play against :) :) :)

Plenty about their year off too, which is fun to hear about.

Bit of banter is also fun :D

#TwoSixTwo #HardTag
Bellchambers sounds way different to my memory...

I have a question, why do people end sentences in 'haha'?

Is there some joke I've missed or are people impersonating the Mickey Mouse character from South Park, ha-ha?

How are you supposed to read it?
Basically an indicator that the writer found the previous sentence amusing. Same as a question mark indicates a question I guess, or a smiley face indicates they're happy.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Basically an indicator that the writer found the previous sentence amusing. Same as a question mark indicates a question I guess, or a smiley face indicates they're happy.

upload_2017-8-17_13-49-26.jpeg

Have no idea where to put this but Club have finally struck gold from a club media point of view.

Hard tag with Cale and Tommy Bellchambers is absolutely hilarious. They had Jobe on this week, great to hear the banter.

Random thing I learned as a result of this podcast today: Francis, Mutch, Draper and Morgan living in 'the club house', which is a club organised share house with a fitness person lives with them and teaches them how about food and such. Not sure about Morgan but the other three are originally from interstate/up-country so would make sense they'd need somewhere to live closer to the club.

Fantasy scores, the young guys are apparently all over it (according to Jobe) :p They don't emphasise kicks/handball type stats within the club, they're more about team oriented stats. Roles can be quite complex and they always try and reward each other for the team oriented stuff.

You want the fun stuff you're gonna have to listen for yourself :p Throwing each other under the bus is probably my favourite bit :)

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I have a question, why do people end sentences in 'haha'?

Is there some joke I've missed or are people impersonating the Mickey Mouse character from South Park, ha-ha?

How are you supposed to read it?
I do it all the time it shits me haha :p I think it's a way to show someone that what your saying is in lighthearted spirit or not to be taken too seriously. It's hard to explain but I always do it it's almost like using the term lol.

Another good episode.

I think having someone who isn't a football person or a journalist co-hosting really helps make it interesting. I struggle to stay focused through a 10 minute interview normally but i'll happily listen to this for the full 45 minutes. It feels relaxed and low key whereas I think interviews with a journo or football personality are a bit formal and 'standoff-ish'.

i hope they keep it going

It's not the first nor last time it'll be said, but Jobe is so bloody similar to Tim.
He was fantastic on this and it was just nice to hear him being happy.

I heard a clip of Tim on SEN shortly before i listened to hard tag. Its uncanny, even the wit and humor is similar

Jobe's humour is so similar to Tim's and his voice and language can be very similar too so in a podcast/radio type environment you can hardly tell them apart.

The actual podcast itself was great. It's just natural and flows so well and the host isn't perfect either so it just sounds like a reasonably well structured chat between mates.

Back