Club Legend
Jul 20, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Two reasons I'm a bit worried about this game

1) Have we ever won 10 games in a row against any club? Definitely never went 10-0 against anyone

2) I will be at the game and it's my birthday, so you know... they could ruin it

We probably hadn't gone 9-0 against anybody before the last time we played GC.

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
(*) Not meant to imply that Ken takes, or condones the use of drugs in any form. Story is made up for humourous purposes. The views expressed are solely that of Bigfooty, and the writer takes no personal responsibility.

There's no way what you've said could be considered offensive. In fact I'd claim the drugs defence if I'd recruited Charlie Dixon.

If they weren't on drugs, or at the very least heavily intoxicated, what were they thinking?

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tell you what you don't go on to play 200 AFL games without learning a thing or two about mind games, look at Dougy here, knowing they're going up to the Gold Coast to face former teammate Jarryd Lyons and knowing Jarryd very well he knew exactly how to get into his head this week...

IMG_4260.png

Now that's 200 game club champion commitment right there.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tell you what you don't go on to play 200 AFL games without learning a thing or two about mind games, look at Dougy here, knowing they're going up to the Gold Coast to face former teammate Jarryd Lyons and knowing Jarryd very well he knew exactly how to get into his head this week...

IMG_4260.png

Now that's 200 game club champion commitment right there.:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Cameron must have had a big night with his missus Friday night...

In fact, this pic needs to go in the meme thread.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Honestly how bloody amazing is Eddie Betts highlights reel!!

I think we'll get up, Brown on matera and the glove Talia to give (the not real) Tom Lynch a bath

In fact if you could bet on (the real) Tom Lynch to kick more goals than (the not real) Tom Lynch I probably would.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No Stephen May, Rory Thompson or Pearce Hanley for the Suns (all ruled out already), plus Barlow and Swallow in doubt. Looks like it could be a long day for the Suns.

That backline, in particular is looking a little on the short side.

Captain Furious

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Funnily, after being totally confident in the past 3 matches, this is one that worries me. Or worried me...before I learnt that May was out, Thompson and Swallow (have we forgotten what an absolute gun this bloke is?!) in doubt. The amount of talent that this side loses to defections and injuries is mind boggling. But a couple of good wins and a side that relies entirely on confidence, we need to get out early. These blokes are front runners, if ever there was a team. They play fast, skillful football but fall apart quicker than the Power when the going gets tough (and that's saying something).

Almost the best tall defender in the game vs. almost the best tall forward (still Rance v Kennedy by a pinch, not counting Franklin who plays more like a mid size forward than a tall) will be a ding dong battle. Watch Curtly shut down the corridor and stoppage space of Ablett, as he has been doing to opposition gun mids this year, totally missed by most of the nuffties (is that how you spell nuffties?)

If Crouch does come in, hope to see Mackay make way but that hope has lay dormant (bar a brief period) for many years now. This is the kind of game that Milera could break out and get that shot of confidence he needs to catapult him into form. Must play.

Actually really look forward to it, both teams play a fun brand of footy. We're the form team of the comp now and teams will come out gunning for us every week. If we let them get on a roll, their talent will cause us problems on their home deck. Think it will be a bloody good game where we're generally in control but it's tight, then a brief period where we blow them out of the water.

Go Crows. 48 points.

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
No Stephen May, Rory Thompson or Pearce Hanley for the Suns (all ruled out already), plus Barlow and Swallow in doubt. Looks like it could be a long day for the Suns.

That backline, in particular is looking a little on the short side.
Sounds like Barlow should get up, but Swallow I gather still has problems with his ankle... but It's their lack of KPD's that we should be able to exploit.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sounds like Barlow should get up, but Swallow I gather still has problems with his ankle... but It's their lack of KPD's that we should be able to exploit.
Which is kind of amusing considering we're missing a KPF and a 3rd tall in our attack.

Imagine the problems they'd have if we had a Jenkins and McGovern fit this week.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going to this game, looking forward to it. First Crows interstate game since Carlton Round 22 2009, hopefully a similar result (if someone could take a hanger like Birdman's that would also be appreciated).

Actually that Carlton game was rather like last week...give up a big score but who cares, still win by 12 goals.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going to this game, looking forward to it. First Crows interstate game since Carlton Round 22 2009, hopefully a similar result (if someone could take a hanger like Birdman's that would also be appreciated).

Actually that Carlton game was rather like last week...give up a big score but who cares, still win by 12 goals.

I don't know, so far this season seems more like a re-enactment of 2006 during the club's golden age under the guidance of Robert Shaw. I can't actually remember how the rest of that season panned out after winning the first 4, but I'm sure it must have been OK.

crowsup

Premium Platinum
Nov 24, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know, so far this season seems more like a re-enactment of 2006 during the club's golden age under the guidance of Robert Shaw. I can't actually remember how the rest of that season panned out after winning the first 4, but I'm sure it must have been OK.
1996 was Robert Shaw. 2006 was Neil Craig.

Back