Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
v

Round 3 felt like an almost game. After Geelong jumped out to a 3 goal lead at quarter time the Crows came back to be only 3 points down at 3/4 time. Brad Crouch had a late opportunity to goal but missed and Geelong finished off with a 24 point win.

More disposals (handball led) More Clearances, 4 more Inside 50s and more Tackles. And yet we didnt win!

This was the game Seedsman thought his season was over and Cats player Tim Kelly hobbled off with an ankle injury.

Not having won a game at The Cattery since the infamous 2 points game it has become time to remove that record. If we are to be considered contenders then this is a line in the sand game

Darren Jarman was skinny, John Reid had brown hair and the Neil Craig Memorial Poster had already been delivered to each ground in the competition.

Peter J believes we have changed our game to be more of a defensive minded output, concentrating on holding the opposition instead of challenging the opposition to outscore us. Paul Roos believes these are the things that win flags rather than run and gun

Its obvious now that Peter J had picked up a trend a lot earlier. Does it make for attractive football? Probably not but its winning football. (mostly) I wonder if it will be this type of game that helps us win a game at GHMBA Stadium. Port showed how to choke Geelong. Defensive efforts by the midfield and tagging/holding their stars and making them accountable. Do the Adelaide midfield have it in them?

After a Bye the AFC should be able to field a full strength side. No excuses.

I hope we do see this after the game. Our 2 Captains going over and saying hello to PD

Really this is an opportunity to play a clip I found.

Shake Hands With Danger
He's a guy you oughta know
I used to laugh at safety
Now they call me 3 finger Joe

Attachments

• 1561284526488.png
    1561284526488.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 1561284563940.png
    1561284563940.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 262

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our style right now is reminiscent to our modified style back in 2017 after some bad losses, after our early chain of wins. Our defense became tighter and we focused more on close checking our opponents. The final frontier now is for our forwards to gel better and be more efficient with the goal kicking!

Been a fair while since we won up there eh? That record will change sooner or later. They have some recent niggles, a 6 day break. We have winning form and a 2 week break. I say “why not?”

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 697462 v View attachment 697434

Round 3 felt like an almost game. After Geelong jumped out to a 3 goal lead at quarter time the Crows came back to be only 3 points down at 3/4 time. Brad Crouch had a late opportunity to goal but missed and Geelong finished off with a 24 point win.

More disposals (handball led) More Clearances, 4 more Inside 50s and more Tackles. And yet we didnt win!

This was the game Seedsman thought his season was over and Cats player Tim Kelly hobbled off with an ankle injury.

Not having won a game at The Cattery since the infamous 2 points game it has become time to remove that record. If we are to be considered contenders then this is a line in the sand game

View attachment 697437

Darren Jarman was skinny, John Reid had brown hair and the Neil Craig Memorial Poster had already been delivered to each ground in the competition.

Peter J believes we have changed our game to be more of a defensive minded output, concentrating on holding the opposition instead of challenging the opposition to outscore us. Paul Roos believes these are the things that win flags rather than run and gun

Its obvious now that Peter J had picked up a trend a lot earlier. Does it make for attractive football? Probably not but its winning football. (mostly) I wonder if it will be this type of game that helps us win a game at GHMBA Stadium. Port showed how to choke Geelong. Defensive efforts by the midfield and tagging/holding their stars and making them accountable. Do the Adelaide midfield have it in them?

After a Bye the AFC should be able to field a full strength side. No excuses.

I hope we do see this after the game. Our 2 Captains going over and saying hello to PD

View attachment 697453 View attachment 697454

Really this is an opportunity to play a clip I found.

Shake Hands With Danger
He's a guy you oughta know
I used to laugh at safety
Now they call me 3 finger Joe

Can you swap our logo?

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
Are we a show? Absolutely.

But our record at Whiskas Park is horrendous. You couldn't tip us.

Maybe worth a Jaiden Stephenson multi Crows to sneak it with Matt Crouch for 30+ and Eddie 3 goals?

Sorry it's not a pies game so Jaiden probably won't be having a punt on it.

Haha, the last time we won there, Steve Waugh was still playing test cricket for Australia.

Michael Clarke hadn't even made his debut yet!

Haha, the last time we won there, Steve Waugh was still playing test cricket for Australia.

Michael Clarke hadn't even made his debut yet!
Easily our worst losing streak in our history.

What would be next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily our worst losing streak in our history.

What would be next?

Tasmania.

Pretty sure we're winless in Hobart and have only one once (against the Saints) at York Park.

We should be concerned about the Ballarat game in R23 as well. Our record in small, cold, windswept grounds is deplorable.

Tasmania.

Pretty sure we're winless in Hobart and have only one once (against the Saints) at York Park.

We should be concerned about the Ballarat game in R23 as well. Our record in small, cold, windswept grounds is deplorable.

Yep we are 1-6 in Tasmania, only having beaten Hawthorn there once in 2005

That said, haven't played at York Park since 2010 and we've only played at Bellerive twice

I predict the first quarter will be tight with both sides trading 2 goals and for Geelong to have a narrow 2 point lead at QT. In the second, Hawkins and Rohan run amok en route to a 7 goal to 1 quarter to take a 6 goal lead into the main break. We really it back in the third and claw to within 2 kicks at the start of the first but Laird breathes on Ablett in defence in front of goal. Ablett kicks truly and Geelong run away with a 32 point win.

How many names has Kardinia Park had over the years?

Was BurgTech Stadium one of them?
Baytec, Shell, Skilled, Simonds and Goomba? More name changes this century than we've won down there in our history.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is one of those Crows matches where the tipping engine in my brain is spitting out a split result (not that I'm historically the best tipster).

Heart tells me we will draw the line and beat them by a couple of goals in a hard-nosed close game. Head says we lose by the customary 4-6 goals, never having been in it.

Cats by 23.

madstar

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I predict the first quarter will be tight with both sides trading 2 goals and for Geelong to have a narrow 2 point lead at QT. In the second, Hawkins and Rohan run amok en route to a 7 goal to 1 quarter to take a 6 goal lead into the main break. We really it back in the third and claw to within 2 kicks at the start of the first but Laird breathes on Ablett in defence in front of goal. Ablett kicks truly and Geelong run away with a 32 point win.
Don't think Rohan will play.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

mardi is currently due with Dangerfield child number 2, lets hope she's late and patty has to pull out

(please take this in the jest it was meant in..)

also, if patty had pulled out initially, he wouldn't be in this mess.. :D

Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
mardi is currently due with Dangerfield child number 2, lets hope she's late and patty has to pull out

(please take this in the jest it was meant in..)

also, if patty had pulled out initially, he wouldn't be in this mess.. :D

No 2 was delivered last Friday I believe, Little girl

Back