Preview Face-Off : Adelaide v Geelong : Jacobs Out (Official)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanley showed some signs of improvement last year, still very average at best but he would have destroyed Sauce around the ground. He’s an elite athlete and Sauce struggles to break into a jog these days. Personally I don’t think ROB is the answer but he can’t be worse than Sauce. He’s been brillant for us but the game has passed him sadly.

Sauce has without question struggled apart from a few games ever since his brother passed away is he mentally drained who knows, your point on a number of players is the issue I think we face, Eddie in particular seems to have the older player syndrome I for one went through it towards the end of my playing days where you just subconsciously didn't go as hard as you had done without realising it, Tex on the other hand looks cooked, his body will not do what it used to, lynch also is looking like that also. Mackay is Mackay, he is around 20 to 25 on the playing list so will be lucky more often than not as we will always have injuries and players who aren't fit enough like Greenwood, one thing you cant complain about him is he will play to an older age as he is clearly the most professional player on the squad in keeping himself in peak condition and isn't soft when it comes to going in either, he doesnt pull out of any contest, he does deserve respect for that which the board fails to see and clearly doesn't deserve to be bagged, if Bcrouch had his mindset and could prepare himself like Mackay he would be playing 300 games. Otto is just back up and not bad back up he will be needed at some stage, Douglass has something to offer but not as a midfielder unless as a bit role or injuries hurt us.
I thought your first sentence was the longest one I’ve ever read. Then came the second one.

Who said we’d be changing them every week? Sauce is cooked, hopefully ROB steps up and stays in all season. All player’s time comes eventually and unless something changes during Sauce’s rehab from this knee injury, his body is shot. He’s done it harder than most, he rucks massive minutes and 100% of the ground. ROB had about 25 hit outs against Sandilands in 2016, you’re way off the mark.
Hate to prove u wrong but do you mean the game vs Fremantle in 2016 in which ROB had 18 hitouts and Sandilands got injured playing 51% game time?

Anyone else expectiong us to get our backsides kicked tonight 40 plus?
I can see the likes of Taylor, Henderson and Stewart cleaning up in defence and not to mention Dander, Selwood and co getting hold os us in the middle. I just dont think we are currently good enough

I can see the likes of Taylor, Henderson and Stewart cleaning up in defence and not to mention Dander, Selwood and co getting hold os us in the middle. I just dont think we are currently good enough

Well there's a huge surprise.

You never think we are good enough. Even when we were in top form in 2017 you didn't.

One of the single most frustrating things about Sauce in recent years. If ROB grabs even 25% of them he is miles in front of Sauce in that category

It's probably more frustrating about us as a club than Sauce himself. He's trying, he's just toast. It's the rest of the club who still expects him to be the player he was 3 years ago and uses him as such.

I fully expect O'Brien to actually clunk those marks that Jacobs drops when we bail out kick from defence. I reckon this will massively improve us as a team

I'm personally looking forward to a new kick in gameplan. Instead of "run to the right pocket and kick long to Sauce", we'll get a chance to see "run to the right pocket and kick long to ROB".

In his defence it turned out we weren't good enough though.

It was easy to sort out the Trolls and Loonies in 2017.

One poster (should I name and shame) said

- with five rounds to go, “We won’t make the Eight”
- at the end of the minor round, “We’ll go out in straight sets”
- After the Qualifying Final, “Typical Crows, another Preliminary Final choke”.

- After the Grand Final, “ How could anyone doubt me, I told you “we” were s**t”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's reality... i have every right to whinge and complain when this club continues to let us down. It's frustrating

Come on get with the BF programme

Its these peoples fault in this order

1. Mackay
2 Birdman
3 Campo
4. Sauce
5. Douglas
6.Doc Clarke
7. Noble
8. Kelly
9.Atkins
10. Tex
11. Lynch
12 JJ
13 thommo only because he copped such a bagging in his last year

Guess who

Swans at home.. Reid in for a big night. Crows were massively overrated going into 2019. I cant see us winning a game until Round 5 against the Suns.

Easy.. The Crows. Wont make the 8.. will be lucky to win 9 games. will most likely start the year 0-4

Football must be such a drag for such negative supporters. Imagine following a sport you love but find absolutely no way to be happy?

Guess who

Football must be such a drag for such negative supporters. Imagine following a sport you love but find absolutely no way to be happy?

Definitely, and there's quite a gulf between being generally critical of the club and the 'we'll lose every game, I have no confidence' shtick - it's very performative.

Well, what can i say.. this club is too predictable!
Wheels are starting to fall off now... injuries, key players out of form, a coach who can't make big calls, putrid footy. We are now in a dog fight to even make the 8 now & after we go 1-3 next week and port go 4-0 we will start to become a laughing stock.

Wheels are starting to fall off now... injuries, key players out of form, a coach who can't make big calls, putrid footy. We are now in a dog fight to even make the 8 now & after we go 1-3 next week and port go 4-0 we will start to become a laughing stock.

1. We are already a laughing stock.
2. Port are no guarantee to be any good this year.
3. North are as bad, if not worse, than we are.

https://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership/

bye then

Back