Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
01DzWyD.png

Round 6
Venue: Adelaide Oval
Adelaide 3W 2L Ladder Position: 7th Gold Coast 3W 2L Ladder Position: 11th
Head to Head: Adelaide 10 v Gold Coast 0

Once upon a time..... nah just kidding, Round 6 against the Gold Coast is probably one game everyone has already jotted down in the win column. The reason being it's at home and the Gold Coast have NEVER beaten Adelaide... Like EVER... no seriously the closest they've ever got is 32 points and Adelaide have scored over 100 points in every single game they've played against them.

However against all odds last week completely decimated by injury Adelaide upset Sydney at the SCG in what one might say was a 'Fairytale Win' so here's a warning and tippers/punters beware, This AFL season looks to be the closest ever, anything can happen and Gold Coast aren't looking like their usual basket case self (Carlton have that one covered ;) )

Key Match Ups
13f9bf5028cf14c48b221f3ea4b7414e.jpg
4196431d-16e0-4012-8c1c-db88f8256732.jpg

Tom Lynch (GC) V Daniel Talia (ADL)

Lynch has had a great season so far kicking 14 goals and is a serious threat up forward, luckily for Adelaide they have the best shut down key defender in the league in Talia, who Kept Franklin to 1 goal last week (and the goal wasn't his fault) If Talia can keep Lynch to 2 goals or under it'll go along way to helping Adelaide win.

Prinz%2BNaveen.png
60ce7e2139f6f18efb570f43ef46b228.png

Cameron Ellis-Yolmen (ADL) v Jarryd Lyons (GC)

Interesting midfield battle coming up here, Lyons has been a bit of a clearance King this season and CEY has been a brute and tackling machine of late, some on this board have questioned why we let Lyons go and kept persisting with CEY and on Saturday night they go head to head, if CEY can put on enough pressure Lyons may well turn into a turnover king.... we all wait with baited breath.

The Final Word
Really depends which Adelaide team rocks up, if they think even for a second that they have this game in the bag before the first bounce we are in trouble. However a leaf was turned last week in Sydney, the desire and want was back and we aggressively pressured and tackled. If that Adelaide team turns up.... it'll be a goal fest and the scoring record of scoring over 100 points against Gold Coast will remain in tact

Prediction- ADELAIDE BY 63 POINTS

I loved this ams4crows , excellent.

I do agree it could be a danger game and hope that the players are switched on as much as they were against Sydney. Dew has straightened the players up and they are looking better than before. I think we should hold our streak but its not all one way this time

You might like this MWPP

Sorry to intrude
I love the Disney references in the preview ams4crows :D
(Even if the prospect of Gold Coast representing my favourite movie is difficult to stomach , it fits unfortunately!)

All the best for this week ❤️

In all honesty, we should win comfortably. However, this is exactly the sort of game and circumstances where we disappoint. If history is anything to go by, then after a great win against a good team last week, we will have a shocker against a lesser side this week.

his AFL season looks to be the closest ever, anything can happen and Gold Coast aren't looking like their usual basket case self (Carlton have that one covered ;) )

Nice write up. Excellent point in this quote. My feeling is this will either be a shock upset or an honourable loss. I expect a good game. Gold Coast are playing some of the best footy they have played for a long time. Much better without Ablett of the last couple of seasons. If we come to play, and I suspect we will, we should continue our streak against them. But we won’t have it all our way. Crows by 16.

GC are a lot more competitive under Dew but we really should be winning this. If we perform like we did against Collingwood and lose, it'll undo all the good work we did on Friday night. Just get the win guys, the last thing we want is to come in with the attitude like we already have it wrapped up which has bitten us so many times before.

It's hard to predict the final score with any conviction, but I think we're going to win reasonably well. Tex has responded and possibly Sloane or MCrouch to return will add to strengthen the team.
Crows by 32.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

01DzWyD.png

Round 6
Venue: Adelaide Oval
Adelaide 3W 2L Ladder Position: 7th Gold Coast 3W 2L Ladder Position: 11th
Head to Head: Adelaide 10 v Gold Coast 0

Once upon a time..... nah just kidding, Round 6 against the Gold Coast is probably one game everyone has already jotted down in the win column. The reason being it's at home and the Gold Coast have NEVER beaten Adelaide... Like EVER... no seriously the closest they've ever got is 32 points and Adelaide have scored over 100 points in every single game they've played against them.

However against all odds last week completely decimated by injury Adelaide upset Sydney at the SCG in what one might say was a 'Fairytale Win' so here's a warning and tippers/punters beware, This AFL season looks to be the closest ever, anything can happen and Gold Coast aren't looking like their usual basket case self (Carlton have that one covered ;) )

Key Match Ups
13f9bf5028cf14c48b221f3ea4b7414e.jpg
4196431d-16e0-4012-8c1c-db88f8256732.jpg

Tom Lynch (GC) V Daniel Talia (ADL)

Lynch has had a great season so far kicking 14 goals and is a serious threat up forward, luckily for Adelaide they have the best shut down key defender in the league in Talia, who Kept Franklin to 1 goal last week (and the goal wasn't his fault) If Talia can keep Lynch to 2 goals or under it'll go along way to helping Adelaide win.

Prinz%2BNaveen.png

Cameron Ellis-Yolmen (ADL) v Jarryd Lyons (GC)

Interesting midfield battle coming up here, Lyons has been a bit of a clearance King this season and CEY has been a brute and tackling machine of late, some on this board have questioned why we let Lyons go and kept persisting with CEY and on Saturday night they go head to head, if CEY can put on enough pressure Lyons may well turn into a turnover king.... we all wait with baited breath.

The Final Word
Really depends which Adelaide team rocks up, if they think even for a second that they have this game in the bag before the first bounce we are in trouble. However a leaf was turned last week in Sydney, the desire and want was back and we aggressively pressured and tackled. If that Adelaide team turns up.... it'll be a goal fest and the scoring record of scoring over 100 points against Gold Coast will remain in tact

Great write up, would have love to have seen you place Disney comparisons for every player/ match up. Gave me a lot of enjoyment haha

Prinz%2BNaveen.png

Nice bust out of the kids fairytale books for inspiration.
It will definitely be “Grimm” if we lose this one

Touk Miller champing at the bit hoping Sloane's an in.
If Sloane does play let’s hope Touk gets targeted in the first five minutes of the game... just to let him know the crows won’t put up with tagging tactics on Sloane..

It’s something the crows didn’t do anywhere near enough to help Rory out last year..

If Sloane does play let’s hope Touk gets targeted in the first five minutes of the game... just to let him know the crows won’t put up with tagging tactics on Sloane..

It’s something the crows didn’t do anywhere near enough to help Rory out last year..
Dislike. I don't want Crows players doing a Lindsay Thomas on the opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back