Preview Face Off- Adelaide V Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Dislike. I don't want Crows players doing a Lindsay Thomas on the opposition.
Not suggesting that at all... more like a few nice bumps like the one knight put on Parker the other night...

Just let him know if he’s gonna chase after Sloane all night he’s gonna find himself on the receiving end of some bone rattling bumps that put him on his arse..

No mention of the Open Training session tomorrow

opentraining_2704.jpg

This is becoming a very stale comment. He isnt the only coach to play Mackay

He is the coach that can stop that from occurring though.

For all of our outside riches, here we are, still wasting our time by selecting him.

Someone should probably let Mackay know to stop playing like a first 22 player then!

It's Mackays apparent gift, to somehow survive despite being so mediocre.

Really though, he rarely to just doesn't break lines, is a terrible decision maker, is poor defensively, doesn't accumulate, poor overhead, has no peripheral vision etc. In fact it's to the point that any tool an outside midfielder should have (and Mackay is an outside midfielder), he either doesn't have or can't use due to having such a low football IQ.

He tries hard, but really he is a better player the further the ball is away from him which is damning considering the position he is in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Mackays apparent gift, to somehow survive despite being so mediocre.

Really though, he rarely to just doesn't break lines, is a terrible decision maker, is poor defensively, doesn't accumulate, poor overhead, has no peripheral vision etc. In fact it's to the point that any tool an outside midfielder should have (and Mackay is an outside midfielder), he either doesn't have or can't use due to having such a low football IQ.

He tries hard, but really he is a better player the further the ball is away from him which is damning considering the position he is in.
So please explain why the selectors keep picking him?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh, I was going to say I am not a fan of our backline. If Lynch gets on he may be hard to stop.

Could be a lot closer than everyone is saying....
GC's Lynch has never kicked more than 2 goals in a game when Talia has been playing.

Oh, I was going to say I am not a fan of our backline. If Lynch gets on he may be hard to stop.

Could be a lot closer than everyone is saying....
If Peter Wright was playing I think we'd have match up problems.

He isn't. I think we should be ok down back with Talia on Lynch.

Lynch is a gun, and of course if he plays a blinder they are right in the game. But Talia is as good a "man on man" defender as any player in the AFL.

That match up is key. And us winning clearances.

GC aren't as poor as last year. They are on the improve and it hasn't helped them one iota that they haven't played a home game yet.

So please explain why the selectors keep picking him?

I wish I knew. I'm assuming it's purely on the basis that he's a great dude, excellent club man, trains hard, adds to the games played column, and does a lot of running on the field. Either that or he has compromising photos of our entire board.

If it's on the football field, then I have no idea what wacky statistic our coaches have that could justify it, I doubt they have any clue either seeing how poor his BnF votes have historically been.

I wish I knew. I'm assuming it's purely on the basis that he's a great dude, excellent club man, trains hard, adds to the games played column, and does a lot of running on the field. Either that or he has compromising photos of our entire board.

If it's on the football field, then I have no idea what wacky statistic our coaches have that could justify it, I doubt they have any clue either seeing how poor his BnF votes have historically been.
According to the AFL player ratings he is our 15th best player.

I'm not as harsh on Mackay as some other posters here. However, I will say that the AFL player ratings are absolutely useless. Rance made the AFL player rating team of the week in R2 when Jenkins kicked 4 on him in a half. It's not the rolling rankings either. It was based purely on that R2 game.

Rance wasn't even the best CHB in that game, let alone the AFL that week, yet the AFL player rankings thought he was.

I'm not as harsh on Mackay as some other posters here. However, I will say that the AFL player ratings are absolutely useless. Rance made the AFL player rating team of the week in R2 when Jenkins kicked 4 on him in a half. It's not the rolling rankings either. It was based purely on that R2 game.

Rance wasn't even the best CHB in that game, let alone the AFL that week, yet the AFL player rankings thought he was.
True

And yet being about 15th best seems bang on this season.

Most of his career he would have been about 20th picked. He has really lifted in his contract year!

Golumless , Drugs Are Bad Mackay? , WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot , kulak
RE Dmac:
The AFL Player Ratings are irrelevant to Crows selection and the Rance example (above) is probably one of many that make the whole system spurious, at best.
Similarly, it doesn't matter what you, me, or this Board think about Dmac. I doubt that BF is even mentioned during selection. On the AFC site one of the Crows fitness staff was quoted as saying that Dmac "is fully fit and will be playing this week" (paraphrasing) which I took to mean in the AFL side. Not certain.
Like many of you, I'm mystified that underperforming players are selected, not just Dmac
eg JJ & Atkins who've both had a couple of howlers (but the Rat was hot last week!), also people are saying that Sloane was injured in Round 2, yet played another 2 games before it was addressed. In the weeks ahead, Dmac will p-r-o-b-a-b-l-y be retained ahead of CEY, Dots, the Gooch, maybe even Milera and others when Sloane, Betts, Brouch and Gibson (not sure if he will make our best 22) regain fitness, simply because Pyke and the selectors seem to regard Dmac as an integral part of our best 22 (watch for the melts when that happens). Later, who will we drop to get Smith back in? Not Doedee. If it's a choice between Smith and Dmac, I'd choose Smith every day, but the selectors will probably find a way to play both.
Dmac will be playing tomorrow night, the end. Selection is out of our hands, whether we like it or not.

AFL player ratings do factor in the last 44 games (though it is also weighted so now gets more credence but equally it tends to throw up a wierd lag)* meaning Mackay will most likely be ahead of anyone who has missed time with injury/being out of our best 22 and debutants.

*on top of other flaws with that system, i.e. underrates defensive work something chronic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back