Preview Face Off: Adelaide V North Melbourne Round 4

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done The Filth Wizard let see if we can erase your bad memory

And replace it with another!

Considering his SFA team are playing against the Furies this week, this thread might be the lesser of two evils for him.

Well done The Filth Wizard let see if we can erase your bad memory

And replace it with another!

1, where have you been and 2, this could be a very daunting game as it's the first one I'm taking my 2 1/2 year old to now he understand footy (his real first game was the Good Friday game against the Bombers two years back where we got murdered and we were driving him home at half time). Probably a good omen for your mob.

Previous games played

Again? You are going to put the PETRENKOOOOOOOO clip in? Yep

The close one in 1993- Crows by 2 points - Modra kicks 10 McDermott a lazy 44 disposals

Another close one - 1995 Roos by 3 points

I thought this infamous game played between the two Clubs for all the things that happened off the field may have made the list. Extremely controversial and to this day, I cant recall a bitter game that had so much feeling specifically due to the off field issues. I remember watching this match, genuinely thought Archer and Carey were going to throw punches.

Felt sorry for Stevens at the time, its a grub of thing that Carey did.

What was your first North Melbourne memory?
1991 - Rod Jameson kicking 8 in the last game of the year. Crows kicking 28 Goals.
1993 - Smashing them in the pre season cup rnd 1kicking another 27 goals. Hodges dominant in the first half. Mods dominant in the second.
1993 - 2 point win. Mods kicking 10. Taking the mark of the year.

1, where have you been and 2, this could be a very daunting game as it's the first one I'm taking my 2 1/2 year old to now he understand footy (his real first game was the Good Friday game against the Bombers two years back where we got murdered and we were driving him home at half time). Probably a good omen for your mob.
I’ve been around just taking a break from WW.

I took my son to his first game at about that age, it was the game where we came back from 51pts down at half time against the pies to draw on the siren.
What this means I have no idea.

North.

Away.

Regardless of how it should be.

I don’t like it.
Whilst I agree, at least it ain't in Tassie.

A good test for us. Favourites against a side who historically beat us routinely.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some strange reason I have attended many minor round away games against the Kangas and have never seen us win.

I blame myself. I was at the 98 Grand Final and remember speaking with the devil at half-time and offering him whatever it takes if he promised that we wouldn’t be thrashed in the second half. I tried to do the same deal at the 2017 granny but 80,000 feral tiger fans had got in before me.

Crows by 3 points?

Whilst I agree, at least it ain't in Tassie.

A good test for us. Favourites against a side who historically beat us routinely.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Eventually these games will be in Tasmania when they are permanently relocated.

Game we should win (amazing to write that after last year), but for whatever reason North always seem to have our measure. In terms of changes, I wouldnt really rush to make any - although possibly Frampton for Himmleberg? Frampton was awful around the ground, but I thought his ruck work was ok Friday night.

Well well well if it isn't our long lost friend overwhelming favouritism. It should be amazing to get an insight into how our new rejuvenated team handles it.

Complicating matters is the underlying fairytale of a 100 goal forward that the media are starting to grow erections over. No-one thinks Bruce is the guy but having seen him kick 10 on the kangas it begs the question - what could a competent forward do?

Now, if you'll allow me a moment, this could work to our advantage.
*slips tinfoil fedora neatly onto head encompassing gigantic brain*

If we take what we know to be fact:

- The media loves a romantic story
- The AFL loves the media to print romantic stories
- Adelaide won't be the premiership winner
- The umpires will fix a result as easily as you can type 'awww biscuits.'

Now if we add 2 and 2 together we get the result that the AFL and media get their 100 goal kicker and it is AFL aided (examples already seen last weekend of a dubious free) but doesn't end up affecting the winner of the premiership. It's the perfect crime as far as totally transparent and predictable AFL agendas go.

Problem: It's a fairytale ending. Who believes in fairytales? Kids. What's our team full of? Kids.

*replaces tinfoil fedora to diamond encrusted silk bag*

I am concerned that the combined love of both fairytales and dinosaurs will see our kids completely distracted by the mission to get Tyrannosaurus Tex into double figures and by extension into triple figures come season end. Granted, at this point that strategy will probably work out anyway especially if aforementioned AFL aide is forthcoming. However, should it not work out then we risk losing a match we ultimately should be winning. What does that do to our season?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope Thilthorpe plays purely because I don't think he will get an easier chance to work his magic this year and it'd be really great for him to have a positive start to his AFL career rather than waiting for a showdown where we get zero time on the ball.

Thank you for listening and go Crows.

Yes please. I'm a Victorian member too and would like a second ticket.. just need to convince partner that crows game is better than after wedding next day brunch in Launceston somehow

The futility of your task can literally be measured in Instagram likes.

Back