Preview Face-Off -Adelaide v West Coast (with interview)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was def a coaching plan to play that slow vs ess. I reckon he was testing it out to see if we can play that style... clearly we can not
I agree, but we can play it, what we can't do is change mid game. We need to run and gun, then slow it down, then run it again. Unfortunately we are one speed per game.
To be fair in a rebuild year is the time to try different game plans

I don't mind that we tried the "chip around" style. You've got to be able to pull that out when needed, and IMO you can't just say "oh, we don't have the skills" and not even try it, you have to try different things and get the players to learn them. Isn't that what we want the coaches to do - to not have a "one size fits all" game style".

I do mind, though, that we pulled it out right from the start v Essendon - I dunno, maybe it was a decent idea to take the heat off before we opened up (hopefully) ourselves, but it also looked a lot like conceding from the start.

I also mind (but hopefully we will learn from this) that our execution was so poor. And I don't think it's as simple as saying "our foot skills suck". Sure, maybe the skills could have been better, but really I just think we overdid it - one short kick too many and to the wrong places, instead of a few short passes and then GO.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Sloane on AA saying that they're looking to give midfield minutes to Harry and Sam, and that Sloane to half forward has been part of that.

Can't say I've seen it yet.....
It happened against Essendon after all was lost and in the last 10 minutes against Brisbane

Sloane on AA saying that they're looking to give midfield minutes to Harry and Sam, and that Sloane to half forward has been part of that.

Can't say I've seen it yet.....

The midfield must include the goal square, which is where Sam Berry has been playing

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
1626337548199.png

RoweyThePainter

Club Legend
May 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Every man should be able to bring a dog, to boost crowd figures.

An afternoon nap sounds more palatable than watching these excuses for professional football outfits go at it for a ridiculously long time on a Sunday.

To the crapfootballmobile!!!

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
What changes would you expect or is it time to throw every magnet in the air?

Simpson is frustratingly reluctant to drop his favourite senior players but our best efforts the last 2 years have been when we've played youth through necessity.

If he's serious:
Harry Edwards for McGovern
Bailey Williams for Darling (Allen to play forward)
Luke Edwards and Foley for Sheed and Gaff, Duggan moved into midfield.

But it will probably be some rubbish like Edwards and Waterman for Ah Chee and Langdon that makes stuff all difference.
1626365021920.png

Not too bad - MrKK who do you see make the final team?

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
What changes would you expect or is it time to throw every magnet in the air?

Simpson is frustratingly reluctant to drop his favourite senior players but our best efforts the last 2 years have been when we've played youth through necessity.

If he's serious:
Harry Edwards for McGovern
Bailey Williams for Darling (Allen to play forward)
Luke Edwards and Foley for Sheed and Gaff, Duggan moved into midfield.

But it will probably be some rubbish like Edwards and Waterman for Ah Chee and Langdon that makes stuff all difference.
View attachment 1178500

Not too bad - MrKK who do you see make the final team?
No seniors dropped after 3 terrible is incredibly frustrating. Gov might’ve got a reprieve from the Barrass injury, but probably wishful thinking on my part.

Have to wait and see who flys as Kelly and Yeo both rumoured to be under injury clouds.

As named I expect L Edwards, Nelson, O'Neil and Rotham to make the cut, but really that's just fiddling at the edges.

By my count there are 10 All-Australians + a Norm Smith medallist in that team. Just should not be losing to North with that level of talent.

No seniors dropped after 3 terrible is incredibly frustrating. Gov might’ve got a reprieve from the Barrass injury, but probably wishful thinking on my part.

You think that's bad - try being an Adelaide supporter. Senior players can play s**t all year and not get dropped. Mackay gets picked every single week even though he should have been delisted back in 2016.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
You think that's bad - try being an Adelaide supporter. Senior players can play sh*t all year and not get dropped. Mackay gets picked every single week even though he should have been delisted back in 2016.
My two thoughts every time I see a Crows team is "I don't recognise half of these names" and "LOL, how the heck Mackay still getting a game?!?"

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
My two thoughts every time I see a Crows team is "I don't recognise half of these names" and "LOL, how the heck Mackay still getting a game?!?"
You leave DMac alone. Champion of the club. Over halfway to 400.

man looking forward to the photo of him alongside Burgoyne, Harvey, Tuck, Fletcher and bartlett.

It happened against Essendon after all was lost and in the last 10 minutes against Brisbane

It did also happen with Schoenberg early on in the Essendon game. Pretty sure he spent a fair portion of the 1st quarter in the midfield in particular.

Yea, hard to defend this kind of talk. They're panicking a bit.

Yup, they're panicking.

No idea why, you've already banked a solid season considering where we were at least year, and no one expects us to be even near finals. Unless we got ahead of ourselves around the bye.

Back