Preview Face Off Adelaide Vs Port, 1 v 2 Showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

They have just talked up Robbie's groin in case they lose. Another excuse.

If they win it will be "brave Robbie".

100% he will play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pretty much this.

If he plays and they win - LOL we beat you with Gray on one leg!
If he plays and they lose - Well Robbie unfit soo...
If he misses and they win - LOL we beat you without Gray!
If he misses and they lose - Well Robbie was out soo...

Always an excuse for a loss, yet always so extraordinarily amazing if they win.

Care to share your strategy? Paying extra for HD was putting me off.
I spoke to them for a few days, they called me back and I told them HD is $2 a month for Netflix, and that I couldn't accept the deal because I considered HD as standard. The guy backflipped pretty quick to close the deal. Also make sure they take $100 off installation costs (online deal honoured over the phone).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've just invested, finally buckled - no contract helped - but talked them out of charging for HD, what a joke $10 a month.

The worse thing is that you MUST get the HD, the SD of AFL is just garbage. I think they have deliberately done that so customers are almost forced into getting HD TV.

There is a decent amount of AFL shows on there to keep your interest, AFL360 (though some call it VFL360) is good at times, I dont need to know what the Crows are doing 4-5 days a week when I have other options. This show is good in that it provides me an insight into the Melbourne Clubs.

On the Couch is another coupled with AFL teams on Thursday night.

Pretty much this.

If he plays and they win - LOL we beat you with Gray on one leg!
If he plays and they lose - Well Robbie unfit soo...
If he misses and they win - LOL we beat you without Gray!
If he misses and they lose - Well Robbie was out soo...

Always an excuse for a loss, yet always so extraordinarily amazing if they win.

They also have the Hombsch excuse locked and loaded too.

As I said, before while losing to those campaigners will suck, but its one game in a long season to play out still. I think for them losing will have literally dire consequences for them in terms of belief and confidence. Which is one of the reasons why I want us to win on Saturday night so badly.

Agree.

The timing of the game is a significant issue. This would have to be one of the earliest in the year that we have played them.

Tbh, the season should open with this game or the derby (well not anymore) on a Thursday night, giving both teams the extra days to recover for R2, but also a better spectacle than the Carlton-Tigers debacle.
I really wouldn't want to see a showdown where both teams are rusty.

They also have the Hombsch excuse locked and loaded too.

As I said, before while losing to those campaigners will suck, but its one game in a long season to play out still. I think for them losing will have literally dire consequences for them in terms of belief and confidence. Which is one of the reasons why I want us to win on Saturday night so badly.
It is a game against inferior opposition.

I said before the Hawks game that if we are as good as we think we are we have to win that game. This game is exactly the same.

A side contending for a top four spot should beat Port on their home deck. We have already beaten a genuine top four contender (GWS) at AO this year.

IMO has little to do with who they are but where we aspire to be at seasons end.

It is not about being cocky and arrogant but about treating this game like any other in respecting them but having belief that our coaches, players and methods are better than their's.

So bloody nervous. Excited at the same time.

I'm a glass half empty kind of guy but I think we should be able to just grind out a win.

We're a bit like a huge reservoir of water held behind a dam - and we only need to open up those spillways for a quarter to break our opposition.

That said 'it's a showdown and anything could happen'

Going with a port supporter 'friend' who's a member so going to be embedded in rabble - think I'll just wear my crows polo for safety reasons. Flag and scarf can stay at home.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

CjyMPmuUYAEtzBa.jpg

*unless we have injuries, suspensions or a hard fixture

Is 'never ever' give up better than never give up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a game against inferior opposition.

I said before the Hawks game that if we are as good as we think we are we have to win that game. This game is exactly the same.

A side contending for a top four spot should beat Port on their home deck. We have already beaten a genuine top four contender (GWS) at AO this year.

IMO has little to do with who they are but where we aspire to be at seasons end.

It is not about being cocky and arrogant but about treating this game like any other in respecting them but having belief that our coaches, players and methods are better than their's.

We will do that but the crowd and the whole vibe give it a different dimension. Showdowns are diferent, they are like finals atomosphere wise and pressure wise. So really good in some ways to have such a test so early in the season. 55-45 chance of winning for mine but anything can happen.

We will do that but the crowd and the whole vibe give it a different dimension. Showdowns are diferent, they are like finals atomosphere wise and pressure wise. So really good in some ways to have such a test so early in the season. 55-45 chance of winning for mine but anything can happen.
I think our guys enjoy performing in front of Tealsters on our home deck.

The comment means that Port Adelaide treat Showdowns like they are Grand Finals, as in play harder and more desperate as if a Premiership was on the line, rather than it just being a regular H&A game.

So that would suggest they play at say 90% for all games except GF or showdowns where they put in a full effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to be wary of another slow start, poor kicking and giving opposition a quarter head start - it will be our undoing against a good team. I'm positive we are a better side but both are in outstanding form, and both will play with huge emotions, and port will come out of the blocks hard.

We need to be wary of another slow start, poor kicking and giving opposition a quarter head start - it will be our undoing against a good team. I'm positive we are a better side but both are in outstanding form, and both will play with huge emotions, and port will come out of the blocks hard.

GWS and Hawks arent good teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back