Preview Face-off: Crows vs Saints, Saturday Night, 7th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can’t believe they chose him over Petracca.

The gap in class is ridiculous.

Desperate people do desperate things.

Badly needed a ten year key forward...

went for what they could find

Due to an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine:
  • I am now my own father,
  • I have travelled into the future,
  • And due to the new-found future celebrity nature of my life (tune in to Today Tonight next Wednesday night for the big reveal) I have exclusive access to the inner sanctum of the crows.
"FACE OFF", while "OFF MY FACE" ?? ;) Why didn't you just tell us the result? :D

Does anyone know:
--- how far is Gibson away from being fit?
--- how bad MCrouch's hammie is?
--- if Lynch will get a run in the SANFL, first (assuming ready)?

If Pyke plays safe and brings in Douglas for MCrouch only, our inexperienced players will be very keen to keep being selected, even if the Saints are looking to make up for their NM loss. Crows by 12+ goals.

If the Saint players are as resigned to defeat as the posters on their board then the Crows will almost win by forfeit. They’ve pretty much given up on their season already.

If we start well this week it will be interesting to see if the Saints players have the ticker to go with us. You’d want to hope for their sake that they want to make amends for last week’s performance. If not Richardson could be in trouble very early in the season.

"FACE OFF", while "OFF MY FACE" ?? ;) Why didn't you just tell us the result? :D

Does anyone know:

If Pyke plays safe and brings in Douglas for MCrouch only, our inexperienced players will be very keen to keep being selected, even if the Saints are looking to make up for their NM loss. Crows by 12+ goals.
Only can guess regarding MCrouch, and it's been posted somewhere the club thinks 3 weeks off, which is the equivalent of a mild strain. Usually the severe ones are the ones running at full pace, which we should have seen in video footage of the game, but we didn't.

Only can guess regarding MCrouch, and it's been posted somewhere the club thinks 3 weeks off, which is the equivalent of a mild strain. Usually the severe ones are the ones running at full pace, which we should have seen in video footage of the game, but we didn't.

Did anyone catch what Matt was doing when he pulled his hamstring? Seemed one minute he was dishing out a hand pass, the next he had ice taped to his leg.

Does anyone know:

Well, because I am only 4 days into the future.

I can tell you now if you want.

Gibson will miss one more week.
Crouch will miss 3 more.
Lynch is supposedly a "test" but i think he will miss again, or play SANFL to get fit.

I wonder if you guys are forgetting that we also got belted by North last year?

Saints are a team I had middle of the table, a good year pushing them up into the 8. Maybe they are having a bad year instead, who knows? We're 2 games in.

In fact, of the 2 games, we played well in one and sucked balls in the other. So we don't really have any form to back these assertions up.

And we've got injuries. If things go wrong, we won't touch the pill in the middle. Switch on, I think we have them. We'd better do that though. This is no walk up win like half of you lot are suggesting.
If that game was under the roof at the docklands that result wouldn't of happened.

Crows by 116
Don’t you mean 119?
Personally I’ll be putting on my realist hat and remember all those times we’ve either played awful against crap teams or actually been humiliated by them.
I hope we bring the A game

This is not a set or slight against Douglas but I do hope other players go past him. But it is up to others to push Dougy out and he wont go down without a fight
I’ve heard he’s been to see “I Tonya” half a dozen times. Watch your knees boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This smells like an ambush.

Saints have enough good players to roll over us IF their energy is significantly better than ours.

We match their energy and I think we will win easily.
From Pykes interview he and the team are far more aware of the dangers of this game than some starry eyed BF contributors. Yes, it is possible they are broken and capitulate. It is also possible and even more likely that they respond to the scrutiny they are under and take it right up to us. We will need to be on our game in preparation for this possibility.

Fun fact: With Jenkins in the team we have never lost to the saints.

6-0

FuL5IAd.png

Did anyone catch what Matt was doing when he pulled his hamstring? Seemed one minute he was dishing out a hand pass, the next he had ice taped to his leg.
If the below is the is the dish out you mean (about 18m50s left in Q2), that could be the moment he injured his hammy, can see him stretch it quite a bit reaching down or evading the tackle might have done it. This was just before the 2 Murphy goals, he lined up for the bounce after the first Murphy goal and he didn't look happy at the point where Murphy kicked the second.

His previous disposal before this handball was that laser kick out of halfback looked like a tightly wound controlled kick which might have also been a cause.

Crows[20180329]Rich.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back