Mod. Notice Face off/previews. Do we miss them? Do we want them back ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
A couple of years ago we opened it up to the board to nominate yourself to write a weekly face off/preview for one game for the season.

Is there any interest in bringing this back ?

Ideally it would be great to have enough interest that people would only have to write one for the season. It's doesn't need to be war and peace, just a general preview of the game ie potential ins and outs, where you think the game could be won and lost and your prediction. The most important thing is we encourage you to take it in whatever unqiue direction you what.

If people are interested we will open it for nominations and hopefully look at starting it again from Round 3 or 4 onwards.

Last edited:

Sort of OT but perhaps someone could bump the "last time we played them" match day thread - and lock it - just for some memory lane stuff?

I really like this idea :thumbsu:

It's obvliously too late for this week, but I will start it for next week's game.

I like them

I did try and incorporate some of that into my match day post. I think if done well it could be turned into the Match day thread once 24 hours approaches? Or is it better to separate them?

I might do one on Monday and see what the reaction is for the Geelong game

I like them

I did try and incorporate some of that into my match day post. I think if done well it could be turned into the Match day thread once 24 hours approaches? Or is it better to separate them?

I might do one on Monday and see what the reaction is for the Geelong game

Great work on the Face Off thread :thumbsu:

I must have missed the bit where relapse became a Mod. :oops:

Well I am taking that as a positive, at least I haven't been noticed due to anything untoward :thumbsu:

It's like when people say that a game has been umpired well when you don't really notice the umpires :p

Well I am taking that as a positive, at least I haven't been noticed due to anything untoward :thumbsu:

It's like when people say that a game has been umpired well when you don't really notice the umpires :p
Perhaps I just haven’t been paying attention.... but when did it happen? Was it advertised, or a “boys club” appointment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps I just haven’t been paying attention.... but when did it happen? Was it advertised, or a “boys club” appointment?
Dont be obtuse

You campaigned for a spot at the time

Edit: you did not campaign I apologise

You did post in that thread ironically post 119

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back