Preview FACE OFF: RICHMOND TIGERS V ADELAIDE CROWS (30/5/2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

4 cases, got a pizza shop vibe to it. Lockdown to allow contact tracers to catch up whilst positive cases totally evaporate.
Little bit worse than that. 120 exposure sites. Places like the MCG, Marvel stadium, night clubs, bars, city train stations all had been visited by positive cases while infectious, 10% of a workplace got it from one person in Port Melbourne. 4 cases today is a good sign but this has the potential to get out of hand pretty quick over here.

Little bit worse than that. 120 exposure sites. Places like the MCG, Marvel stadium, night clubs, bars, city train stations all had been visited by positive cases while infectious, 10% of a workplace got it from one person in Port Melbourne. 4 cases today is a good sign but this has the potential to get out of hand pretty quick over here.
Are all the cases still directly linked?

That is the positive if so.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Peak Richmond was 2018 (ironically however they failed to win the flag). They have been in a very slow decline since then.

Certainly a winnable game for us with them away from the MCG and they haven’t yet quite got into their groove.

Boy I'd love to be in a slow decline and still win back to back flags

This outbreak is purely due to medi hotels not being fit for purpose for this type of air borne virus. The man wasn’t positive when he entered the hotel, had tested negative four times during his time there and it’s assumed he caught it when his door and a Covid positive persons door were opened after each other. It’s been well documented how important rooms with negative pressure air are to stop the spread of the virus, everyday hotel rooms don’t have this, hence the need for more fit for purpose quarantine facilities which the federal government has continually dropped the ball on.
A thousand times this

This outbreak is purely due to medi hotels not being fit for purpose for this type of air borne virus. The man wasn’t positive when he entered the hotel, had tested negative four times during his time there and it’s assumed he caught it when his door and a Covid positive persons door were opened after each other. It’s been well documented how important rooms with negative pressure air are to stop the spread of the virus, everyday hotel rooms don’t have this, hence the need for more fit for purpose quarantine facilities which the federal government has continually dropped the ball on.
Lucky they spent $7m on a Covid app instead of fitting out quarantine locations, wasn't it.

I wonder if they’ll implement being tested a few days after leaving quarantine.
Would seem like a basic thing to do, to be tested after you leave a possible infection site.

Last edited:
Most likely it is just that.

Better now than when it's near 1000 cases.

Nah, I think what we're seeing is that when it starts off as a single case, the spread isn't anywhere near enough to warrant statewide lockdowns. There's a natural reduction in risk as soon as it's known and sites are identified quickly and people react appropriately to the advice. It's not people flooding in from cruise ships or walking off international flights direct into the community anymore. NSW has shown you don't need to shut an entire state to control the spread. Nor did we, we barely clocked 10 new cases after the shut down. Testing is going through the roof and tye ladt day prior to shutting down they crack 4 cases.

Nah, I think what we're seeing is that when it starts off as a single case, the spread isn't anywhere near enough to warrant statewide lockdowns. There's a natural reduction in risk as soon as it's known and sites are identified quickly and people react appropriately to the advice. It's not people flooding in from cruise ships or walking off international flights direct into the community anymore. NSW has shown you don't need to shut an entire state to control the spread. Nor did we, we barely clocked 10 new cases after the shut down. Testing is going through the roof and tye ladt day prior to shutting down they crack 4 cases.

The problem here is the exposure sites are so far and wide and in such dense areas.

I work in Port Melbourne, we usually go to the Local every Friday for lunch. Plenty of people there - last Friday we got lucky and tried a different place. All the cafes and other places around there, most in our office of about 15 have been there at some stage.

I drove past a few of the bars on Chapel St on Sat on my way home at the time a positive case was there. The bars were chockers. Lineups out the doors too. And these aren't big clubs either these are cosy places, everyone's up on each other.

Then there's the MCG and the sardine fest that is Richmond station post game (post any game no matter the crowd it's always horrendous).

That's only 4-5 of the exposure sites and there's 120+ now. I hate lockdowns as much as anyone and I'm filthy I'll miss a rare Crows game at the MCG but this one makes more sense than the one we had in Feb.

Tim Silvers on AA mentioned this morning there was some talk early about playing at AO.

I bet that was stopped quite quickly by the Tiggers

They don't play AO well. Too narrow for their preferred game. Having a close loss already to Port here, us beating the Dees and them needing a win to get back into the Eight would have stopped that conversation.

Giant Stadium is a wider ground, better suited to their game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I bet that was stopped by SA Health, not Richmond.

NSW aren't as Henny Penny as the other states when it comes to Covid, hence being allowed to play there.

I bet that was stopped by SA Health, not Richmond.

NSW aren't as Henny Penny as the other states when it comes to Covid, hence being allowed to play there.
Considering the amount of possible infections that SA could get from the Port game last week I don’t blame them for being cautious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed in a way that the game isn't at the MCG, would've been really good for our young guys to get a taste of playing the top level at the most important ground. We only have one more game at the G and that depends by then if that goes ahead. Anyone else feel this way?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well if we are smart, we lobby the AFL for extra MCG games next year. A season with 4 MCG games sounds great, may have to move one of them up from Sleepy Hollow to make it happen

Well if we are smart, we lobby the AFL for extra MCG games next year. A season with 4 MCG games sounds great, may have to move one of them up from Sleepy Hollow to make it happen
Would be nice wouldn't it, we need way more exposure to the MCG only way we are going to learn.

Hope we've been practising Jarryd Lyons' Dusty-Fend-off-Slapdown move.

Kill Dusty, you kill Richmond.

It's about ******* time people did some research into this, McPherson did it great last year against him, just grabbed his fend off arm and wrenched him to the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back