Preview Face Off Round 10 - Crows vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ not another wet weather game. What's the bet it takes us half the game yet again to work out that we need to adjust our style?

I'll do one. Don't particularly care which one, whichever one nobody else wants.

Can I do round 20?

Done and done.
Round 10 Fremantle - Drugs Are Bad Mackay (Purple Haze)
Round 11 Sydney - PyroCrow
Round 12 Richmond - BoshtrichBurger
Round 14 Gold Coast - Schulzycrow
Round 15 West Coast - threefa9
Round 16 Collingwood - roo2macca
Round 17 Geelong
Round 18 Fremantle
Round 19 Port - Drugs Are Bad Mackay 2 (Purple Rain? But that doesn't even make sense.)
Round 20 North Melbourne - Hinkstuff
Round 21 Western Bulldogs
Round 22 Melbourne - JP Sauce
Round 23 West Coast - Glenno23

Somewhere - a1118868

Is threefa9 a real poster? Or dig you just accidentally mash the keyboard while reaching for your phone?
He or she is definitely someone, although 3 posts this month says that maybe I shouldn't rely on him or her to create a Face Off thread.

Prove me wrong threefa9, prove me wrong!

JP Sauce I'm out for the Sydney game due to work commitments. If anyone else wants it they are free to have it.

. There are a couple of elite legs that will be delivering the ball to the Freo forwards, in particular Mundy, D Pearce and Brent Reilly so our defenders need to be sharp.

Zachary Clark is no world beater (though a better player than his older sisters Raph and Xavier)

Sam+Jacobs+AFL+Rd+9+Collingwood+v+Adelaide+kHcs8_g12rql.jpg
Sam Jacobs has struggled to run out games all season and has lacked energy, particularly at the centre bounces. Here he is on Sunday after the warm up lap.

Yep, gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like St Kilda under Lyon, the system is more important than the individuals that comprise it. Having said that, I'd rather play Freo without the players they have out, than with them. I've watched the replay of last year's final enough times since to know that that game was the only one Freo lost last year when all of their best players were playing (one of the commentators mentioned it while they were winning).

I expect Freo to win this week, we are still barely going while the Dockers are really warming up. Having said that we did have the wood on them last year which gives me some hope. Aside from the odd quarter (3rd in Perth, 1st in the final), we generally had their measure.

Would be interested in the views of a Freo fan as to how they expect the Dockers to handle wet weather...
We didn't have Mcpharlin for the finals last year,

Good write up but like every other group of supporters we've faced this year, you're overestimating the impact of freo's outs. Whilst they're significant, freo are still winning games without them and contrary to popular belief are very attacking with time in forward 50 massively greater than our opponents... It's just that when freo don't have the ball they apply pressure till they get it back.

Tricky game to tip though because of history but with Ross will have spent extra time doing analysis this week combined with a bay purple NTTAWWTs thread... Dockers by 20.

You do realise that a thread on Bay 13 of BigFooty will have zero bearing on the outcome right?

And i'm sure Ross has been up late with his warm milk and cookies reading much much more about the Crows than he usually does :rolleyes:

Brilliant write-up, if only you could write for the Advertiser!

Adelaide vs Fremantle
Neil Craig was unimpressed though, and soon dumped him back to the SANFL the week after a rising star nomination. This was also the period where Taylor Walker was in the SANFL because we already had Patrick Dangerfield parked at full forward. A real Neil Triple-Whammy that had the fans in raptures.

lol :thumbsu:

You do realise that a thread on Bay 13 of BigFooty will have zero bearing on the outcome right?

And i'm sure Ross has been up late with his warm milk and cookies reading much much more about the Crows than he usually does :rolleyes:

Oh yea of little faith.. The bay holds sway.

If you wander over to our page you may find the clip of Ross where he states that he and the coaches are doing some extra analysis this week about beating Adelaide.

Feel free to keep rolling your eyes though.

Oh yea of little faith.. The bay holds sway.

If you wander over to our page you may find the clip of Ross where he states that he and the coaches are doing some extra analysis this week about beating Adelaide.

Feel free to keep rolling your eyes though.

The bay holds zero sway towards the outcome of the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

The only thing that happens if someone gets it wrong, is that the poster is laughed at and mocked and they move on. But it will have ZERO effect on the game. Not one iota

I don't doubt that Freo can win, they are a good team, but remember you're on the Adelaide board right now. Not the Freo one

The bay holds zero sway towards the outcome of the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

The only thing that happens if someone gets it wrong, is that the poster is laughed at and mocked and they move on. But it will have ZERO effect on the game. Not one iota

I don't doubt that Freo can win, they are a good team, but remember you're on the Adelaide board right now. Not the Freo one

Anyone who thinks anyone who really believes a bay thread has any relevance is a bigger fool.

And is this not a face-off thread where light hearted banter from opposition is accepted? Or is the Adelaide board too serious for that?

We didn't have Mcpharlin for the finals last year,
Yeah but we had $kirt;)....so that evens out.

Excellent and humour sprinkled write up DABM.
I want some hot sauce this week after his embarrassing benching following a promising game the previous week. I thought Sando had rocks in his head...but if Sauce can gain the ascendancy at stoppages and we tackle well[ read not slide in] I think we can get up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back