Preview FACE OFF Round 2: 8th time lucky? Hawthorn v Adelaide @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we ran the game out too well to be worried about it. It was a pretty one-way game for the most part after half time too which is always a lot easier.

an extra day is an extra day though, but I wouldn't expect it to be the difference between winning and losing.

This.

If it had been a close game, down to the wire, I'd be more worried. So long as we didn't skimp on recovery and kept up our fluids we should be fine.

Having one less day recovery and those ridiculous temperatures we had to play through will be a major factor. Especially since its still the beginning of the season. I feel that will be the deciding factor in a close game. Tom Mitchell also plays us very well so expect him to be one of the best on the day.

Think there will be less than a kick in it.

Having one less day recovery and those ridiculous temperatures we had to play through will be a major factor. Especially since its still the beginning of the season. I feel that will be the deciding factor in a close game. Tom Mitchell also plays us very well so expect him to be one of the best on the day.

Think there will be less than a kick in it.

It's going to be 19 degrees in Melbourne, if we can't play through that in Round 2 we are in big trouble.

It's going to be 19 degrees in Melbourne, if we can't play through that in Round 2 we are in big trouble.

That still wont account for what last weeks game took out of us. That will take more than normal to recover from. Add to that its the beginning of the season, we have one less day than the Hawks and we have to travel and it will have an impact. Its going to be 19 deg for both sides.

We haven't beaten them in forever and I'm expecting a better performance from them this week. They always seem to lift another gear against us. The inclusion of Luke Hodge can't be underestimated, he improves that team tenfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo on the wing and HFF though right?

They would be absolutely nuts to play him as a 3rd key forward.
If he plays in defence he could find himself on Gov or Lynch and both would smash him. He'll probably play on the wing though because Hawthorn sure as hell don't want him playing on any of our forwards.

So if a few things work out I'll be heading over for this game with a Hawks mate of mine at late notice. I've been looking for accommodation around Southbank area, preferably 2 bedrooms. Any good suggestions?

That's the spirit.

Naaw...more like this
times-are-changin.jpg

Wednesday prior to Rnd 1 - "WE HAVE THE SLOWEST MOST TALENTLESS PLODDING MIDFIELD EVER GONNA GET SMASHED BY 100 POINTS MINIMUM"

Wednesday prior to Rnd 2 - "GONNA BREAK OUR BIGGEST EVER HOODOO BY TEN GOALS AT THE G AGAINST THE DOMINATORS OF THE PAST DECADE"

I'm not even mad, I'm impressed! with our collective ability to be hyper-aware of not getting our hopes artificially up because we've been burnt before whist simultaneously getting our hopes artificially up and priming ourselves to be burnt again. never change, crows fans :) :thumbsu:
Just the loudest group of supporters has changed, not what they are saying

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is gonna be embarrassing for the Hawks. Will be pantsed and gone in dry on.

Changes:

In: Walker, Lever
Out: Otten, Kelly

Team:

B: Brown - Hartigan - Lever
HB: Smith - Talia - Laird
C: Cameron - Hampton - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - McGovern
F: Betts - Jenkins - Menzel
R: Jacobs - Sloane - Crouch
I: Milera - Knight - Douglas - Mackay

All of the frustration from all those losses will be unleashed. Crows to win by 75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back