Face-Off: Round 21 v the Bombres

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS! There was a thread on the main board called " Do you still think of Jobe Watson as a brownlow medalist?"
Deleted......
This idon prick wants to rewrite history!
I think of Jobe Watson as a drug cheat who is absolute denial about his own decision to take drugs and instead to play the victim card. It's sad and he's sad. If you look at other players retiring like Priddis, Reiwoldt, Mitchell, Johnson and how they've all been great players who have had stellar careers.

Respect.

I think that it's sad that I will never ever see Watson in the same way as those other players as he made the choice to take PEDS. That was his choice so I have no sympathy. Good riddance to a blight on the game and all the other drug cheats along with him.

Adelaide: No change

Well there you go. DMac's got a self-healing vampire sarcophagus in his bedroom.
Corked thigh is not such an issue for D-Mac, given that he doesn't really have thighs. Ollie Wines would be out for a month with the same injury.

It's the elephant with a toothache theory.

I think of Jobe Watson as a drug cheat who is absolute denial about his own decision to take drugs and instead to play the victim card. It's sad and he's sad. If you look at other players retiring like Priddis, Reiwoldt, Mitchell, Johnson and how they've all been great players who have had stellar careers.

Respect.

I think that it's sad that I will never ever see Watson in the same way as those other players as he made the choice to take PEDS. That was his choice so I have no sympathy. Good riddance to a blight on the game and all the other drug cheats along with him.
Shows how important it is for all players to retain independent thought. Yes, it's a team environment that relies on hierarchy - coaches, captains, senior players, one in all in etc - but the individual still has to ultimately decide right and wrong according to their own values.

Shows how important it is for all players to retain independent thought. Yes, it's a team environment that relies on hierarchy - coaches, captains, senior players, one in all in etc - but the individual still has to ultimately decide right and wrong according to their own values.
easy to get swept up in regimes though.

this is a fascinating read on that sort of thing: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/647492.Ordinary_Men

and those people were doing things several orders of magnitude worse than Jab Watson and the Essendon boys... you're absolutely right on where the responsibility lies, but speaking out is often easier said than done. We're especially well-drilled to go along with authority, probably especially so at a football club or any other competitive sporting outfit.

that's not to say that I have a lot of sympathy for them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respect.

Do you think they knew they were taking illegal substances though? I just find it so stupid how Jobe & most of the players wittingly took illegal substances..like are they really that dumb?
Met Jobe a few times at RCH before all this blew up and he's a very good honest likeable bloke, I do too find it quite sad.

Do you think they knew they were taking illegal substances though? I just find it so stupid how Jobe & most of the players wittingly took illegal substances..like are they really that dumb?
Met Jobe a few times at RCH before all this blew up and he's a very good honest likeable bloke, I do too find it quite sad.
The avoidance/lieing about having taken anything indicates to me they knew something was up.

The only players I have sympathy for in that circumstance are the rookies and fringe players. When more or less the whole club goes all in on doping, you don't want to be left behind or possibly delisted as you've shown an unwillingness to "do what it takes".

The rest.... They are just as implicated as the club and Dank.

How's Leuenberger's form in the 2's been? He was once a very good ruckman so i'm surprised he cant really get a game anymore.

Sam Jacobs is still a red hot chance at AA this year, and looking at his next 3 opponents I'd be surprised if he doesn't take the chocolates on all 3 occasions.

How's Leuenberger's form in the 2's been? He was once a very good ruckman so i'm surprised he cant really get a game anymore.

Sam Jacobs is still a red hot chance at AA this year, and looking at his next 3 opponents I'd be surprised if he doesn't take the chocolates on all 3 occasions.
Okay but Bellchambers has been much better

He's a limited footballer. Can't tap to advantage, can't impose a physical presence, can't take a mark and kick a goal, can't run hard and get lots of touches.

Jacobs in the form he is in will give him an absolute bath.

He's a limited footballer. Can't tap to advantage, can't impose a physical presence, can't take a mark and kick a goal, can't run hard and get lots of touches.

Jacobs in the form he is in will give him an absolute bath.
Cheers, yeah I thought Bellchambers would struggle against an inform Jacobs, I would be surprised if the guy he's keeping out of the side would do any better

FFS! There was a thread on the main board called " Do you still think of Jobe Watson as a brownlow medalist?"
Deleted......
This idon prick wants to rewrite history!

I got a day off from the main board for saying i thought jobes grandmother didnt have a fake brownlow but his real one.

That board is s**t

Probably not the first to raise this but how awkward would it be if by some miracle the Bombers or Port win the GF and Jobe Watson or Patty Ryder got the Norm Smith??? I wonder if they would refuse to take it from him, refuse to shake his hand or would Hird pull out and leave the presentation to someone else? Would be fun viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back