Preview Face-Off: Round 22 v the Swanettes

Assuming they both play, do you think the club is right to select Walker and Sloane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree, Sydney has an outrageous cost of living. Maybe the AFL should introduce some sort of cost of living into the swans salary cap to help offset this.
They don't need to anymore. The state government sorted it out for you. Everything shuts early, so there's nothing to spend your money on .. yay Sydney .. so hipster, so cosmopolitan .. ;)

They don't need to anymore. The state government sorted it out for you. Everything shuts early, so there's nothing to spend your money on .. yay Sydney .. so hipster, so cosmopolitan .. ;)
Hey ive never lived in sydney, im an old south melb supporter who now lives in perth. Trust me when i say no city is more boring than here.

Not too many changes from the Sydney final last year.

Out:
Thommo
Cheney
Lyons
Hartigan

Ins:
Greenwood
Keath
Kelly
Knight

The big win for us is Greenwood in for Thommo, that is a huge improvement over a cooked Thommo.

Keath for Hartigan is much of a muchness as is Kelly for Cheney.

Knight for Lyons is a win for pressure and speed.

We do seem a more balanced team - especially with the organic growth ;)

Out:
Thommo
Cheney
Lyons
Hartigan

Ins:
Greenwood
Keath
Kelly
Knight

The big win for us is Greenwood in for Thommo, that is a huge improvement over a cooked Thommo.

Also playing a presumably fit Brown, Jenkins and Jacobs will be massive gains

The opinions expressed on the Swans board about the game are perfectly fair enough.

The opinions expressed on the Swans board about the relative merits of the two cities as places to live are way, way off. I think maybe Sydney residents have to badmouth other places in order to justify to themselves the outrageous costs of living in Sydney. In actual truth Sydney is a way overpriced rat hole.

FYI, it was actually an Adelaide resident that made the jokes about Adelaide.

Out:
Thommo
Cheney
Lyons
Hartigan

Ins:
Greenwood
Keath
Kelly
Knight

I think the other variable that needs to be taken into consideration is that we had a few players cooked before the match, coupled with the fact that this years team has form and momentum compared to last years finals debacle to the Swans.

I think the other variable that needs to be taken into consideration is that we had a few players cooked before the match, coupled with the fact that this years team has form and momentum compared to last years finals debacle to the Swans.

And didnt Talia go down for the match pretty early on and maybe Lever too. I have tried to wipe that game from my memory bank.

Out:
Thommo
Cheney
Lyons
Hartigan

Ins:
Greenwood
Keath
Kelly
Knight

Where quite opposite to you in terms of changes for that final.

Out
Nankervis
Naismith
Mcglynn
Mitchell
Marsh
Richards
Laidler
Aliir
Kennedy

In
Reid
Tippett
Sinclair
Mills
Hayward
Newman
Melican
Towers
Jones

This is based on last weeks team. I expect kennedy will play this week.

The opinions expressed on the Swans board about the game are perfectly fair enough.

The opinions expressed on the Swans board about the relative merits of the two cities as places to live are way, way off. I think maybe Sydney residents have to badmouth other places in order to justify to themselves the outrageous costs of living in Sydney. In actual truth Sydney is a way overpriced rat hole.
People say s**t things about Sydney ALL the time on BF, I don't care. Much of what they say is true, some is dumb.

I have a brother who lives in Adelaide, I go at least once a year to visit, went to KI last year, it's great. Adelaide is a very liveable place.

I am thinking like that too. A few weeks ago, I had tipped you to lose to Hawthorn and beat the Cats and then lose to us. That was before we had top 2 sewn up. Its easy to say our boys are going to treat it like any other match. But in the back of their mind there will always be some instinct to hold themselves back and not get injured. Every hard contest, every time they have to run at full speed at a lost cause "just in case", etc, etc. In fact I dont want to see any of our guys go courageously back into a marking contest where they may get crunched. The sort of things I will be expecting from them in a final, I will be hoping like hell they dont do that on Friday. We have seen what happens to our team this season when we aren't 100% there mentally. I am expecting a strong showing from us early in the match. But I wonder if we will drop off after that first 10 minutes or so.

Would love to get the 4 points, but number 1 priority for me is getting through unscathed.
If we were in your position, I'd be thinking exactly the same.

Adelaide is so quiet, I love it... Came over for a visit Jan last year, arrived Sunday morning, at about 10AM.

Traffic lights ticked red, about 4 blocks from Rundle Mall...

6 cars went through the other way, then I spent 30 more seconds amazed that no other cars went through :p

Melbourne makes me crazy with how busy everything is.

Really nice to be able to duck down to a real beach in 20 minutes from the CBD with the family, great holiday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whole side was cooked, a lot of our young blokes have moved from the 10-30 game bracket to the 30-50, good times.

No because the bye at the end of the season only started last year. In the SANFL when there was a top 5, the top team had the first week off.

I discussed this earlier. Clarko has had form of resting many many players in the final round. In effect he treated the final H&A as a bye when the Hawks had secured a top 2 finish.

I discussed this earlier. Clarko has had form of resting many many players in the final round. In effect he treated the final H&A as a bye when the Hawks had secured a top 2 finish.
Resting a few is different to the whole team not playing. See the results of teams after the byes earlier this year. It is the same for all teams first week of finals but does seem to favour teams other than top 2.

Resting a few is different to the whole team not playing. See the results of teams after the byes earlier this year. It is the same for all teams first week of finals but does seem to favour teams other than top 2.
It wasnt a few it was as much as 10-12 players.

And didnt Talia go down for the match pretty early on and maybe Lever too. I have tried to wipe that game from my memory bank.
I think we had a few players under injury clouds and these players played nowhere near their best last year's semi-final. I can't remember who were the injured ones, but can remember clearly Lever got injured mid-game. He was looking like an angry bull and played great in the first quarter, and it really swung it Sydney's way once Lever came off.

I'd have the mentality to take on all comers. We are there for a reason and thaughts of avoiding a certain team wouldn't be considered..

As supporters we tend to have sides we want to avoid, but I doubt your coach or players would, you're going to be minor premiers.

Lot of excitement from both sides about this game, which is great.
Just some thoughts around this thinking. I understand it and can see where people are coming from but I want to win

Win and we are guaranteed top spot or close enough. Lose and we drop to 2nd. Finishing 1st means we play Port or Richmond home. Finishing 2nd means we play Geelong at home

I know my preference. Yes we must beat any team anytime anywhere. But there are ways and means to go about it. It also pushes the Swans out of the top 4.

Me I want to win

Just some thoughts around this thinking. I understand it and can see where people are coming from but I want to win

Win and we are guaranteed top spot or close enough. Lose and we drop to 2nd. Finishing 1st means we play Port or Richmond home. Finishing 2nd means we play Geelong at home

I know my preference. Yes we must beat any team anytime anywhere. But there are ways and means to go about it. It also pushes the Swans out of the top 4.

Me I want to win

I would love to win on Friday night, just hope the Club rests players that are currently injured.

There will be late changes imo before the bounce.

Back