Preview FACE OFF--ROUND 23, A FLIGHT TO THE TOP

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
People spread it thick like nutella, then say they don't like it.
But thats how I like it. Dont wave the knife over the top of the bread and tell me you put vegemite on it. It has to mix into the butter and coagulate for it to be great

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
What I always find amusing with vegemite taste test videos is that people are eating the vegemite straight out of the jar.

What people don't seem to realise is that no one here actually eats Vegemite straight out of the jar. We spread it very thinly on a piece of toast that has margarine or butter on it.

If people want to know how Vegemite tastes they should be eating it this way.

vegemite-on-toast-picture-id494150933

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
What people don't seem to realise is that no one here actually eats Vegemite straight out of the jar. We spread it very thinly on a piece of toast that has margarine or butter on it.
DONT!! THICK

vegemite-toast.jpg

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Australia and its people and culture (I live in the US but I'm Canadian, we generally try to know stuff about other countries) but the one thing I still can't figure out is whether anyone actually likes Vegemite or if it's just a joke you all play on foreigners.

Nope no joke, even this is legit too

17378608933_5c5fea601e_b.jpg

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Too late she cried. ;) And whilst disappointed... not making a fuss. Ooh look, a new leaf.

I think the tone of the board is nicer. Mods have been warning / deleting / banning harder.

Also, we've not lost a game since then... maybe that helped.

and for the record, i think HAF stands for what this mystery blonde woman said when relapse tried to talk to her

HA, * off

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It should be an interesting game

If Essendon don't thrash Freo or if Melb lose it will mean that West Coast may only be a 20-30 point win away from 8th.

Throw in it being Priddis, Butler and Mtichell's last games and the last game at Subiaco (which has historically not been a happy hunting ground) and this one has the hallmarks of being potentially a very tough day at the office.

I think we're going to struggle with this one.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think the tone of the board is nicer. Mods have been warning / deleting / banning harder.

Also, we've not lost a game since then... maybe that helped.

and for the record, i think HAF stands for what this mystery blonde woman said when relapse tried to talk to her

HA, **** off

That or ...

"not even if you're the last man on earth" :D

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Australia and its people and culture (I live in the US but I'm Canadian, we generally try to know stuff about other countries) but the one thing I still can't figure out is whether anyone actually likes Vegemite or if it's just a joke you all play on foreigners.

The trick is to not put too much on your food (unless you're a real salt addict) ... gives it that umami savoury goodness.

Marmite, on the other hand ... that's just the Devil's diarrhea.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
The trick is to not put too much on your food (unless you're a real salt addict) ... gives it that umami savoury goodness.

Marmite, on the other hand ... that's just the Devil's diarrhea.

Yeah I have mine on toast. What I like to do is to get my toast whilst its still hot, I cut into quarters then I get some hard butter and put plenty on a quarter and then smear vegemite on the butter. I repeat the steps quarter by quarter. Yes I eat too much butter but its the only way I will get the stuff. How someone can actually put vegemite on a spoon and eat it that way is beyond me.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It should be an interesting game

If Essendon don't thrash Freo or if Melb lose it will mean that West Coast may only be a 20-30 point win away from 8th.

Throw in it being Priddis, Butler and Mtichell's last games and the last game at Subiaco (which has historically not been a happy hunting ground) and this one has the hallmarks of being potentially a very tough day at the office.

I think we're going to struggle with this one.

Its exactly how I want it. I want to earn the win. Another contested battle that we need to come out on top of. Cant wait.

Back