Preview Face Off: Showdown 44 Port Adelaide v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

They have been smashed in contested ball so they are obviously trying to correct that with the inclusion of Rockliff and SPP however I’m oaper it does look like they have lost outside spread and run

I can’t believe Neade has been selected zero kicks and 5 handballs last game, Whingard has to be a risk if he plays and I’m not convinced that Rocky is right and SPP is in good form

Plenty of unanswered questions for
port
So now if we match them on the contested ball, we should be able to smash them on the outside... but let's beat them up with contested too.

So now if we match them on the contested ball, we should be able to smash them on the outside... but let's beat them up with contested too.

From what I heard of their game vs WC, one of their problems was their spread from the contest

If that’s the case then they’ve just made that worse

Pepperspray and Rockliff could be off the pace.

Wines - Pepperspray - Rockliff at the bounce is like the Three Thommos

Crouch - Gibbs - CEY/Greenwood should be an interesting contest. Get it to Gibbs and we burn them by foot

Last showdown I missed was rd 5 2015. I Was in Europe. Our last loss.

I miss this week (and showdown later this year) as it clashes with my footballing commitments.

So I’m nervous.

Whoever is on Wingard this weekend needs to run off him and make Chad run and run hard and run all day.

Lets test if the kid is genuinely 100% recovered. Would be an early almost fatal body blow if they lose him.
Trouble is our guy will probably ping too :p

Ok, balls on the line. I say there is no way we lose this one.

Yes, we’re missing Sloane, but they have an underdone Ryder coming back from injury having just played on a hard Perth deck.

They are also playing Wingard just 14 days after he pulled a hamstring. No way is he completely recovered for this game.

They’re also playing Neade, who managed just 5 handpasses last week (0 kicks).

Add to that, Port have loaded up with slow inside midfielders, making for a very slow team overall.

I think we still break even on the contested ball, but beat them on turnovers with speed on the outside.

Crows by 38.
Whats this hard deck crap. West Coast have played there every week and traveled the ones they haven’t played there. They’re 2nd on the ladder.

Already big game even bigger now after last night’s result. We can really establish ourselves in the top 4 and put a gap in Port with a win tonight.
Yes, with:
Tigers vs NM
WCE vs GWS
Cats vs Pies.
Should be good games.
3 of those teams in the 8 will get points.
Winning tonight will give us a 2-game break on PA, but make us clear of wannabes jockeying for positions 5th to 8th.
PA might be sick of losing to us, they might have brought back some tough nuts and they will definitely want to win tonight.
We have to want it more.

Will the GDV be open today ?

GA tickets only so need to get in early to get seats for the 72 year old mother in law (her 2nd game). We will need to take shifts taking her down for her “medicine”..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the GDV be open today ?

GA tickets only so need to get in early to get seats for the 72 year old mother in law (her 2nd game). We will need to take shifts taking her down for her “medicine”..
You know the drill. Send a fleet footed seat grabber ahead to get one of those highly coveted GA area seats . I suggest be there an hour before the gates open with enough seat rugs to mark your territory.

You know the drill. Send a fleet footed seat grabber ahead to get one of those highly coveted GA area seats . I suggest be there an hour before the gates open with enough seat rugs to mark your territory.
Thats why I go for the top row. By the time people get that high they have turned back looking for the 1st free seat

An hour before gates open!!!
Will have to wing it getting there at 1pm.
Can’t have the old chook standing!!

Wife is on rug duties

Wife is on rug duties
Port home game. Rock up 5 minutes before bounce down. Seats everywhere except here

3ed99574a8a9af0d0c1e048b1a147fea

Wife is on rug duties
People literally run for those nose bleed seats at the riverbank stand. Me included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back