Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok Run n Spread time for your BigFooty posting performance review.

2016 was an ok year but we think you have more to give. You've impressed with some considered cricket board posts, although impressing on the cricket board given its regular standard can extend as far as simply not uploading pictures of a turd on your kitchen floor.

Your work on the GD board has been adequate although you are sometimes guilty of babbling on about your opinions which are boring as bat s**t, but honestly that's what a large part of the GD board has degenerated into the past few years so you get a pass.

Still, your continued support of Collingwood is something we'd like you to work on in 2017.

As a result we'd like to offer you the minimum payrise of 1% and the promise of more if you beat your agreed benchmarks next year.

Is there anything you'd line to ask or make a comment on in regards to your performance?

Last edited:
Ok Run n Spread time for your BigFooty posting performance review.

2016 was an ok year but we think you have more to give. You've impressed with some considered cricket board posts, although impressing on the cricket board given its regular standard can extend as far as simply not uploading pictures of a turd on your kitchen floor.

Your work on the GD board has been adequate although you are sometimes guilty of babbling on about your opinions which are boring as bat s**t, but honestly that's what a large party GD board has degenerated into the past few years so you get a pass.

Still, your continued support of Collingwood is something we'd like you to work on in 2017.

As a result we'd like to offer you the minimum payrise of 1% and the promise of more if you beat your agreed benchmarks next year.

Is there anything you'd line to ask or make a comment on in regards to your performance?

Surprised at the cricket. Most people there think I suck.

My opinions are as boring as bat s**t? So I differ from 99.9% of the population how?

2017. Read some of my Collingwood posts. Will go OK.

Anymore comments (I have actually been asked this) No. Unlike you managerial narcissists I really don't feel the need to crap on unnecessarily.

I found Facebook useful recently when I was in hospital. It was a good way of letting people know at the same time that I was there without people needing to ring around and gossip about why I was in there.

Between 18 and 65, what is the point of birthdays anyway.
Drinking age, pension age, the rest who cares.

I reckon 50 is pretty big. Half a century. I plan on celebrating mine in a big way.

so I signed up to make a facebook page for my band - had to make one for myself because apparently you can't just make a band page without an account attached to it

so made a shell of an account, didn't add friends or anything so I could make one for my band - Got likes on the band page through liking friend's band pages and all that -

Made an event this week for a gig we got coming up, thought I would be able to invite the people who had liked the band page - Nup - Can only invite my friends (which I have zero) - So now I'm thinking what's the bloody point in this?

Had to tell the other bands who are playing to invite people to it...

IMG_1716.PNG
so I signed up to make a facebook page for my band - had to make one for myself because apparently you can't just make a band page without an account attached to it

so made a shell of an account, didn't add friends or anything so I could make one for my band - Got likes on the band page through liking friend's band pages and all that -

Made an event this week for a gig we got coming up, thought I would be able to invite the people who had liked the band page - Nup - Can only invite my friends (which I have zero) - So now I'm thinking what's the bloody point in this?

Had to tell the other bands who are playing to invite people to it...

Pay to boost your fb post on your band page and set it to 'people who like this page and their friends'.

Pay $20 worth for a day and you'll get your post seen by 99% of those people and off you go.
Cheap advertising.

... i'd sooner insert a sharp needle into the orifice of my penis before I'd give facebook any money....

but thank you that explains why they've set it up like that...

Mate it's just advertising.

Like it or not it's the best and cheapest way to promote your band page online.

But anyway, the people who have already liked your page will see your new post announcing a gig so just create a new post...which is free :)

Last edited:
I had 2 people on my facebook friends list. 1 a "cool kid" and the 2nd a "nerd". They basically posted the same thing and the coll kid got 400 likes and 250 comments from all the hangers on who want to be part of that crew.

The nerd got 2 likes and a few comments.

^ This.

Bemuses me when an attractive, albeit attention seeking female on my feed posts a photo of themselves (let's say a lunchtime selfie of something mundane, a slice of bread) and bam, 200 likes, of which an 85-90% are male. Always subtly think to myself "there's 170 guys saying to her, I want to f**k you and liking all your posts is the best idea I've had so far to make that happen."

A school had some big problems eg bulling..etc.
So they decided to have a full investigation, then they invited all the parents to come along.
One topic was facebook.One proud dad goes i know what my boy is doing i check his FB hes a good boy.
Investigator goes what your sons name John smith.
Ok looky what we have here on john smith ,he has 2 FB profiles here's what you see....and heres the other side of john smith.

I guess the problems at that school were bigger then FB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just deactivated my account, it's such a waste of time.
I have more meaningful discussions on forums like this one.
Like others have mentioned it's just a massive digital popularity contest.

FB I find is good for keeping in contact with people who live abroad, either people you know who have gone travelling or friends who just happen to live in another country as you can keep upto date with them. I find it pointless with people who live local to you, it's easier to pick up the phone and talk or text however some people wilike tag you on FB, I'm like ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back