Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got a guy on Facebook who comes from a very wealthy family, works part time in his family business. Always travelling the world off his parents money and uploads a photo of himself in an article about young entrepreneurs. No. You're not a young entrepreneur. You study marketing at Uni and come from a rich family, yet somehow you've duped someone into doing an article about you. Wouldn't be surprised if he paid them off. Worst part is he got about 300 likes and everyone was saying "OMG well done!" "SO HAPPY FOR YOU" .... :drunk:

I think he's just having everyone on and actually washes dishes in a pub bistro.

Facebook can be an interesting window into people's disposition - and changes to it.

There is one bloke still on mine, I probably haven't seen this guy in close to a decade now, but I went to uni with him and back then he was a decent enough person, the sort you could have a beer with and chew the fat with.

For ages after I'd last seen him his Facebook still seemed, well, 'normal'.

Now he'd almost never go more than three days without a status that is either

• hating on children
  • hating on women
  • just plain weird, like he's tripping balls on something
  • giving off nihlist, Fight Club-like vibes
Something has obviously gone wrong at some point in this guy's world in the last few years and while I probably should just delete him as it's not like I know the guy anymore for any practical intents or purposes, there's a slight 'car crash you can't look away from' element to it, too.

SportsCentre

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Every 20 something mother without a job these days is a 'mummy blogger' who posts 'fitspirational' quotes and pictures as their 'other job' apart from being a 'full-time mummy'.

You mean the "you too can go for a run and keep in shape. If I can do it after looking after my child all day, anyone can." preachy types, who haven't slugged their guts out with campaigners for 8 hours a day. Yeh, they s**t me.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I am not sure why people don't delete people more often.
I started doing this when I got back on. I have no more than 60 friends.

ATM people posting political bullshit articles on FB about Pauline Hanson, stating s**t like, 77% of people agree with Pauline is shitting me off, over and over. I'm clicking the button not to see in future, because the person doesn't warrant being deleted.

Things shitting me atm

Farming for likes. Those ones that say, click 5 to see the magic, and the dumb arses who fall for it.

People who post cooking videos, or other diy videos of amazing things, but then never ever ever take them on.

People who post motivational quotes, and other statement type memes about who they are or what they want to be, that totally contradict who they actually are on a day to day basis. For example, I hate gossipers, and they are the biggest gossipers in town.

SportsCentre

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Had a facebook friend post at 10pm tonight "Any medical centres open now?".
Not doubting there was a need for a trip to the doctors and even less doubting that the status was begging for the "what's wrong" attention brigade.
Why do people have to post this sort of stuff when there is Google with the entire internet to search and failing all that, a phone book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Facebook can be an interesting window into people's disposition - and changes to it.

There is one bloke still on mine, I probably haven't seen this guy in close to a decade now, but I went to uni with him and back then he was a decent enough person, the sort you could have a beer with and chew the fat with.

• hating on children
  • hating on women
Something has obviously gone wrong at some point in this guy's world in the last few years and while I probably should just delete him as it's not like I know the guy anymore for any practical intents or purposes, there's a slight 'car crash you can't look away from' element to it, too.
I had an old friend the same. He posts his pretty shitty digital art daily, but recently he was posting more and more diatribe against muslims, or women. Completely disgusting s**t that the filters wouldnt allow me to post here. Absolute hateposts. I just unfollowed his posts and I dont feel the rage I felt whenever he lashed out with hateful rubbish.

He didnt even have a single photo of himself on his entire profile. Just full of criticism for other people, or his bizarre monster art. * right off out of my life you 200% negative prick.

Not doubting there was a need for a trip to the doctors and even less doubting that the status was begging for the "what's wrong" attention brigade.
Why do people have to post this sort of stuff when there is Google with the entire internet to search and failing all that, a phone book.
Yeah, that stuff is very blatant attention seeking considering how easy it is to find that information yourself these days.

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide

Very common of attention-seekers. I like the ones that check in to the hospital and say nothing.

Very common of attention-seekers. I like the ones that check in to the hospital and say nothing.
"omggg hun are you okay?"
"Hope you're okay babe xxxxooo"

• hating on children
  • hating on women
I have a car crash friend on mine still. She is an absolute self centred bogan (she got added because she married into my extended family). She's a middle aged mother of 2 (from 2 different dads), yet always carries on about her "haters" and that sort of cringeworthy stuff. She should 100% be goneski but I can't help but feel I'd be missing out on the lols if I deleted/unfollowed her.

Sometimes they don't no. Or they'll repsond and say something like "don't want to talk about it on here, PM me"

So why mention it in the first place, **** face?
Indeed, there's a guy on my feed who goes the whole hog with depression "awareness", and does the whole forever alone thing despite being in a long term relationship.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Probably pussywhipped to the point he has alienated most of his mates.

crownie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Every 20 something mother without a job these days is a 'mummy blogger' who posts 'fitspirational' quotes and pictures as their 'other job' apart from being a 'full-time mummy'.

Have 5 or 6 people promoting their Roland + Fields business and trying to get people to sign up daily.

Its a bit annoying but has huge potential to end in tears for some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back