Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Naming children after states is a thing in the US, just look at Dakota, Georgia and Carolina.

Or perhaps names of states were originally names of people?

Washington?

But Alaska has been quite common in the US as a name these days(even though it's derived from a russian word for mainland). John Green even wrote a book where the girl's name was Alaska (titled looking for Alaska)

d59fda1f9aed6a736f577730c726c588

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Facebook about posting photos of your kids and telling the world how proud you are of them?

If so, I think I'll delete it after a week of having an account.
And food.

And post-gym sessions.

And whatever political thing you got going on.

But that's pretty much what it's for. Self-advertisments.

Is Facebook about posting photos of your kids and telling the world how proud you are of them?

If so, I think I'll delete it after a week of having an account.
To a certain extent, you see what you deserve to see on Facebook (you choose yourself who to be friends with, what to follow etc)

But there is a fair bit of unavoidable shite to wade through as well. It really comes down to how willing you are to bypass the crap to see what you are actually interested in.

I get nothing but memes lately.
Wish it were easier to filter out crap. I know it's supposed to do that itself in a way, but it's not great.

I really don't care that someone on my friends list liked an article from the Daily Mail about am uninteresting development in an issue I don't care about, or that kids shoes are now 30% in a store interstate. Plus the same old spam jokes and memes. If it weren't for special interest groups and family putting stuff on there I'd just uninstall.

Have defriended about ten people in the last couple of weeks. Feels good to get rid of dead wood.

I'm keeping a few females on that I haven't seen in a while as they are providing some great entertainment in their public abuse of other girls cracking onto their ex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back