Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the posts of "deleted it and never felt better" vibe really interesting and I wonder what people were using FB for or the kinds of people that you know. I use FB every day. Less about posting a status or what have you but find some reasonably funny content, updates on people's lives that i haven't seen for a while or live overseas. I'm fairly introverted so seeing a picture of a friend being happy at some restaurant or what have you is enough for me to see that they are doing well without having the stress of initiating a conversation.

A quick scroll through my feed and the first 5 posts are: meme, pregnancy update, meme, job celebration and one of those if your birthday is X month Y thing will happen to you in 2020 things. All of which is harmless and nothing to make me want to scream and delete my account.

That's all without the chat feature when I can talk to people half way across the world to.

Just find the negativity quite interesting. I've also been a user since 2009ish so I've seen some terrible updates to the platform in my time

I find the posts of "deleted it and never felt better" vibe really interesting and I wonder what people were using FB for or the kinds of people that you know. I use FB every day. Less about posting a status or what have you but find some reasonably funny content, updates on people's lives that i haven't seen for a while or live overseas. I'm fairly introverted so seeing a picture of a friend being happy at some restaurant or what have you is enough for me to see that they are doing well without having the stress of initiating a conversation.

A quick scroll through my feed and the first 5 posts are: meme, pregnancy update, meme, job celebration and one of those if your birthday is X month Y thing will happen to you in 2020 things. All of which is harmless and nothing to make me want to scream and delete my account.

That's all without the chat feature when I can talk to people half way across the world to.

Just find the negativity quite interesting. I've also been a user since 2009ish so I've seen some terrible updates to the platform in my time
I actually like hearing what people have been up to without already knowing. Makes catching up more genuine in my experience.

People blow out when they're like "anyone heard from Craigos, last I heard he was hiking in Tanzania" and then you catch up and it's a cool thing.

I find the posts of "deleted it and never felt better" vibe really interesting and I wonder what people were using FB for or the kinds of people that you know.

Don't know really. I'm not one to say I've never felt better but (I just don't care one way or another) but probably a reflection of my personality in general. Tend to be introverted and didn't really have the energy to post random s**t plus my sense of humour and communication probably doesn't come across well. Plus I'm lazy now a days and can't be ****ed putting a profile up.

its absolute trash these days. i only use it to keep updated with some friends who are scattered across the country/world.

most people on my feed are just putting up complete ******* junk. its infuriating. if its not s**t "tag your mate" memes about ******* star signs or something its advertising. i actually feel stupider nearly every time i look on there. plus now you cant even watch a video without a ******* ad playing IN THE MIDDLE of the ******* video. when did this s**t become OK?

* facebook. * zuckerberg. * everything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I barely even open it now. Maybe a couple of times a week just to make sure none of my acquaintances have died. Certainly don't spend more than 2 minutes at a time on there.

It's just a trash pile of s**t these days.

Anyone who has one of these names is going to get pregnant this weekend!! :fearscream::

-Christy
-Delores
-Shaniqua
-Susan
-Wendy

Tag your friends if you see their name :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

So hilarious. Thanks, person I did a group project with at uni 4 years ago, for putting this garbage on my feed.

Last edited:
Facebook is very useful for some things. Work, gym, WOE groups, decent updates from friends on holidays, getting married, getting a new job etc. The rest is just trash. I absolutely despise those posts that say something along the lines of, "I know only my true friends will share this". True friends wouldn't lay a guilt trap.

Facebook is very useful for some things. Work, gym, WOE groups, decent updates from friends on holidays, getting married, getting a new job etc. The rest is just trash. I absolutely despise those posts that say something along the lines of, "I know only my true friends will share this". True friends wouldn't lay a guilt trap.

Nearly always posted by emotionally thirsty females.

AntiqueIndolentFish-size_restricted.gif

It's a great time waster at work when you've got nothing to do.

And it's changed so much over the years. I find it as my main source for news now. Also a member of a few groups (some Bruce ones, video game ones, building ones) and I enjoy those. Chat feature is great as me and four other mates chat every day on there.

And as others have said, it's a great tool to see what people have going on in their lives. Some people post absolute s**t, others can post some interesting stuff.

Have a quick q, re: Facebook messenger.
I run my indoor cricket team via a fb messenger group, and there’s a few links I need to post on a regular basis like rego, YouTube, and stats. I feel that link like this take too much space, and we have people scrolling through the thread searching for a one off post.
Is the a “quick links” option on messenger that I set up to make it easier for future use?

thanks.

Have a quick q, re: Facebook messenger.
I run my indoor cricket team via a fb messenger group, and there’s a few links I need to post on a regular basis like rego, YouTube, and stats. I feel that link like this take too much space, and we have people scrolling through the thread searching for a one off post.
Is the a “quick links” option on messenger that I set up to make it easier for future use?

thanks.
You could maybe make a private group and sticky links at the top?

You could maybe make a private group and sticky links at the top?
Thanks, that would work really well. Sticky the important s**t and a main post + comments for game information.
Unfortunately, there is this one chutiya that only has messenger and no Facebook. Plus, Messenger is easier to access on the phone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back