Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that the point of Social Media? "Hey, look at me", "Look at this cool thing I did today", "Tell me I look pretty".

'The bushfires are hot but I'm hotter' Instagram 'influencers' - ugh.

Having said that, I've seen someone auctioning a heap of their artwork via social media, with all money raised going towards wildlife rescue for wildlife injured by the fires. Then there's the $30 million, or something that's been raised for the NSW RFS via Facebook.

The worst and best of social media is on show in these times.

'i just donated to the fire appeal, you should too' (or 'I just donated, aren't I the best, give me the likes a so dearly crave!!!')

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
A mate of mine posted a fundraiser for suicide protection a few months ago, and due to my own personal issues with the topic donated. But then I deleted the post that Facebook generated of me donating, because of two reasons: I don't want people knowing that I've suffered from depression, and that I donated 10% of the target sum.

Isn't Facebook always a cesspit of casual racism?

Anything with at least a double figure comments section you know is going to be a complete train wreck.

Plus there's always that third auntie twice removed or kid you haven't spoken to since high school that does the 'like and share' posts about burqa banning and whatnot.

I agree. Pics of Asian girlfriend for reference?
ladyboys.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not racist to the ones that have an aussie accent from what i can tell
haha that ol chestnut.

saw a lot of it at school. "oh you're all right, its those ones im talking about".

I think the judge on appearance thing is very common, not unexpected. especially about driving, because asians have a certain look, its assumed by people that they are not australian.

haha that ol chestnut.

saw a lot of it at school. "oh you're all right, its those ones im talking about".

I think the judge on appearance thing is very common, not unexpected. especially about driving, because asians have a certain look, its assumed by people that they are not australian.
I remember an eat australian lamb tv ad in the 90s and the family of four were sitting down for dinner with the daughters friend joining them. She was Asian. The dad Said ‘so where are you from?’ And the asian said ‘ballarat’ in a great ocker aussie accent.

I remember an eat australian lamb tv ad in the 90s and the family of four were sitting down for dinner with the daughters friend joining them. She was Asian. The dad Said ‘so where are you from?’ And the asian said ‘ballarat’ in a great ocker aussie accent.

Then the dad said "no where are you from?" (in a slower pace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back