Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a Facebook friend who got married last weekend and went on her honeymoon to North Queensland. She posts dozens of photos of their honeymoon every day and referring to "my husband " and "my soul mate" and saying how much she loves him. Call me old-fashioned but I thought that the honeymoon was meant to be a rather private time. It's pretty cringey IMO.

I have a Facebook friend who got married last weekend and went on their honeymoon to North Queensland. She posts dozens of photos of their honeymoon every day and referring to "my husband " and "my soul mate" and saying how much she loves him. Call me old-fashioned but I thought that the honeymoon was meant to be a rather private time. It's pretty cringey IMO.
Divorced within 18 months
They're compensating for something. Trying to 'prove' how happy they are publicly rather than actually being happy...

Posted from a cousin directed to her father in the view of all and sundry on the platform that can see it (unedited to show her English skills).

'You're not a man, your not a father, you don't deserve that title. Your a horrible person. And I want everyone to know. I want the world to know that you ****ed over your own kids."

Some A grade social awareness there.

I don't know the events that led to this meltdown but I may find out in due course. I do know she is not a smart individual.

The latest info/goss I got from my mother on the two is that he babysits her kids a lot on weekends while she goes clubbing (she is over 35 years old).

Last edited:

I don't judge younger people on my Facebook for having a public rant here and there, I use to do the same and at that age you do think your opinion matters and everyone wants to here.

But public ranting when you are over 30 does come across pretty lame.

Posted from a cousin directed to her father in the view of all and sundry on the platform that can see it (unedited to show her English skills).

'You're not a man, your not a father, you don't deserve that title. Your a horrible person. And I want everyone to know. I want the world to know that you f’ed over your own kids."

Some A grade social awareness there.

I don't know the events that led to this meltdown but I may find out in due course. I do know she is not a smart individual.

The latest info/goss I got from my mother on the two is that he babysits her kids a lot on weekends while she goes clubbing (she is over 35 years old).

It's funny how she spelled you're correctly the first time then incorrectly the next two times.

It's funny how she spelled you're correctly the first time then incorrectly the next two times.
Always baffles me when people are inconsistent like this - why would it be "you're" in you're not a man, but "your" in you're not a father? The lack of consistency bothers me more than not understanding which one is correct (which also bothers me a lot).

Always baffles me when people are inconsistent like this - why would it be "you're" in you're not a man, but "your" in you're not a father? The lack of consistency bothers me more than not understanding which one is correct (which also bothers me a lot).
Their not thinking that clearly when there going on these rants.

Same with Twitter.
Were you one of the 10% or a straggler?;)

d8BZGRQ.jpg

I have a Facebook friend who got married last weekend and went on her honeymoon to North Queensland. She posts dozens of photos of their honeymoon every day and referring to "my husband " and "my soul mate" and saying how much she loves him. Call me old-fashioned but I thought that the honeymoon was meant to be a rather private time. It's pretty cringey IMO.

Just over 6 months later and the divorce is on. He's slept with someone else apparently. She's put photos of the mistress on her Facebook page saying, "This is what he fk'd everything for"

Just over 6 months later and the divorce is on. He's slept with someone else apparently. She's put photos of the mistress on her Facebook page saying, "This is what he fk'd everything for"
Why plaster that all over the internet? People really should just delete social media, stop living through that and start living there lives instead.

If that's what she resorts to, I can see why he went off somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the deal with photo shoots? AFAIC you get professional photos when you get married and that's it. And you get one bite at posting them. It's July, I don't want to still be seeing wedding photos from February. The amount of couple shoots, baby shoots, family shoots I see now compared to 5, 10 years ago is ridiculous.

What is the deal with photo shoots? AFAIC you get professional photos when you get married and that's it. And you get one bite at posting them. It's July, I don't want to still be seeing wedding photos from February. The amount of couple shoots, baby shoots, family shoots I see now compared to 5, 10 years ago is ridiculous.
low-budget-glamour-shots7.jpg

Nah, they are done for a whole range of occasions. Saw a ton of people getting them a few weeks ago for grad. I don't think that's too popular in Australia though. Most photographers can't just rely on weddings. Also, I guess camera prices and software allows many people to pick it up as a hobby or side hustle.

Come to think of it, we've done a few. We did the baby thing and we had a family shoot a couple of years ago just because we wanted some professional shots of the kids. Wife had one done earlier in the year too just for building her art business.

Nah, they are done for a whole range of occasions. Saw a ton of people getting them a few weeks ago for grad. I don't think that's too popular in Australia though. Most photographers can't just rely on weddings. Also, I guess camera prices and software allows many people to pick it up as a hobby or side hustle.

Come to think of it, we've done a few. We did the baby thing and we had a family shoot a couple of years ago just because we wanted some professional shots of the kids. Wife had one done earlier in the year too just for building her art business.
canadian-suit-1024x765.jpg

This it? I actually don't know who's who in this picture.

Pretty cringey IMO. When did every baby photo turn into an Anne Geddes shoot? People need everything staged, you can't just have a candid photo some place some day that turns out well - even with every person carrying a camera on their phone at all times.

But that's how people roll these days. Kid parties are another world to what I remember from my childhood. If I asked for a bouncy castle and a petting zoo and a designer cake the answer would've been a swift no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back