AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC
7769770-3x2-700x467.jpg

When: Sunday, August 06 2017 @4:10
Weather: 12 degrees with 90% rain
Odds: Adelaide ($1.54) and Port ($2.50)

After a 50 point deficit against Collingwood, we managed to claw back a draw with a McLovin goal after the siren. Whilst the enemies down the road managed to score two late goals to beat The Aints in awful conditions.

Last 5 matchups:
R3: Adelaide 15.10.100 v Port 12.11.83
R22 , 2016: Adelaide 15.19.109 v Port 14.10.94
R2 , 2016: Adelaide 22.12.144 v Port 11.20.86
R16,2015: Adelaide 18.8.116 v Port 17.11.113
R5, 2015 : Port 18.7.115 v Adelaide 13.13.91

Key Matchups:

Daniel Talia v Charlie Dixon: Talia will be smashing Dixon again lets be honest here. He's kept Dixon to 1.0 and 0.1 since joining from the Suns

e703a973bb5b5924ebbe8b596a71d252.jpg

Sam Jacobs v Patrick Ryder:

Ryder has been in his best form of his career, his elite tap work to the midfielders of Ollie Wines , SPP and Travis Boak is scary. His game against St Kilda shows that he could be a scary prospect for us if Sauce doesn't contain him. Sam Jacobs' contested marking and covering the ground should cause a few headaches for the Power.

Eddie Betts v ????
Port Adelaide has always had difficulites stopping Eddie in the past, Eddie has a habit of scoring beautiful goals :hearteyes: and managed to kick a bag. Let's hope Jarman Impey goes on him :laughing::laughing:

Luke Brown v Robbie Gray
Luke Brown is an underrated defender that has the ability to nullify small forward's impact in key games. Brown will have a big test on Sunday against Robbie Gray, a goal sneak that doesn't need a huge amount of disposals to have a big impact on the game. If we let Robbie Gray have freedom it's going to be a long day.

The key players we need to stop from the Power is Robbie Gray , Patrick Ryder and Ollie Wines. Gray has been elite for them in the forwardline, Ollie Wines has been a bull in the midfield and Ryder is in All Australian contention in the ruck.

The key players Port Adelaide need to stop are Rory Sloane and Eddie Betts . Rory Sloane is our most important midfielder and when he's tagged out we have no influence and Eddie Betts has been brilliant in the showdowns since he's crossed over from Carlton.

Here's a song to get pumped up too;

Adelaide by 18 - We will destroy a chance for the Power to make top 4, whilst cementing a spot in top 2. Eddie to be his usual self and kick a ton against some reject and we take the lead in the showdown tally.

380880_1f7666abc1993f657c9f0a8a56ec1b50.GIF

I reckon in the wet it'll be whoever is more accurate on goal, I think both teams will have plenty of chances the team that makes the most of those chances will get up.

JJ to meet up with his old friend Joe the Goose for 4 majors!

I'm in town for the weekend for the first time in the football season for a few years and have been given a ticket to this one from a family member. Woohoo. What a game to get to see after being away for years and only being able to catch the Crows on TV.

I hope the team that played Geelong comes this week and not that pretend mob that only showed up after half time last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first Showdown this year was one of the games of the year. Real tough contest between two teams destined for the upper echelon of the ladder.

This will be no different.

If Adelaide breaks even or better around the contest we should win. I prefer our system defending & going forward.

Port have some strong contest winning mids, and if they smash us like Collingwood's mids did last week, then we won't get out of jail again.

I can't believe Tredrea said in the Ragvertiser that this has the potential to be the biggest Showdown ever.

GAGF! I haven't been this confident going into a Showdown for years. The margin will not be big, but we WILL win. Port couldn't beat us earlier in the year; we have gotten better and they have gotten worse.
That's the tag before every showdown

for some reason, i love the way how ken hinkley goes about his business. very refreshing, honest and can have a good laugh too.

I'm surprised if Monfries plays, there's a chance he plays a good game and kicks 4 goals but I think there's a greater chance he finds out that the game has passed him
by. It could well be his "Thommo" game.

I'm surprised if Monfries plays, there's a chance he plays a good game and kicks 4 goals but I think there's a greater chance he finds out that the game has passed him
by. It could well be his "Thommo" game.
Good point. Maybe its a reminder from Ken of what he can do and if he can do again. If not............

I can't believe Tredrea said in the Ragvertiser that this has the potential to be the biggest Showdown ever.

GAGF! I haven't been this confident going into a Showdown for years. The margin will not be big, but we WILL win. Port couldn't beat us earlier in the year; we have gotten better and they have gotten worse.
Every showdown seems to be labelled the "biggest showdown ever" these days. Well the biggest showdown ever was the 2005 Semi Final, full stop.

After travelling to Hobart for the Kanga Krash and rocking up to Adelaide Oval for the bitch slapping from Melbourne and Hawthorn, I can never feel confident of a win this season. How can we be so fierce against the Cats and then sleep walk through the first half against Collingwood?

On the other hand, it looked like Poort Pear were practicing turnovers against the Saints last week.

The key will be breaking even in the clearances. Ryder is playing well and they have a deep and talented midfield. Provided our midfield breaks even, I believe our better ball use will be the key factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back