Facepalm of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Seen this at a NBA forum I use. Pretty much the worst media comments of the season. I present a nomination from Kane Cornes who delivered this pearler yesterday

“Poor old Alan Richardson’s going to rock up on Monday, he’s going to start his review and wonder whether he’s got a job and he’s going to turn on the news and see Jack Steven dressed as Bert from Sesame Street, give me a spell.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont think Alan Richardson will be doing too much wondering about his job at St Kilda. Surely a AFL.com.au journalist needs to know who coaches which team

Cornes knows who coaches who. I'd say he meant that Richo might think "What the hell? I was busting my arse trying to win games and save my job and get these guys to fire up, but it looks like Jack and other players spent the last 2 months thinking about their Mad Monday costumes"

Cornes hates the Mad Monday dress-ups, especially for clubs who have had a crap season

Last edited:
Even though the whole thing was complete BS in some ways - the whole Fantasia and how his name is pronounced and BT declaring that he is going to pronounce names the Australian way irrespective of the players wishes or pronunciation wins it for me. Way ahead of himself and completely disrespectful all at once.

Not sure how much more legs Roaming BT has. He is just embarrassing himself most of the time and it is pretty unwatchable. It may have been funny as a one off, or even an occasional thing but it is WAY too much of an ordinary thing. I have only seen bits and pieces while waiting for coaches press conferences......otherwise turn off, or watch the grass grow at night etc.

Another one would be Judd saying the next Carlton coach wouldn’t have training wheels.

Then turned around and said he needed better media training and knowing when to be quiet as a board member.

And then Carlton went and did exactly what he said they wouldn’t.

:drunk:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back