FACT: Nathan Buckley was cursed forever by The Footy Gods after dogging his contract with us

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing Buckley is good at is putting Eddie Electric Blanket on 3 at night.
His biggest mistake has been involved at Collingwood or could have stayed in Brisbane where he would have been a premiership player or come to us where he also had been a premiership player.
So I have no sympathy for Egomaniacs just like that piece of 💩 who’s side lost on Friday night

They don't call him FIGJAM for nothing.
Left Brisbane coz they had no chance of success.
What's that Sam.
'You Idiot'

Don't say goodbye he's just leaving early.

(Bit like you blokes this finals series. I was saving that for you in the sympathy thread.)

Two in 61 lol

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
"Australia's Biggest Sporting Club"

To recap Nothin' Buckley's foregone flags:

North: 1996 & 1999
Bears: 2001, 2002 & 2003
Pies: 2001, 2002, 2011 (the Malthouse Agreement effect) & 2018 (should've iced the game when they hit the lead with a couple of minutes to go).

Based on the very solid maths above, that's at least nine flags left on the table. Probably more, as the North team of the 90s would've three-, four- or five-peated with a player of Buck's undoubted ability.

FACT : I would still rather Buckley and what Collingwood FC have delivered in the last two years, compared to what the NMFC have done in the last 20 years..

One thing I've learnt over the journey, is that if you post on BF you have a passion for footy and clearly a passion for the team you support. BUT also it's ok to think somethings, but they're better left as a thought bubble than typed into an internet forum for all eternity. It took me about ten years to work that out.lol

Just on your point, the AFL has given the Pies all the assistance it can, whether that be by allowing payments for wives/ girlfriends, better fixtures, more exposure and say less travel which all adds up to an attractive proposition than other less fortunate sides.

we have had the bigger battle than the premiership on our hands for years and are coming out of that 'place' a better club. I think with all they've been given they haven't delivered as well as they should have.

I'm proud of our punch above our weight status. My life mirrors in so many ways the NMFC, I couldn't imagine supporting any other side.

FACT : I would still rather Buckley and what Collingwood FC have delivered in the last two years, compared to what the NMFC have done in the last 20 years..
There is a fairly simple solution if you want it.

In the nineties, we won 2 premierships, 3 grannies and about 7 prelims, and the financial situation of the club back in the nineties was much worse than what it is today.

The 90's was a very different scenario in comparison to what came afterwards. You may as well be referring to a different planet.

The 90's was a very different scenario in comparison to what came afterwards. You may as well be referring to a different planet.
As bad as our facilities were in the 90's, they weren't a helluva lot worse than other teams. The conditions at Vic Park were barely any improvement on Arden St.

The Crows were the game changer, but they got derided as being soft. That was until they went back to back, then the richer clubs followed suit. That's when we got left behind.

As TOA mentioned though, we had bigger battles to fight than to worry about the brand of weights we were using.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As bad as our facilities were in the 90's, they weren't a helluva lot worse than other teams. The conditions at Vic Park were barely any improvement on Arden St.

The Crows were the game changer, but they got derided as being soft. That was until they went back to back, then the richer clubs followed suit. That's when we got left behind.

As TOA mentioned though, we had bigger battles to fight than to worry about the brand of weights we were using.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just stating the fact that comparing 1995 with 2010-2019...........is.............ridiculous.

Fair call. The umpiring bias they received was literally priceless.

Actually, they're arguably the richest asset club in the comp after P.Gordon acquired all the land around the club.

Absolutely. We only need to look at the North Fitzroy attempted merger as the classic example of what the attitude was in the 1990's. Both clubs on their knees off-field in 1996, along with Brisbane, yet Brisbane was saved and Fitzroy abandoned. North survived only because it had the best team in the competition in 1996. Today the GC have, are and will forever be propped up, because firstly the AFL won't admit failure and secondly, such is the huge amount flowing to the game through the TV rights, there is no reason for any club to be abandoned like Fitzroy was.

Absolutely. We only need to look at the North Fitzroy attempted merger as the classic example of what the attitude was in the 1990's. Both clubs on their knees off-field in 1996, along with Brisbane, yet Brisbane was saved and Fitzroy abandoned. North survived only because it had the best team in the competition in 1996. Today the GC have, are and will forever be propped up, because firstly the AFL won't admit failure and secondly, such is the huge amount flowing to the game through the TV rights, there is no reason for any club to be abandoned like Fitzroy was.

I think Fitzroy supporters should support the Brisbane Lions now. That is their club now and they need to embrace it.

I think Fitzroy supporters should support the Brisbane Lions now. That is their club now and they need to embrace it.
3aa19af7d4aadfcf8f200b359667e921.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back