FACT: Nathan Buckley was cursed forever by The Footy Gods after dogging his contract with us

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ever heard Denis tell the Nafan recruiting story ?

Someone will correct me.

Denis went to meet him in a hotel with I think Greg Miller and a player ? Wayne ? Nafan just apparently lolled about on the hotel bed munching an apple was " meh " not coming to you guys.
Denis not impressed and may have been the driving source of the onfield trolling of Nafan during his playing days v us.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Glen Freeborn, Stuart Anderson, Shannon Motlop & Shane Clayton are premiership players.

Nathan Buckley is not 😂

Were they spud players? I saw a bit of Clayton and Motlop not much the other two. I remember Clayton for his hair and not having much if an impact on games tbf. 5-10 poss AVG?

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Were they spud players? I saw a bit of Clayton and Motlop not much the other two. I remember Clayton for his hair and not having much if an impact on games tbf. 5-10 poss AVG?

Anderson burst onto the scene but was a bit slow. Had his moments. Good kick. Ended at Freo.

Freebie of course kicked 3 goals in the 2nd q of the '96 g.f. to help us get back into the game. Ended up at the Pies.

Motlop only maybe playing his 8th game '99 g.f. Never really went on with it. Had the skill.

And Clayton woudda been a B.F. whipping boy. Son of an umpire and played 99 games. Better not have any gun sons.

The curse of Pagan lives on!!!

Someone will correct me.

Denis went to meet him in a hotel with I think Greg Miller and a player ? Wayne ? Nafan just apparently lolled about on the hotel bed munching an apple was " meh " not coming to you guys.
Denis not impressed and may have been the driving source of the onfield trolling of Nafan during his playing days v us.

Never returned the $10,000 sign on fee we paid him before he chose Collingwood.
* him and his club.

No wonder after he was named FIGJAM that Duck and Kingy kept asking him 'who are you?' each time we played the Pies.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Someone will correct me.

“Lying on the bed like Marilyn Monroe, munching on an apple”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glen Freeborn, Stuart Anderson, Shannon Motlop & Shane Clayton are premiership players.

Nathan Buckley is not 😂
[Insert name of numerous Bulldogs spuds here] are also premiership players.
“Lying on the bed like Marilyn Monroe, munching on an apple”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And just like Marilyn, Bucks' continued tenure as coach suggests he knows how to please his president. :stern look:

I've stated in a number of threads previously that Nathan Buckley is the games biggest loser. He could have stayed at Brisbane and won at least 3 premiership (possibly as many as 4 or 5), he could have joined North Melbourne and won 2 premiership (possibly 4 or 5 if he came across), but chose to go to Collingwood and lost two Grand Finals. You can't help but laugh.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've stated in a number of threads previously that Nathan Buckley is the games biggest loser. He could have stayed at Brisbane and won at least 3 premiership (possibly as many as 4 or 5), he could have joined North Melbourne and won 2 premiership (possibly 4 or 5 if he came across), but chose to go to Collingwood and lost two Grand Finals. You can't help but laugh.
And just missed the mark when he retired but at that age there wasn't anything he could do.

Back