Fagan is the fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the s**t we have had to deal with over the last 20 years the thing that still amazes me most is the hiring of John Reids son. Out of all the 1000's of qualified people we could have hired we chose the son of the architect of a deal which cost us 2 years of drafts picks, our reputation and most likely a genuine crack at a premiership. It was definitely a case of "you take the fall for Tippett and we will pay you back in other ways*. It has to be.

This group of men are invisible. There's absolutely nothing we can do about this. It's hopeless.

I don’t buy this. Justin has a solid track record in player management - his CV stacks up.

Of all the s**t we have had to deal with over the last 20 years the thing that still amazes me most is the hiring of John Reids son. Out of all the 1000's of qualified people we could have hired we chose the son of the architect of a deal which cost us 2 years of drafts picks, our reputation and most likely a genuine crack at a premiership. It was definitely a case of "you take the fall for Tippett and we will pay you back in other ways*. It has to be.

This group of men are invisible. There's absolutely nothing we can do about this. It's hopeless.
Justin Reid was Roo's manager from his playing days. Nothing to do with his Dad and everything to do with Roo giving his mate a job like we've seen elsewhere.

I don’t buy this. Justin has a solid track record in player management - his CV stacks up.
Apart from how he tried to push SOS into a corner 2 years ago, I would say he has performed well... & I'll judge him on outcomes.

He isn't accountable for the actions of his Dad, as are any of us.

I'm far, far more concerned with our fitness & conditioning staff as their outcomes have been atrocious & cost us a good chance of a flag through incompetence.

Apart from how he tried to push SOS into a corner 2 years ago, I would say he has performed well... & I'll judge him on outcomes.

He isn't accountable for the actions of his Dad, as are any of us.

I'm far, far more concerned with our fitness & conditioning staff as their outcomes have been atrocious & cost us a good chance of a flag through incompetence.

Absolutely - I’m still pissed at how badly we screwed up the first shot at Gibbs. Our current problems lie elsewhere however.

Yeah collective minds happened.

Hardwick should never have been a premiership coach.

Could easily go back to back. Aĺl of a sudden he becomes one of a select few. At what was a rabble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did wonder........

I mean you cant fault Justin too much at this stage, but the clarity surrounding his appt was, well..... non-existent
There was a need to hire a List Manager because at the time Noble was doing it as part of his head of football portfolio, but it was again a case of Roo going to who he knows to find someone. It was questioned a bit at the time because Reid remained in Melbourne and had no prior experience at a football club. I'm sure his decade at ESP helped him in terms of negotiating and dealing with player managers, but whether he has the skills in identifying needs of the club is another thing.

There was a need to hire a List Manager because at the time Noble was doing it as part of his head of football portfolio, but it was again a case of Roo going to who he knows to find someone. It was questioned a bit at the time because Reid remained in Melbourne and had no prior experience at a football club. I'm sure his decade at ESP helped him in terms of negotiating and dealing with player managers, but whether he has the skills in identifying needs of the club is another thing.
Quite a few list managers were player managers beforehand, but he would have to be working with Hamish and Co to help identify needs.

Quite a few list managers were player managers beforehand, but he would have to be working with Hamish and Co to help identify needs.
In some ways but other ways I’m sure it’s hindered, I think player managers can afford to be vocal and bold, not sure that worked well in the Gibbs trade the first year.

To contact someone at the club? General rule is initial of their first name, then full last name @afc.com.au
Thanks mate. I was hoping they have a generic address. I haven't written to them since the Trigg days bit I'll have a crack. I'm sure it will have the impact of attacking a bear with a feather.

I just can' believe this s**t. I'm stuck with this club but I'm now having second thoughts about my 8 year old supporting them.

Thanks Jen, Cap etc you now have the club that your low expectations and lack of accountability deserve.

Nice to see you edited your post later.

The cost of flying a team vs the sponsorship dollars? Why are we even playing games in China?

Same argument for language barrier. Why do people sponsor the World Cup?

Its nonsensical. Your initial language comment was about players playing together. Youve now changed tack to something where there is no limit to the examples that prove you wrong.

Still waiting.

What technology is better than fiber optics?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back