Fagan is the fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel I have walked into a gaming convention & honestly this a topic I know buggar all about.

Will it make money?

Globally yes. So does baseball globally. So does nfl.

Will any of them be viable money makers in australia in the next 5 years? No

No if people have genuine knowledge i encourage them to post.

But jenny wasnt even posting about a conversation she had with her kid to give her an understanding of what he was doing.

Just her vague observation he was watching some sort game without even verifying it was esport
Who the * cares? It wasnt worth shutting her down was it? In response to her posting that her son and mates watch others play games on YouTube and it was a growing trend, you posted this to her:

"Can people please stop commenting like they know something just because their great grandchild does the pcs on the interwebs?"

She wasn't wrong was she? The bolded bit is merely an effort by you to belittle others and was totally unnecessary.

I feel I have walked into a gaming convention & honestly this a topic I know buggar all about.

Will it make money?
I'm a gamer, but even I know little about eSports as an industry. I just can't justify spending that much time playing a video game.

It can and will make money for clubs such as ours, it's why a large number of international sporting clubs are purchasing teams. Whether we will or not, who knows ??

I'm a gamer, but even I know little about eSports as an industry. I just can't justify spending that much time playing a video game.

It can and will make money for clubs such as ours, it's why a large number of international sporting clubs are purchasing teams. Whether we will or not, who knows ??
I gather we didn't pay much, so nothing much lost for potential winfall... as long as it doesn't distract us from AFL.

Any chance there is a role for Hass & Burton?

Who the **** cares? It wasnt worth shutting her down was it? In response to her posting that her son and mates watch others play games on YouTube and it was a growing trend, you posted this to her:

"Can people please stop commenting like they know something just because their great grandchild does the pcs on the interwebs?"

She wasn't wrong was she? The bolded bit is merely an effort by you to belittle others and was totally unnecessary.

She wasnt wrong but unless they were watching esports its conpletely irrelevant to the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She wasnt wrong but unless they were watching esports its conpletely irrelevant to the conversation.
Not really, it points to the ongoing increase in popularity of gaming, which obviously has a knock on effect to eSports, and also points to the increasing financial viability of broadcasting in this space. Own it mate, you were just trying to elevate yourself because you were in the top 1 million SC2 players once. Stiff s**t.

This discussion is a joke of course the AFC will use its profile or attraction it has with its enormous supporter base

No different to promoting AFLW or selling merchandise who knows it could open a chain of coffee franchises here in adelaide

Companies pay huge $$$ for client bases and the AFC have pulling power they simply will use it

Fagan has an entire business to run not just football this thread should actually be about Roo, Fagan will fall on his sword if he doesn’t get the board to realise Roo was a great footy player and used his profile to attract punters to his pubs (another example of profile working to an advantage) but is failing in his current position because he is pig headed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really, it points to the ongoing increase in popularity of gaming, which obviously has a knock on effect to eSports, and also points to the increasing financial viability of broadcasting in this space. Own it mate, you were just trying to elevate yourself because you were in the top 1 million SC2 players once. Stiff s**t.

There is a huge difference between entertainment streaming and esports. You cant just blend the two together.

Its like comparing wwe and professional wrestling. Atm we are investing in the equivilent of professional wrestling.

This discussion is a joke of course the AFC will use its profile or attraction it has with its enormous supporter base

No different to promoting AFLW or selling merchandise who knows it could open a chain of coffee franchises here in adelaide

Companies pay huge $$$ for client bases and the AFC have pulling power they simply will use it

Fagan has an entire business to run not just football this thread should actually be about Roo, Fagan will fall on his sword if he doesn’t get the board to realise Roo was a great footy player and used his profile to attract punters to his pubs (another example of profile working to an advantage) but is failing in his current position because he is pig headed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeap. Roo is the board member directl6 respons9ble for Football.Operations.

He hired his best mate Burton who then hired Haas.

That is where all our current on field issues lie.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is a huge difference between entertainment streaming and esports. You cant just blend the two together.

Its like comparing wwe and professional wrestling. Atm we are investing in the equivilent of professional wrestling.
You can blend the two, because one leads to the other. How do you think the AFL evolved?

You can blend the two, because one leads to the other. How do you think the AFL evolved?

But they dont. Its not one leading to the other its both evolving from a common root just like wwe and real wrestling.

If anything the two are drifting further apart.

I’m disengaged with the club for one simple reason - I know nothing will change. Ever.

Do any of you truly believe after our handling of the Tippett debacle that this club will ever truly hold its people accountable?

We threw a retiring John Reid to the wolves (knowing full well that his career was already done) before later on employing his son as a thank you for protecting us. That was it.

That was the level of punishment we felt appropriate for those responsible for a needless list management disaster that will likely cost us dearly from a premiership standpoint.

The club is the big fish in a two team pond, has a paid off and insulated media presence and its only dissenters are either incompetent (Rucci) or far enough outside the state to turn any actual heat on the club.

Not brave enough to face up to the AFL heavies and too giddy with excitement at the prospect of employing mates in roles they’re underqualified for, they continue plodding along with mediocrity being perfectly acceptable as long as it’s mediocrity delivered by a ‘club favourite’.

Throw into the mix a supporter base who screams in appreciation when the club pisses in their face and you’ve got the perfect storm.

This club can do no wrong and as a result
the AFC is quite literally a play thing for a group of boys playing corporate in an insignificant market.

The quicker some of you mentally check out the better for your sanity.
The unfortunate thing about your post (aside from it's accuracy) is that this was always going to happen. I think many of us who lived through the transition of football from State leagues to a National comp had stars in our eyes about how the thing would play out. The reality is, AFL is a corporate machine and it's participants are corporate entities. None of the non Victorian clubs represent the fabric of the game. When the biggest club in the state can see no benefit in providing member facilities, you have your answer as to where their priorities lie. And, as with any "self made" industry, it caters to it's own and feeds itself.

But they dont. Its not one leading to the other its both evolving from a common root just like wwe and real wrestling.

If anything the two are drifting further apart.
LOL "wwe and real wrestling" were never connected.

Tell me, why do you think LOL became an eSport? Could it have been because of the massive interest in MOBA's in general, and LOL in particular? EVERY game played professionally - LOL, CS:GO, SC etc - has risen out of massive popularity of that particular game.

We threw a retiring John Reid to the wolves (knowing full well that his career was already done) before later on employing his son as a thank you for protecting us. That was it.
Got to pull you up on this. John Reid made that deal without anyone else's input. Trigg was OS at the time, and Harper wasn't in the role. It's absolute BS that you make Reid out to be the poor innocent scapegoat.

Who ever brought in Burton, promoted him and ticked off his methods is who should be going with Burton.

Yes, but that is still attacking the symptom, not the cause.

People surely realize that every major decision the club makes starts and finishes at board level. The board sets the stategic plan - they set the agenda on everything from recruiting, drafting, hiring, bottoming out or not.... yes, even gameplan. (Go back and have a look at why Nathan Bassett didn’t get the gig at the end of 2014...)

I am all for scrutiny of staff and the CEO, and in Trigg’s case (and Burton), it was, and is, absolutely warranted.

But at this point in the club’s life cycle, you are barking up the wrong tree if you are going after Andrew Fagan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back