Fagan: "Watch the car please"

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t like that he is finally going to speak on the day that Rory and Belinda advise of their heartbreaking news.

Or is that just me?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not just you, it is beyond contemptable for him to be using that as a screen to hide behind before finally fronting the press.

Should have done it the day before.

Don Muraco

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Klopp Glenelg Liverpool Patriots
View attachment 551712

Come on, I'm trying to clear my mechanism here!
He reminds me of someone...

gettyimages-515035696_sq-2360fde6d7a44d93c362691ace00152a4b5ce602-s800-c85.jpg

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can we please note use the Sloanes' recent tragedy to excuse Fagan's arrogance and contempt for supporters. It's kind of distasteful.
It has been a hell of a week regarding SA news. Fagan is allowed to be in grief mode, and behave irritatably towards the journos. I would bet he already made some sort of comments prior to what we saw of the news footage. I can imagine he said something like “no further comments on McGovern until we evaluate all available options.” Journos being journos, likely had kept on pestering him to get a reaction to stick it on the news!

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did I miss something with the car comment?

He was just saying to the reporters and camera men to watch the car that was driving towards them with their backs to it. What was the problem there?
What I got from that is that he wasn't worried about the reporters or camera men getting hit, though, he was more concerned they might damage the car. His behaviour in this clip does come across as arrogant. It looks like he can't believe they have the cheek to be there, let alone question him.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I got from that is that he wasn't worried about the reporters or camera men getting hit, though, he was more concerned they might damage the car. His behaviour in this clip does come across as arrogant. It looks like he can't believe they have the cheek to be there, let alone question him.
Nup - he was amazed that they were backing into the car that was coming towards them imo.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Look Fagan could've handled that better, but did that journo not read the recent news and club statements herself? "Will Mitch be staying here next here?" WTF?

What's was going to be her next question? "Are the Crows playing finals this year? Did the team win against Carlton?"

It was on the day of the exit interviews and she asked whether McGovern had already had an exit interview and whether he was leaving, all perfectly fine questions.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well it wasn't approaching at 100 miles an hour! What do you think he was saying it for? Like a "Don't touch my car" vibe?
I don't know, it's not important.

The thing is he shirked the media. He was going to ignore them completely, but I think he knew how childish it looked. Then he mentions the car. It was a diversion, it allowed him to speak without answering any questions.

Wasn't a great look.

Did I miss something with the car comment?

He was just saying to the reporters and camera men to watch the car that was driving towards them with their backs to it. What was the problem there?
It didn't hit them.

Back