Coach Fages and the coaching group

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We've missed Brad Scott . Whether he was interested who knows. But risking the rest of them to muddle through without Fagan or someone else with the capacity heading things up is a big risk.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We've missed Brad Scott . Whether he was interested who knows. But risking the rest of them to muddle through without Fagan or someone else with the capacity heading things up is a big risk.
I'm sure they will have a Plan B in place - just doesn't make sense at this stage to be messaging any abandonment of Fages...far too premature. Andrew Wellington and the Board are made up of some very capable and astute operators. Stay calm - early days!

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm sure they will have a Plan B in place - just doesn't make sense at this stage to be messaging any abandonment of Fages...far too premature. Andrew Wellington and the Board are made up of some very capable and astute operators. Stay calm - early days!
Well I'm always calm.

I'm sure they have a Plan B . Because it's long odds on they'll need it.

Whether it's a good one or not is what interests me.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dont know who the departing Dirk Spitz (strength and conditioning coach) but Hugh gave him very high praise from since he's been here. Didnt we lose another highly guy last year to one of the big Vic clubs?

Nov 18, 2003
Mars
Stupid yet kind of not suggestion ……If all hell breaks loose what about bringing in the greatest of all time Leigh Matthews for a stop gap management option. He would have the players respect and understands the delegation of responsibilities.

Funny that Leigh is 2 years younger than Wayne Bennett who is just about to start a new coaching stint. In hindsight, Leigh probably could have done another ten years of coaching somewhere if he'd wanted to.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

Fagan keeping away during Trade Period​

Brisbane's general manager of football Danny Daly says there is no rule barring Chris Fagan from contributing to trade period discussions, but the Lions coach has been keeping his distance.

Fagan has stood down pending the AFL's investigation into Hawthorn's treatment of First Nations players during Fagan's time at the Hawks.

"It's only early doors, but as a footy club, we've spoken about a few 'what ifs' and 'what happens', but as far as we're concerned, once we know where the investigation lands, and how long it might take, we'll keep working through what we need to do," Daly said.

"Everyone's gone on holidays in terms of our players and staff, they'll be away for six weeks, so we've got a bit of time to decide what we need to do if the players come back when Fages isn't back.

"He'll concentrate on what he needs to concentrate on in terms of the investigation. There's a bit of work to get through there, as you can imagine. I haven't spoken to him at all about the players coming into the organisation, the Dunkleys and the Gunstons et cetera, he hasn't spoken to them either, and we'll continue to work through what we need to work through."

- Sarah Black

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
HUN reporting Swann is the number 1 target to be the new bombers CEO.

I wonder if this is why Nobes has accidentally said “we” a few times this week when talking about the Lions. ;)

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Greg Swann has been fantastic for us...right person at the right time and I can fully understand Essendon chasing him. I reckon anyone heading to that dumpster of a place would want to be very very cautious. I assume Swann is on a contract with us and it wouldn't be necessarily that easy for him to leave quickly anyway. Nobes would be an obvious replacement.

Back