The Law Failed insurrection in Western Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
While WA has a long history of separatist politics, it’s fair to say this group took the cake with this morning’s half-arsed attempt to overthrow the state government by occupying a rural courthouse. The Facebook page belonging to this group appears to have been removed but the copied manifesto below is full of typical ‘sovereign citizen’ rubbish.

No photo description available.

Skin colour checks out. Otherwise would've been national news instead of something I read on BigFooty the next day.

Last edited:
While WA has a long history of separatist politics, it’s fair to say this group took the cake with this morning’s half-arsed attempt to overthrow the state government by occupying a rural courthouse. The Facebook page belonging to this group appears to have been removed but the copied manifesto below is full of typical ‘sovereign citizen’ rubbish.

Anyone got a quick summary of their aims and grievances?

You did kind of take it there for some strange reason though.

If it were Aboriginal people it would've had more, negative attention. The Leonard Casley family were (are) "haha how funny is this let's call him prince" to the trash media kraken and even serious media like ABC for decades because they're white.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is fairly expected, even sane, for Western Australia to have a minimal secessionist feeling that occasionally perks up, given their history. It would reflect badly upon them if it never happened.

I think it is fairly expected, even sane, for Western Australia to have a minimal secessionist feeling that occasionally perks up, given their history. It would reflect badly upon them if it never happened.

Those who want WA to be its own country are delcons/libertarians whose great vision is to not fund anything the Australian Government does except of course defence.

Those who want WA to be its own country are delcons/libertarians whose great vision is to not fund anything the Australian Government does except of course defence.
Your simplistic cartoon lens is not the reality. I know lots of regular WA folk on the left and in the centre who long for it. It has a much longer history than something you've recently skimmed on social media. I'm not saying that they should secede, or that some advocates aren't like what you describe, but this has been a debate worth having since pre-Federation.

Your simplistic cartoon lens is not the reality. I know lots of regular WA folk on the left and in the centre who long for it. It has a much longer history than something you've recently skimmed on social media. I'm not saying that they should secede, or that some advocates aren't like what you describe, but this has been a debate worth having since pre-Federation.

There is next to no support. Everybody votes for Australian parties.

There is next to no support. Everybody votes for Australian parties.
"next to no" is equivalent to "minimal" that you seldom hear about (but not precisely equivalent to the opposite of "everybody")

As already mentioned in this thread, just try to be less blinkered. You stand out here because whilst there are some right-wing zombie bots around here, you are the novelty one of the left. They are both the same toxic online species in essence, just in counter-balance. Their shouting ruins genuine debate for everyone else, they just toe the drone line of their own echo chambers and fail to think for themselves. Someone who can't formulate their own opinions for themselves isn't someone worth paying much heed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back