Fair cull at the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys looks quiet, soft and unassuming but rightly said enough is enough. It’s good.

This has Rawlings fingerprints all over it.

All good changes IMO. Very positive changes.

Jasper Pittard got a 5 year 3 mill contract that expires in 2023....

1.8 mill to a guy not on your list is just insane

No.

Edit: BTW this isn't that big a cull. 11 out but we have 3 picks inside the first 25-30 in this draft. Corr looks to be coming over (and I suspect 1-2 others). A list reduction across the league of say 4-6 senior players would mean we'd likely cut further (ie. 6 less on list makes this in reality a 5 player cull - bog average for a team at the bottom of the ladder IMO). I suspect we have more cuts to come either way.

He got an average list to two prelims and he told the board 18 months ago a rebuild was required but they didn't want to listen

I think he was a pretty good coach who gets a bit unfairly maligned tbh

You're right, but awful gameday coaching. Never had a plan B. But I agree that his unlikeable personality seems to make people forget that he got North a game away from the Grand Final, twice.

I disagree wholeheartedly, and with respect I assume that I've naturally seen a lot more of Daw's career than you. He might have had 1-2 good seasons in his career, but he was actually a very good player in those. Scott wasted too many years trying to make him a ruck/fwd without success. He didn't get trialed as a defender until he was already in his late 20s.
You can't debate what he might have been, it is what it is.

I watched a number of his games durIng his purple patch and he was 3/5 at best across a season. Liam Jones has forged a decent career as a forward come defender, where as Daw played a couple of good games but otherwise looked lost on a footy field.

Surely clubs have been told for this to happen? The only reason North is the only team to have made the cull is they are the only team whose season is over. Right?
Yep. Watch the other clubs after this weekend start with their list changes. Can’t imagine the clubs haven’t been informed on list numbers.

meh, North can never do right according to numpties.

Before Harvey was delisted it was all. "North need to pull the pin, hes gone a year too long, hes clogging the list, hes selfish". Then we did it and it was all "North are f'd, he was in his prime, North are doomed, poor managment"

Brad Scott: " hes a terrible coach, poor man managment, made a s**t team"
Now "They were dumb to get rid of him, should have listened to him, got an average list to 2 prelims (when before that was called failure"

This big cull:
"North has too many list cloggers, they need a clean out, they need to rebuild."
We do it "Poor man managment, North are doomed, they will fold, Pittard was a gun"

numpties

The team that couldn't afford to rebuild during the good times is going to completely gut the club during COVID. Shaw would want to get it right or they are in big trouble. TV deal won't save them. Look at channel 7's dispute with Cricket Australia. They are not going to want to show North games.
yet north supporters tell us they are the reason fox pays so much..

if noone watches on fta whos paying for it?

I may have this wrong: thought Scott suggested a rebuild 2 seasons ago, club had a different view, changed from an experienced to an inexperienced coach to now do the rebuild the club previously didn't want? And did Shaw present to the club a rebuild plan to get the job, or was that a subsequent position? Seems strange to end up with the rebuild in the hands of Shaw.

In 2019 when North were playing well, smashing the eventual premiers with good hard footy, I and others thought they were in for a good 2020.

You're right, but awful gameday coaching. Never had a plan B. But I agree that his unlikeable personality seems to make people forget that he got North a game away from the Grand Final, twice.
Tbf lots of coaches don't have a plan b

Oy the absolute elite ones seem too

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dom tyson... I forgot all about him. Had 1 good year at the Dees and then back to playing like a busted arsehole

Yeah weird one, mostly played on the wing in that good year he had at Melbourne when they made the prelim. Is naturally an inside mid so can see why they wanted a Cunnington back up or some experienced depth, but his body seems to not give him a fair crack.

You were condescending, attempting to laugh at North for trying to 'offer' Wood to Sydney as a key target. When in fact, Sydney offered Wood a big deal (4 years at $500k/season) which he rejected. You were called out accordingly and have attempted to deflect.
all true....ignore this bloke tho,,,he is a genuine troll

Aaron Hall dodged a bullet.

I have only watched bits of North games this year, so my perspective could be heavily distorted, but every time I have seen him he is doing either nothing or something awful. He gives me PTSD flashbacks of my experiences having to watch Callum Brown play for us.

Even if he is contracted, they should just pay it out and not waste any time with him taking a list spot.

I have only watched bits of North games this year, so my perspective could be heavily distorted, but every time I have seen him he is doing either nothing or something awful. He gives me PTSD flashbacks of my experiences having to watch Callum Brown play for us.

Even if he is contracted, they should just pay it out and not waste any time with him taking a list spot.
Hall has been shocking. Unfortunately that goes for most north players

It was only a few seasons ago that North were trying to convince Sydney at how good Wood was. They wanted him involved in some trade that I have since forgotten about.

I remember one game he single handedly beat you at the SCG, looked like Carey that night, shame he is so lazy, trots around half asleep. Might be worth a go if someone can get more out of him and his attitude right.

In 2019 when North were playing well, smashing the eventual premiers with good hard footy, I and others thought they were in for a good 2020.

Depth or lack of it exposed in a big way this year, we did start 2-0 beating the Saints and GWS, once Cunnington went down and numerous others followed that was curtains for us. Our best teams have always been super competitive. That’s the difference with the contenders, Richmond lose 5 players and you barely notice it, the Eagles are decimated yet still find ways to win. We simply don’t have that tier below that can step in. What we dished up under Shaw last yr was very very good, the team we had on the park most of this season resembled nothing like that one.

I guess quite a few more will be out at the end of next year too once their contracts expire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back