Fairfax (now Nine) and other left-wing media bias in Australian political coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't get how that nonsense was THE top headline on SMH today.

"The Coalition was slammed"..."Slammed" by who? Anyone relevant? What comprised the "slamming"?

Was it really only this that they went on...?:

Some social media users objected to the billboard, questioning the source of the image and suggesting it may have been Photoshopped.

How can some "social media users" objecting to something which is clearly factual equal a top headline in Fairfax papers?

Biased rubbish.

Oh c'mon there was barely a prominent piece at all on Shorten being caught making up super tax policies. And then barely any mention of his correction today. Even though it has dominated the rest of the media cycle over the last 2 days.

Seriously - you guys know that is rotten.
No use trying to convince these hypocrites. They also think that the ABC is balanced and those who do acknowledge that it isn't state that is acceptable because the right are so evil.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. It's not a subscription site. It's there to drive traffic with clickbait. Cf The Australian for example.
It's not a subscription site? Are you inferring that the Chief and the loaded moderators are balanced? LOL.

A mere half a billion down the toilet.

Hopefully he can weave the same uncanny magic over News Corp until there’s an S and an E on the end of the company name.
Why would you be concerned about a private investor losing $500,000,000? It's his and the shareholders money.

I'll bet that you couldn't care less that we've wasted $1,5000,000,000 of the taxpayers money so that the Andrews government could get re-elected (even with the help of the red shirts fraud) or that the NBN has cost us $50,000,000,000 and is already obsolete.

Why would you be concerned about a private investor losing $500,000,000? It's his and the shareholders money.

I'll bet that you couldn't care less that we've wasted $1,5000,000,000 of the taxpayers money so that the Andrews government could get re-elected (even with the help of the red shirts fraud) or that the NBN has cost us $50,000,000,000 and is already obsolete.
Why do you care about the non-existant bias of a privately owned media?

What made you think I was "concerned"?

I think it's hilarious that he can piss half a billion up against the wall and now be every chance to take over the reins of a multi-billion dollar multinational media company.

Shows that merit is the last thing on Murdoch Snr's mind.

I have no idea what the Andrews govt does. I'm from NSW. All I do know is he was re-elected with a thumping majority.

On the other hand, I am extremely concerned about the $50000000000 that this incompetent federal govt caused to be lost, by politicising the NBN.

"Obsolete"? You're just showing your ignorance.

No use trying to convince these hypocrites. They also think that the ABC is balanced and those who do acknowledge that it isn't state that is acceptable because the right are so evil.
The ABC is balanced. Enquiry after enquiry (most of them foisted on the ABC by the Libs, I might add) find no evidence of bias except a slight right leaning.

Nothing to do with how woeful abbott was ?
Abbott would have been the one of the best PMs we've ever had if it wasn't for the Senate blocking everything he tried to pass. He was handed the Rudd/Gillard massive debt and was never able to reduce it.

When will the left realise that it takes money to pay for nice stuff?

What made you think I was "concerned"?

I think it's hilarious that he can piss half a billion up against the wall and now be every chance to take over the reins of a multi-billion dollar multinational media company.

Shows that merit is the last thing on Murdoch Snr's mind.

I have no idea what the Andrews govt does. I'm from NSW. All I do know is he was re-elected with a thumping majority.

On the other hand, I am extremely concerned about the $50000000000 that this incompetent federal govt caused to be lost, by politicising the NBN.

"Obsolete"? You're just showing your ignorance.
Bloody hell. I can't believe that people like you are allowed to vote. No wonder we end up with the fiscally irresponsible politicians we have. You didn't even touch on my comments about the Andrews Govt waste. Clearly you don't care. It's easy to be that way when you don't have to work hard to pay for the high taxes.

Abbott would have been the one of the best PMs we've ever had if it wasn't for the Senate blocking everything he tried to pass. He was handed the Rudd/Gillard massive debt and was never able to reduce it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That $1.5 billion was down to the Liberal Party and one of the biggest pieces of bastardry in Oz political history.
Some day someone will follow the money trail to find out which Libs received the kickbacks for signing the rest of us up to the crooked secret payout deal.

The people who vote left clearly have zero understanding of "fiscal responsibility" so let me dumb it down for you in the form of an official chart;

image.png

This is as basic as I can make it for you guys. As you will see, the coalition shows an upward trend when they are in power whilst Labor always shows a downward trend when they are in power.

You need to put your political allegencies and biases aside for the betterment of your country. This is something that the left seems unable to do.

The fact of the matter is that the federal Goverment is only able to pay for the programs that they can afford. If you can't understand this, then I suggest that you absolve yourselves from any political debates.

Bloody hell. I can't believe that people like you are allowed to vote. No wonder we end up with the fiscally irresponsible politicians we have. You didn't even touch on my comments about the Andrews Govt waste. Clearly you don't care. It's easy to be that way when you don't have to work hard to pay for the high taxes.
Are you drunk?

Would you care to state your case in a rational, sober manner?

Because I have no idea what you are crapping on about.

The people who vote left clearly have zero understanding of "fiscal responsibility" so let me dumb it down for you in the form of an official chart;

View attachment 662686

This is as basic as I can make it for you guys. As you will see, the coalition shows an upward trend when they are in power whilst Labor always shows a downward trend when they are in power.

You need to put your political allegencies and biases aside for the betterment of your country. This is something that the left seems unable to do.

The fact of the matter is that the federal Goverment is only able to pay for the programs that they can afford. If you can't understand this, then I suggest that you absolve yourselves from any political debates.
When you get to high school you’ll have the chance to study Economics, and in Economics you’ll learn that budget surpluses and deficits are no indicator of economic competence or incompetence.

In the meantime, keep studying hard!

He managed to double it you chinless pie eyed jizznozzle.

BUT MUH tONYYYYYYYYYY

abbott voters truly have a mental sickness
I love watching the cognitive dissonance in one eyed liberal voters

You hit them with a verifiable fact and you can hear the gears grinding at the other end of the internet pipe.

Their little brains on an endless loop “does not compute does not compute”

The economy looked like tanking a few years ago so we had tonys tool time where you could depreciate all the tools you could buy in one year.

It cost the government billions in lost taxes - it was a stimulus - a good one - it kickstarted things - but we went into a lot more debt to do it.

That wasnt labors fault - that was a coalition government spending money to stimulate the economy.

Loss of tax revenue as a result of the coalition government slashing the tax departments auditors also contributed to lost revenue and more debt.

*cognitive dissonance increasing

I love watching the cognitive dissonance in one eyed liberal voters

You hit them with a verifiable fact and you can hear the gears grinding at the other end of the internet pipe.

Their little brains on an endless loop “does not compute does not compute”

The economy looked like tanking a few years ago so we had tonys tool time where you could depreciate all the tools you could buy in one year.

It cost the government billions in lost taxes - it was a stimulus - a good one - it kickstarted things - but we went into a lot more debt to do it.

That wasnt labors fault - that was a coalition government spending money to stimulate the economy.

Loss of tax revenue as a result of the coalition government slashing the tax departments auditors also contributed to lost revenue and more debt.

*cognitive dissonance increasing

Oh that was DEFINITELY bill Shortens fault !
And cultural marxism
And the left
And political corectness

Oh and the Greens , we can't forget the Greens , the jews selling JC out to the romans was the greens fault too

I feel like I'm wasting my time pointing this out, but the Senate blocked a lot of his stuff for a very good reason. Additionally, even if they hadn't, the 2014 budget was highly unlikely to lead to a surplus because it focused on slashing support for the lower classes while leaving the upper classes almost entirely untouched, rather than making broad cuts like Peter Costello sometimes did. Gutting the ATO and losing tax revenue didn't help.

Rudd/Gillard's debt was not massive by OECD standards.

Spot the Thatcherite.

This reads like a parody of a right-wing post, what with the calls for voter suppression.

The guy's a New South Welshman, why would he care about what the Andrews government does?

View attachment 662686

Sigh...like any good Thatcherite, you're treating government debt like household debt, so you think that surpluses are always desirable when in fact whether or not they are desirable depends on the economic situation. When the economy is flat-lining, you usually want more government spending and therefore debt to make up for the shortfall in private spending, not less.

Also, Australia can print its own money to finance expenditure, so it is impossible for it to 'run out of money' in the way you and Margaret Thatcher claim.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back