Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly a fake jumper, but I was googling and needed to share this:
collingwood-football-club-magpie-mascot-costume.jpg

This is a fake WCE guernsey, in fact going through the seller's previous listings, all he does is sell fakes. I urge you to report any guernseys he has for sale.

Details on why I can tell it's fake are here: #1772

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2007-West-Coast-Eagles-Heritage-Jumper-/152350803941?

Received this bullshit as a response when asking if it was genuine Puma:

Hi. I received it as a gift and didn't actually purchase the jumper, but it has all the Puma tags and labels, so I can only assume it is genuine Puma.

Thanks.

- the.sports.man

Last edited:
This is a fake WCE guernsey, in fact going through the seller's previous listings, all he does is sell fakes. I urge you to report any guernseys he has for sale.

Details on why I can tell it's fake are here: #1772

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2007-West-Coast-Eagles-Heritage-Jumper-/152350803941?

Received this bullshit as a response when asking if it was genuine Puma:

Saw this one- what are the signs of it being a fake? I saw it last night and the AFL logo looked a little off.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the link. Definitely a fake with a lot of effort, but a fake nevertheless.

After giving him the benefit of the doubt that he got it as a present, I told him it is a fake with the reasons why, and advised him to amend the listing to state it is not a genuine Puma guernsey, so that his potential buyers are not duped. This is his response.

Thanks for your advise. I have not mentioned anywhere in my listing that this is a player issue as I cannot be 100% sure of it's origins. I am offering the jumper as is, to anyone who wishes to purchase it. If that is not you for whatever reason, then that is fine. Thanks again.

SCAM ARTIST, plain and simple.

It's extremely concerning what this ebay seller is doing, due to the fact at how good these look at first glance. You appear spot on FXD.

The guernsey designs he has been listing (Geelong Indigenous, Geelong Heritage, Swans 125th, Lions Heritage and now the WCE Heritage) have all had flaws in design, incorrect fits/cuts and a handful of mistakes. As good as they are appearing, they each have mistakes/in-correct parts of design as FXD pointed out on the West Coast one.

I have my doubts on a few of these he has previously sold:

Geelong Indigenous #44
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Geelong-...826966?hash=item2377817056:g:b40AAOSwImRYNVVs

Geelong 2008 Heritage #40
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Geelong-...976368?hash=item23780d0c30:g:ThgAAOSwcUBYPqt4

Swans 125th #15
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sydney-S...799540?hash=item2378382034:g:otUAAOSwcUBYQT8T

Swans one definitely^, but the indigenous and '08 heritage are a little closer to the real thing. They have the (R) on the AFL logo and the Premiers text on it, so.. I'm inclined to believe they're pretty real..

Unless the Ford logos are incorrect. I don't see an (R) for those, or possibly the inconsistent thickness of the script is a giveaway?

Swans one definitely^, but the indigenous and '08 heritage are a little closer to the real thing. They have the (R) on the AFL logo and the Premiers text on it, so.. I'm inclined to believe they're pretty real..

Unless the Ford logos are incorrect. I don't see an (R) for those, or possibly the inconsistent thickness of the script is a giveaway?

On the 2008 Heritage - Printed ISC locker tag on the front looks well off. Should be stitched. Little blue man looks weird too.

I gave benefit of the doubt to his first listing (might have been the Indigenous), thinking it could be a factory second. But when all these rare designs are rolled out with consistent flaws (a lot revolving around the front locker tags) and being from different manufacturers, it presents a red flag.

On the 2008 Heritage - Printed ISC locker tag on the front looks well off. Should be stitched. Little blue man looks weird too.

I gave benefit of the doubt to his first listing (might have been the Indigenous), thinking it could be a factory second. But when all these rare designs are rolled out with consistent flaws (a lot revolving around the front locker tags) and being from different manufacturers, it presents a red flag.
Ah yes! I forgot to mention the little blue man! Looks too skinny and short! :p

After giving him the benefit of the doubt that he got it as a present, I told him it is a fake with the reasons why, and advised him to amend the listing to state it is not a genuine Puma guernsey, so that his potential buyers are not duped. This is his response.

SCAM ARTIST, plain and simple.

“I have not mentioned anywhere that this is a player issue...”.

I absolutely hate it when dodgy sellers say crap like that to try and defend their deception.

He hasn’t mentioned that it ISN’T one either, and you can obviously mislead people just as much by what you are NOT saying.

Strategically leaving out bits of information when you know it is potentially going to mislead people into thinking that the jumper is legit is deceptive behaviour (especially since FXD_ has pulled him up on it and he has refused to update the listing).

His response is a load of garbage and does not excuse him in any way.

Last edited:

I can't tell the differences - could you please point them out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah same, especially the Eagles state jumper

I posted this in the WCE guernsey thread.

Apart from the fact this is a 'retail' cut with the stitched on size tag (player issue had it printed onto the guernsey fabric), look at the AFL logo and the little blue man compared to genuine. And the number font is wrong, the 7 should be straight. not curved and the 3 is off.

Definitely knows what he is selling but you have to admit they are pretty good rip off's, particularly to an untrained eye. Have reported and hopefully eBay will make him put a clear disclaimer on his products if nothing else.

Definitely knows what he is selling but you have to admit they are pretty good rip off's, particularly to an untrained eye. Have reported and hopefully eBay will make him put a clear disclaimer on his products if nothing else.

Probably one of the best fakes I've seen. Usually its cousins and judd, but Selwood, this guy is pretty clever.

Wonder how he does it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back