Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did you trace it from? It's not the same logo as the one on the 1996 guernseys anyway.

5988537_orig.jpg
Saved from 2013
afl_centenary_logo_by_nafa_aussiefooty-d63wxxa.jpg

demon_spud

Senior List
Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Wolverhampton
There's still an online marketplace with shittonnes of them.

I just won't name it on here but it's not that hard to find.

Is it AFL footy shop com australia?

Those guernseys are ridiculous. Perhaps which is why they get the Official AFL endorsement.

Is it AFL footy shop com australia?

Those guernseys are ridiculous. Perhaps which is why they get the Official AFL endorsement.

nooooope.

I've seen quite a few companies make fake BBL shirts for all teams.
brand-new-bbl-shirt-australian-big-bash-league-t20-cricket-team-sports-t-shirts-bff.jpg

I was tempted to get a Scorchers one purely for the fact I never picked up an inaugural design.

However I’ll wait until I can get my hands on a legit one.

I was tempted to get a Scorchers one purely for the fact I never picked up an inaugural design.

However I’ll wait until I can get my hands on a legit one.
I'm surprised that I've seen at least two companies making these, and to the extent that they've made them look legit when only one body owns all teams they could easily put out a cease and desist and stop these but they (supposedly) haven't yet.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
At every Scorchers game I see soooo many fakes. It is not even funny anymore. The colours and sponsors are all off too,it's just annoying.

Most of them were probably purchased from Bali given so many West Australians go there for holidays.

At every Scorchers game I see soooo many fakes. It is not even funny anymore. The colours and sponsors are all off too,it's just annoying.

Most of them were probably purchased from Bali given so many West Australians go there for holidays.
I saw a few (strikers ones) when I was at the game on NYE and I didn't even know they made them. The blue they use is way off so once I saw one they were easy to pick and they had some dodgy numbers in impact on the back.

I doubt these fakes hurt them too much though seeing as though pretty much everyone in a 50,000 seat stadium has a new $100 jersey and a $50 cap, the amount of money made off merch by BBL clubs would be mind boggling I reckon.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw a few (strikers ones) when I was at the game on NYE and I didn't even know they made them. The blue they use is way off so once I saw one they were easy to pick and they had some dodgy numbers in impact on the back.

I doubt these fakes hurt them too much though seeing as though pretty much everyone in a 50,000 seat stadium has a new $100 jersey and a $50 cap, the amount of money made off merch by BBL clubs would be mind boggling I reckon.
Would be nice if the replicas sold at the games actually had the Strikers sponsors on them!

Would be nice if the replicas sold at the games actually had the Strikers sponsors on them!
West end is on there, it is just that the Vodafone deal came through so late that the replicas would have already been made. It is a bit annoying as I am after a new shirt (mine is from season 1 and I've grown a bit since then:D) but yeah, I'd like to have one with the proper sponsors on there. It just feels unbalanced otherwise.

Recently purchased a player issued Scorchers Champions League shirt from 2012 if anyone is interested by the way. Still on the hunt for a long sleeve though.

I'm actually after an early Scorchers jersey myself, this one you're looking at on-selling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I'm actually after an early Scorchers jersey myself, this one you're looking at on-selling?
If I can get myself a long sleeved one in the future I would be willing to sell it. I was in the same boat as you, had a jersey from the original season but it no longer fitted so was looking for a replacement.

If I can get myself a long sleeved one in the future I would be willing to sell it. I was in the same boat as you, had a jersey from the original season but it no longer fitted so was looking for a replacement.

I'm guessing by had, that means you've ridden of it?

d_mac77

Debutant
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Warriors, Perth Scorchers
Recently purchased a player issued Scorchers Champions League shirt from 2012 if anyone is interested by the way. Still on the hunt for a long sleeve though.
Nice pick up! What player name/number does it have on the back of yours? I managed to pick up a long sleeved 2013 CLT20 jumper last week, it's got #13 and Coulter-Nile heat pressed on the back. It's a bit odd as Coulter-Nile played for the Mumbai Indians in the 2013 tournament, but a very nice addition to my collection!

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Nice pick up! What player name/number does it have on the back of yours? I managed to pick up a long sleeved 2013 CLT20 jumper last week, it's got #13 and Coulter-Nile heat pressed on the back. It's a bit odd as Coulter-Nile played for the Mumbai Indians in the 2013 tournament, but a very nice addition to my collection!
Didn't get a number with it unfortunately. However it has a few signatures from the squad which makes it a little more interesting. A number would have been nice- it has player issued on the tag and stuff so I know I haven't been scammed, along with champions League logos on the sleeve and stuff.

So you're Erin's mate. :p

d_mac77

Debutant
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So you're Erin's mate. :p
So it was you the jumper came from? :) I'm very happy with it, that brings my Scorchers collection to three! Still haven't seen a Brisbane Heat shirt/vest/jumper for sale but I've got something from all other 7 teams

AnsettAustralia

Draftee
May 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So it was you the jumper came from? :) I'm very happy with it, that brings my Scorchers collection to three! Still haven't seen a Brisbane Heat shirt/vest/jumper for sale but I've got something from all other 7 teams
I have brisbane heat game trackies

d_mac77

Debutant
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Getting back to fake jumpers, I have a BBL shirt and jumper that I don't think are fake but they do have the wrong name on the backs.

It should be Sangha (as in Jason Sangha), not Sanga. I was annoyed that I didn't pick that up before I bought them. Mistakes happen and during the week Peter Handscomb wore a jumper that had Handcomb on!
20180110_221702 - Copy.jpg
20180110_222004 - Copy.jpg
20180110_222524 - Copy.jpg
20180114_121107 - Copy.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back