Remove this Banner Ad

eza316

Team Captain
May 30, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
a0e2aa886c580396483f2c5f86ad4299.jpg

Please for the love of all that is holy tell me someone didn’t pay this for this!?

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
a0e2aa886c580396483f2c5f86ad4299.jpg

Please for the love of all that is holy tell me someone didn’t pay this for this!?

Jesus ******* christ, that dude has made so much money off people. Would of made at least 15k this year selling fake guernseys I reckon (sold a ton of other rare jumpers before those Richmond premiership fakes and seems his made a couple of usernames now).

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

another reproduction

I got very excited by that at first, then noticed all the inconsistencies.

To be fair, the seller calls it a "remake". I'd like them to be a little more specific, but I guess they're not trying to pass it off as genuine.

Similar to those Richmond jumpers, if they state that it isn't authentic and people still want to pay a fortune, what can you do? He's not exactly swindling people.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I got very excited by that at first, then noticed all the inconsistencies.

To be fair, the seller calls it a "remake". I'd like them to be a little more specific, but I guess they're not trying to pass it off as genuine.

Similar to those Richmond jumpers, if they state that it isn't authentic and people still want to pay a fortune, what can you do? He's not exactly swindling people.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of those buyers didn't even read the description of the listings.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
I wouldn't be surprised if any of those buyers didn't even read the description of the listings.

Maybe so, but then isn't the onus on the bidder/purchaser to read the description? Can hardly cry foul if its stated there in black and white and you were too lazy to read it properly.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe so, but then isn't the onus on the bidder/purchaser to read the description? Can hardly cry foul if its stated there in black and white and you were too lazy to read it properly.

Well I guess it is the buyer's fault because it has been said it was a reproduction, but it is still rather deceitful to produce all these knockoffs that would be viewed as the real deal by fans who don't know much about footy jumpers.

eBay doesn't allow items with authenticity disclaimers, so saying it is a reproduction is a breach of that rule, but eBay rarely does anything about these guernseys. They once took down an Eagles one that was labelled as a reproduction, one that I reported a few months ago, so they aren't really even allowed to be sold on eBay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

23_fan

Senior List
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
The bloke wanted one, custom ordered one, took the time to stitch a Centenary patch in and cried knowing it's not the real thing
23_fan Thoughts?

As fake as it gets. But I think that's been pretty well established by now.
Adelaide's match day jumper Centenary logo had AFL 1897-1996 around the border, not Australian Football League. That was just for the teams that had sewn on badges. The Crows did use sewn patches for their training jumpers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back