Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

what the **** is this garbage?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Signed-...616526?hash=item2603fc310e:g:ovYAAOSw8Y1bpbX3

Seriously, people have bid $150 with 6 hours remaining?
also lol @ If wanting a COA (certificate of Authenticity)for this item is an additional charge of $40 and we will get this item certified for you and send the hard copy certificate with the guernsey.
I assume they just print some crap out lol.

I know players tend to not have the best penmanship (some of the signatures I have are barley legible) but what is this? It doesn't even look like his name

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 2.01.08 pm.png

If that actually is his signature, I apologise, but it just doesn't look right to me. Also, lets all make sure to report these items so they can be taken off eBay, as good as it is to find one, reporting it makes all the difference

I know players tend to not have the best penmanship (some of the signatures I have are barley legible) but what is this? It doesn't even look like his name

View attachment 566815

If that actually is his signature, I apologise, but it just doesn't look right to me. Also, lets all make sure to report these items so they can be taken off eBay, as good as it is to find one, reporting it makes all the difference

I think the signature is legit, it isn't far off his normal signature and the seller has a few Richmond signed guernseys that look like the signatures are legit. Probably was handed to him with heaps of people around so he quickly squiggled - certainly a s**t sig.
I wouldn't be surprised if the signature was forged though considering his producing fake guernseys.. I certainly wouldn't be confident it's real.

Is there any tips in identifying the legitimacy of Player Issues?

I've found this one, looks pretty legit but have never bought a PA before so dont really know what im looking for to see if its good. View attachment 567305View attachment 567306

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

When looking at PI's, a lot of the attention is on the GPS pouch and it's positioning - this one looks legitimate. If in doubt, try to track down pictures of the player wearing an identical jumper to check where the GPS is sewn in.

The tags inside the jumper are a dead giveaway - I've near seen a fake that has used the real 'On Field Apparel' AFL tag

Also, make sure all the logos are the right shape, size, colour and that they are in the correct position. Clear give away is when the logos look a little dodgy.

Another way is checking the clubs auction site and navigating to previous results to see if the jumper was auctioned off, and if it was, are there other pictures of the jumper. If there was no auction, it may be a fake (but this is not a dead giveaway - I've picked up nearly all of my PI's directly from the Cats Shop - most from a marquee on game day at GMHBA). This jumper was in fact auctioned off by the Pies - it can be found here

In regards to this jumper, I'm saying this jumper is legitimate. Fits the criteria I used when checking for fakes. Granted, I'm better with Cats jumpers, but I can't see anything wrong with this one

When looking at PI's, a lot of the attention is on the GPS pouch and it's positioning - this one looks legitimate. If in doubt, try to track down pictures of the player wearing an identical jumper to check where the GPS is sewn in.

The tags inside the jumper are a dead giveaway - I've near seen a fake that has used the real 'On Field Apparel' AFL tag

Also, make sure all the logos are the right shape, size, colour and that they are in the correct position. Clear give away is when the logos look a little dodgy.

Another way is checking the clubs auction site and navigating to previous results to see if the jumper was auctioned off, and if it was, are there other pictures of the jumper. If there was no auction, it may be a fake (but this is not a dead giveaway - I've picked up nearly all of my PI's directly from the Cats Shop - most from a marquee on game day at GMHBA). This jumper was in fact auctioned off by the Pies - it can be found here

In regards to this jumper, I'm saying this jumper is legitimate. Fits the criteria I used when checking for fakes. Granted, I'm better with Cats jumpers, but I can't see anything wrong with this one
Thanks for the help! I have no doubt that the jumper is legitimate but wasnt too sure whether the numbers were just ironed on, then again why would anyone do that for these duds at Collingwood. 23 is my fav footy number so should be a good pickup to start my PI collection. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help! I have no doubt that the jumper is legitimate but wasnt too sure whether the numbers were just ironed on, then again why would anyone do that for these duds at Collingwood. 23 is my fav footy number so should be a good pickup to start my PI collection. Thanks again.

No worries - it will make a great start to a PI collection. Also, ironed on numbers can often be identified via reflections in the photo, but reflections can't always be seen. Check the positioning and the size of the numbers - heat pressed numbers tend to come in one size and may not be put directly in the right spot, so if it's skewed in any direction or seems to big or too small, then it could be ironed on

Is there any tips in identifying the legitimacy of Player Issues?

I've found this one, looks pretty legit but have never bought a PA before so dont really know what im looking for to see if its good. View attachment 567305View attachment 567306

This is definitely a legitimate PI, I wouldn’t be worried about the positioning so much with ISC jumpers as their positioning is usually wherever they they feel like sewing it. The makers of fakes haven’t been able to recreate the player issue isc material

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

44115900_714544272247614_8745061354668294144_n.jpg

44136715_714544278914280_6441928134810927104_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an obvious fake, but fake nonetheless.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/392181767279

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Geez that's a good fake. Took me a minute to notice what was wrong with it (it's the jock tag, right?).

On closer inspection, the ISC logo is also the wrong font, and the colours are washed out. But these are the kinds of things that aren't noticed by jumper nerds like us, which is how these sellers thrive

Geez that's a good fake. Took me a minute to notice what was wrong with it (it's the jock tag, right?).

On closer inspection, the ISC logo is also the wrong font, and the colours are washed out. But these are the kinds of things that aren't noticed by jumper nerds like us, which is how these sellers thrive

The wings on the back curve the wrong way as well

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back