Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

This is almost more a repro than a fake

What exactly is the difference between a reproduction and a fake? Wouldn't a fake be a poorly executed reproduction? And unless it is licensed, the term 'reproduction' seems like it would apply to an official jumper, whereas a fake is anything that hasn't been licensed

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What exactly is the difference between a reproduction and a fake? Wouldn't a fake be a poorly executed reproduction? And unless it is licensed, the term 'reproduction' seems like it would apply to an official jumper, whereas a fake is anything that hasn't been licensed
The Big V and SA guernseys are being sold as reproduction items. This is the description from the SA guernsey
Brand New South Australia Croweaters Guernsey

This is a Brand New remake of the South Australia Croweaters Guernsey from the 90's. The item is available in a Large size. Wear the Croweaters Guernsey with pride! Free Shipping is available around Australia and a tracking number will be provided.
SA guernsey
Remake/repro/fake its a bit of a grey area IMO but I would happily call the above a remake/repro on this board at least. I wouldnt buy it but Im not against the remakes in principal, but if you look abit deeper on ebay the same seller sold a M&M's Carlton remake for $280!! Thats bad especially if the seller didnt realize exactly what he was buying!!

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
654ecc368808cab9ca17b48c3014c6cee37ae8aa

ADstv

Senior List
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
In Bali and see they made a fake version of the eagles Premier jumpers. if I did see a fake with the grand final patch I would've got one.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks very much like a 2017 jumper but instead has UA logos instead of Majestic logos.
Maybe the people in charge of UA in Australia are also the people in charge of Majestic in Australia, and were planning to use the UA brand instead of the Majestic brand with the Lions.
Maybe not fake, but prototype.

Last edited:

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I remember reading something that UA were going to make push into AFL but their strategy changed so they shelved that plan, pretty late into the process too.

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda

One of the best fakes I've seen here. The tag gives it away. Unfortunately the seller is trying to pass them off as real, even stating "These are genuine guernseys all logos etc fully sublimated. Just don’t have the afl tags because was a special edition jersey." Another giveaway though is that if you look at the genuine article, the St Kilda crest (under the Dare logo) is NOT centred within the white stripe:

027A0342-1__2139402934.jpg

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the best fakes I've seen here. The tag gives it away. Unfortunately the seller is trying to pass them off as real, even stating "These are genuine guernseys all logos etc fully sublimated. Just don’t have the afl tags because was a special edition jersey." Another giveaway though is that if you look at the genuine article, the St Kilda crest (under the Dare logo) is NOT centred within the white stripe:

I'm not fully au fait with Saints guernseys so not sure why there are versions of this with no names on the front and with names on the front, but the player issue with names on the front has the St Kilda logo like the replica - the jock tag however is still incorrect.

576082.jpg

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

I'm not fully au fait with Saints guernseys so not sure why there are versions of this with no names on the front and with names on the front, but the player issue with names on the front has the St Kilda logo like the replica - the jock tag however is still incorrect.

576082.jpg
Have been looking at this on eBay. Why do you think this is fake, in terms of the tag and jock tag? The guernsey tag that is how XBlades make them as I have 2 player issues and they both have it without the official afl one. But what about the jock tag? From memory the club did sell replicas of this guernsey but can not remeber if they had names on it or not, they may not have and may have only been on the player issue ones

I think it's more likely that it's a prototype - generally the tags from Asian ripoffs are like 1cmx1cm with a size in Times New Roman on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Have been looking at this on eBay. Why do you think this is fake, in terms of the tag and jock tag? The guernsey tag that is how XBlades make them as I have 2 player issues and they both have it without the official afl one. But what about the jock tag? From memory the club did sell replicas of this guernsey but can not remeber if they had names on it or not, they may not have and may have only been on the player issue ones

Well the jock tag on the eBay one is in the wrong position compared to the two photos where a player is wearing one. On the official ones it goes onto the white column and on the eBay one it doesn’t.

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars

Interesting - I bought one of the match worn PI’s directly from the Saints auctions site and it has the same tag..

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The bloke selling the 2004 port Adelaide grand final reproduction jumpers on eBay is making a killing and they look terrible.

Yeah the 2004 Port jumper is pretty average (especially the Vodafone logo)

Seems the seller has a whole line-up of reproduction jumpers, from West Coast's GF last year to various SoO designs, and even a Port Magpies long sleeve

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Lol, did someone actually pay $140 for this? 51 bids?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Signed-West-Coast-Eagles-Guernsey-2018-Premieres-Free-Postage-/163686354882?hash=item261c778fc2:g:t10AAOSwdWlc1tX1&nma=true&si=n0roVOcy0ESR%2BvYZH2d9Q7YBcTU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

also wtf?
A certificate of Authenticity is available for an additional $50
( the option is there to purchase this items with or without a certificate of Authenticity)
We will take this item into town to get graded by a certified licensed grader.

Lol, did someone actually pay $140 for this? 51 bids?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Signed-West-Coast-Eagles-Guernsey-2018-Premieres-Free-Postage-/163686354882?hash=item261c778fc2:g:t10AAOSwdWlc1tX1&nma=true&si=n0roVOcy0ESR%2BvYZH2d9Q7YBcTU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

also wtf?
A certificate of Authenticity is available for an additional $50
( the option is there to purchase this items with or without a certificate of Authenticity)
We will take this item into town to get graded by a certified licensed grader.
2018 Premieres!

But seriously, LOL.
Charging people extra for a certificate of authenticity? What are they going to do with the certificate once the guernsey's gone?
Makes me wonder about the countless people that would've got stooged over something like this if Collingwood had won :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back