FTA-TV Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Remove this Banner Ad

Random thoughts:
Totally a new Cap suit from Wakanda and would be made of Vibranium similar to Black Panthers, the only other thing could be a Super Soldier syrum of some sort.

Sharon was takling to the French-Algerian terrorist, she is clearly the Power Broker

Wasn't Steve Rogers' mum called Sarah? Which is why I think Bucky reacted to Sam's sister the way he did.

French-Algerian to do a double cross on Carly.

It's Wakandan tech so it would likely be vibranium.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It’s most likely Falcon’s Captain America suit, and presumably made by Shuri.

There was a leak of it a few months ago via a toy product (classic way of revealing character spoilers). Haven’t seen it myself and wouldn’t suggest anyone do so, the reveal next week I’m sure will be well worth the wait.

With the last episode coming on Friday I thought I would try and figure out the some plot conclusions

I think Sam has a Captain America special version uniform in the box

Sam will corner Karli and arrest her - as he is taking her in for arrest and questioning - Jack Walker interferes and kills here - a fight between Sam and Jack is interrupted by Blacky and Walker takes off

Sam becomes Captain America and a movie finalising the battle between he and Walker will happen

Fontaine is Madame Hydra

Sharon is the Power Broker

Both of these will feature as recurring characters in the movies

I think thats it mostly - its setting up alternate storylines and recurring characters for a run of movies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say, im suprised at the criticism on this one. Not that its not valid, but Wandavision had such staunch defenders and this is vastly superior to that.

Zemo stuff was rushed for sure and i too would love some more Dora but they are minor criticisms.

I thought Wandavision was more imaginative and better structured. This feels like it needs at least two more episodes, definitely rushing the end.

I thought Wandavision was more imaginative and better structured. This feels like it needs at least two more episodes, definitely rushing the end.
More imaginative, sure but thats a circumstance of the character and her powers.

Overall there were plot elements that went nowhere, production elements that felt pretty cheap and tacky and a wholly unfulfilling ending.

I dont want to do a direct comparison of the two cause they are pretty different im just suprised Wanda got so hotly defended for some of its flaws and Falcon isnt getting any real defense of the criticisms of its.

Its just odd to me

More imaginative, sure but thats a circumstance of the character and her powers.

Overall there were plot elements that went nowhere, production elements that felt pretty cheap and tacky and a wholly unfulfilling ending.

I dont want to do a direct comparison of the two cause they are pretty different im just suprised Wanda got so hotly defended for some of its flaws and Falcon isnt getting any real defense of the criticisms of its.

Its just odd to me

I like F&WS. I just think there are some missed opportunities of going deeper:
  • Zemo - apart from his meme-worthy dancing, he raised some good points about super soldiers vs super heroes
  • the whole refugees issue
  • Sam and Bucky being essentially overlooked by society after their efforts (e.g. the mortgage scene)
  • Isaac the black super soldier
  • the whole Sharon in weird crime ridden city episode

I like F&WS. I just think there are some missed opportunities of going deeper:
  • Zemo - apart from his meme-worthy dancing, he raised some good points about super soldiers vs super heroes
  • the whole refugees issue
  • Sam and Bucky being essentially overlooked by society after their efforts (e.g. the mortgage scene)
  • Isaac the black super soldier
  • the whole Sharon in weird crime ridden city episode

I feel 6 episodes is just not enough, feels like we are going to have a number of story threads tie into upcoming movies (which ones though, am unsure).

Isaiah Bradley I believe you refer to, not Isaac. Fantastic character and very much relevant in today’s world. Madripoor established as existing in the MCU is a clear nod to Xmen, which is still years away in all likelihood from coming to fruition.

I feel 6 episodes is just not enough, feels like we are going to have a number of story threads tie into upcoming movies (which ones though, am unsure).

Isaiah Bradley I believe you refer to, not Isaac. Fantastic character and very much relevant in today’s world. Madripoor established as existing in the MCU is a clear nod to Xmen, which is still years away in all likelihood from coming to fruition.

Yes, Isaiah! Was going off the top of my head during a boring meeting. Should have been 8 episodes like WandaVision.

Its just odd to me

yep spot on. her thing is mystical and magical. Can expand it to the wazoo if they want.

Reasonable ending and and overall good but not great series IMO.

Not sure how I feel as Sharon as the Power Broker. Slightly telegraphed and few gaps missing in her story.

Final episode action was good but resulted in the story getting rushed near the end of the episode. Super Soldiers getting done in 10 minutes didn't feel right.

Feel this would have been better of restructured as 2.5 hour D+ movie and just cutting some of the fluff.

Sam's monologue was great though and the moment he needed to transition to the new Cap. After a a wasteful start, they did well with him by the end. Use of the shield goes well with his fighting style too.

Ultimately this served Sam and Bucky better than Wandavision did for Wanda IMO. Despite first half of the season not helping Sam, series did well giving these guys much more depth than the movies could. Based on that much more invested in these guys in future films. Can't say the same for Wanda. (On a character level)

Tempering expectations with Loki though despite it looking amazing. Just not sure MCU stories transition well to a TV format. Maybe it's because Feige being spread to thin or having limited involvement but the writing has been nowhere near as tight as the films. Still better than most TV on at the moment however.

Last edited:
I felt the last ten minutes was excellent.

Bucky and Yori’s conversation, I wanted to see more of that but at the same time I didn’t if that makes sense. Geez. Telling someone that you murdered their son, that’s intense.

The highlight as I’ve always said through the series is Isaiah Bradley. He gave a hell of a performance this series. Eli/Patriot clearly being set up for young avengers down the track however I hope that’s not the last of Isaiah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back