glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I mistakenly thought the first two episodes were released, not just the first.

In a way it felt like two episodes within one, high action fast paced to begin with. A slower approach thereafter.

Poor Yori. And poor Bucky. Heavy s**t to contend with.

Not sure what to make of it. Liked Bucky's side of events, but pretty slow and mellow start.

Sam's was fine, Bucky was the more cerebral of the two for sure to touch the emotion, but Sams was a great juxtaposition of dealing with the here and now and the trials touched upon in Wandavision.

Plus, sams had flag smashers and basically ultimatum, so boiled down to one was heart and past mistakes v action and persecution.

Sam's was fine, Bucky was the more cerebral of the two for sure to touch the emotion, but Sams was a great juxtaposition of dealing with the here and now and the trials touched upon in Wandavision.

Plus, sams had flag smashers and basically ultimatum, so boiled down to one was heart and past mistakes v action and persecution.

Wasn't bad, just thought for Sam's situation considering this is a 6 episode series, could have upped the stakes a bit more. The just my personal preference. I do like though for Sam there will be some resentment for the govt on how he's been treated. Hopefully they really push that.

The score. Music. Beautiful. Very very very winter soldier like.
When Sam flies why doesn’t his mouth flap around like a dead fish? Or anyone for that matter.

Red wing needs his own spin off show. Underrated.

Great work falcon. Just before the border.

See zemo in the notebook?

Lol Bucky easily picks up. She seems nice

Uncle Sam. Haha. Sponsored by Dodge.

Ninja turtle bad guys!!

Ohhhh. New guy. Here we go.

No credits scene. Booooooo

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
As a casual viewer who knows of the characters and some backstory there was enough to keep me going

Happy for this episode to be a filler/set-up for the rest of the series

I also wondered how finances can be tight - but its not going to bother me enough to stop my enjoyment

The finance thing logically is fine, it's just the balance of Sam's family vs being stuffed over by the government was way out of whack and only readdressed shortly before the episode finishes. His family didn't exactly seem like they were paupers, so there wasn't that sense of urgency.

Not a deal-breaker by any stretch, just for a 6 episode run, needed to be a bit punchier.

Bit like some of the storyline choices in Wandavision, I wonder if parts of that episode were decided and filmed after the start of COVID.

As a casual viewer who knows of the characters and some backstory there was enough to keep me going

I also wondered how finances can be tight - but its not going to bother me enough to stop my enjoyment
The finances thing definitely seems a stretch BUT they gave it the explanation so frankly I’m fine with it.

Cap also lived in a pretty modest apartment in Winter Soldier and Hawkeyes farm was lovely but not exactly stark like either.
The finance thing logically is fine, it's just the balance of Sam's family vs being stuffed over by the government was way out of whack and only readdressed shortly before the episode finishes. His family didn't exactly seem like they were paupers, so there wasn't that sense of urgency.

Not a deal-breaker by any stretch, just for a 6 episode run, needed to be a bit punchier.

Bit like some of the storyline choices in Wandavision, I wonder if parts of that episode were decided and filmed after the start of COVID.

I think the reason for the seemingly fiscally stringent way of life is because they are not doing it for the $. They do it for the country, intrinsic value and protecting the good. Also WS and Falcy are soldiers, slept and lived in much worse conditions.

Wandavision started off slowly but ramped up. This can be the same. I trust in the process

Thought it was a great start, will definitely keep tuning in.
Amen! I think it works because we're used to seeing super humans (thor and hulk pre thanos) waltzing in and shitting on all enemies. Too easy. Now we see pure hand to hand combat so to speak. More traditional Earth fighting.

It's post blip, if we assume Stark was the bankroll with S.H.I.E.L.D, that ship sailed in the 5 years before Sam returned in the blip, any assets he might have had may have been frozen, or liquidated, or anything else, and so Sam then banks on his identity to get him what he needs.

See the meeting with his contact, he's "fixing" wiring, juxtapose with what he does with the boat and how the ep then ended. You can see ways why he may be in that sort of position given Stark'd be dead and Nick'd be in space.

Back