FTA-TV Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
What if you were halfway though a good sh*t when blipped?

What about pregnancies? Is the foetus counted as a separate life to the mum? Could it disappear and the mum stay? Or the mum disappear and the foetus stay (and very quickly die)?

With the un-snap babies might reappear where they last were but their parents could have moved state or country, or died. I wonder how many people would commit suicide after their families disappeared.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That was very nicely done. Marvel actually went there with the racial profiling by the police, respect.

Loved the big 3 conversations, and the wizards/sorcerer line. The counselling session too was quality, locking in their legs like that :D

Poor old Redwing.

Love that ep. New Cap is such a dick. Ok he is not all bad and I understood where he was coming from in parts but he is wrong about Steve, his greatest attribute wasnt his guts it was his heart.

Loved the part with Isaiah, only heard of that character recently so interested to delve into that back story.

That was very nicely done. Marvel actually went there with the racial profiling by the police, respect.

Loved the big 3 conversations, and the wizards/sorcerer line. The counselling session too was quality, locking in their legs like that :D

Poor old Redwing.

Generally speaking, ever since they teased Secret Invasion and we knew of the X-men eventually becoming a thing, I expected marvel to start testing waters of what they can touch, ie the racial profiling of "does that make you a black kid?" and the immediate police faux pas. As if you're then eventually going to push the "s/he is a mutant" and basic racism on genetics card, coupled with "that person is actually an alien", you're going to have to delve into some silly as well as massively sensitive instances.

At present I'm liking what they're doing with Sam as a character, attempting to make him the focal point of family guy, doesn't want the lookit me celebrity of the shield but his own identity to then eventually find whole of both ideologies to solve his "issues", but I'm not exactly on board with what Bucky is at present, as he seems more plot device almost, than character on journey to find reason and closure to move forward. NGL though, I expected a different accent when she spoke first, dunno why though.

Redwing was also too OP, it's just a shame Bucky got cockblocked yet again in the MCU, the man is the better wingman but never the blushing bride it appears.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Listened to a podcast earlier yesterday and last nights episode was coincidental

When talking about the return there was mention of all the problematic issues the Blip created - ie housing, income etc

The podcast was about a group of Jewish Holocaust survivors returning to their homelands only to find neighbours had expected them to die ( not come back) and so had moved into their houses , their jobs were filled and even in some cases new relationships occurred - so they fled and a new county was formed

It must be a logistical nightmare trying to re-fit everybody back into a society thats moved on

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Disney follow the generic storyline path:
Fish out of water story for both of them. Sam doesn't feel right in taking the name (and thus the shield of) Captain America. Bucky doesn't know where he belongs, and doesn't have a purpose.

Sam didn't want the shield for an unnamed reason, and it may be on principle tied to racism in the USA as shown in the first two episodes. As most casual movie goers won't watch the Disney+ series it would be confusing for a new Cap to appear with the shield after End Game finished with Cap giving it to Falcon, so Sam will prove to himself that he has 'earned' the shield by the end of the series.

And Bucky mentioned the White Wolf, which ties in to Wakanda. So he will shed the baggage of the Winter Soldier, take up the mantle of the White Wolf, move back to Wakanda and get a funky vibranium suit.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If Disney follow the generic storyline path:
Fish out of water story for both of them. Sam doesn't feel right in taking the name (and thus the shield of) Captain America. Bucky doesn't know where he belongs, and doesn't have a purpose.

Sam didn't want the shield for an unnamed reason, and it may be on principle tied to racism in the USA as shown in the first two episodes. As most casual movie goers won't watch the Disney+ series it would be confusing for a new Cap to appear with the shield after End Game finished with Cap giving it to Falcon, so Sam will prove to himself that he has 'earned' the shield by the end of the series.

And Bucky mentioned the White Wolf, which ties in to Wakanda. So he will shed the baggage of the Winter Soldier, take up the mantle of the White Wolf, move back to Wakanda and get a funky vibranium suit.

The white wolf reference was fantastic. Great callback to Infinity War. Always enjoy those Wakanda scenes, the loss of Chadwick Boseman since always hits me as well.

red wing frustrated me. High tech with precision. but unable to shoot straight.

i didnt like the tension between WS and TF. Or maybe its just TF. He seems to speak with a bit of anger, sharpness, attitude. but that maybe the way he is due to some yet to be divulged thing.

the new captain america, is "just" a soldier yeah? So in theory the white wolf/winter soldier/bucky should be able to smash him? not sold on battlestar.

Yep, got the impression Walker views serum as PEDs.

Hopefully with Walker turns out like Kukoc at the Bulls?

Taking over captaincy at a team ahead of existing candidates wouldn't be easy though.

Wish we could see by the end Bucky and Sam, ....Co-Captains of America!

Yep, got the impression Walker views serum as PEDs.

Hopefully with Walker turns out like Kukoc at the Bulls?

Taking over captaincy at a team ahead of existing candidates wouldn't be easy though.

Wish we could see by the end Bucky and Sam, ....Co-Captains of America!

Third scoring option off the bench?

I dunno. The episode didnt really do it for me. maybe its captain USA II. I find him annoying

I think that's what they're going for, and why Sam to a degree is not as engaging as he's still towing the line despite everything that's happened.

Bucky feels like the heart of the show at the mo.

I think that's what they're going for, and why Sam to a degree is not as engaging as he's still towing the line despite everything that's happened.

Bucky feels like the heart of the show at the mo.
Im sure itll become obvious, but for now i dont know what the crux or direction is at the moment. Feel like im being pulled in various directions. But as we've seen historically with marvel TV shows, the first two episodes have created a buzz not all for good reasons, but the dial is turned quickly in E3

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Im sure itll become obvious, but for now i dont know what the crux or direction is at the moment. Feel like im being pulled in various directions. But as we've seen historically with marvel TV shows, the first two episodes have created a buzz not all for good reasons, but the dial is turned quickly in E3

Hopefully that means the aerospace engineer will be revealed in episode 4, and then Magneto in 5 and Mephisto the following week :D

Back