FTA-TV Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Remove this Banner Ad

That was very nicely done. Marvel actually went there with the racial profiling by the police, respect.

Loved the big 3 conversations, and the wizards/sorcerer line. The counselling session too was quality, locking in their legs like that :D

Poor old Redwing.

To be honest I actually found this really on the nose. It was way too overt for the message they were trying to convey.

How else should they have done police profiling?

Maybe in a different scene? It was just very randomly and weirdly done. Two friends arguing in a street and a cop car with sirens blaring pops up. And then of course it's Bucky who gets arrested for breaching parole as a message that OMG SOMETIMES IT'S THE WHITE GUY THEY SHOULD BE GOING AFTER.

Just felt very typical Disney lacking any nuance with their messaging. Have to bang you over the head with it.

I was not sure what the point of the police car turning up so fast to intervene in a tense conversation was

I assumed they were called from Isaiah, given the whole "GTFO" vibe of the previous scene. As you know, it kinda flowed that to make them GTFO, the cops would be summoned. Likely before they even gained access given the delay.

The argument outside then just allows them to stay put in the region frio Sam to then knowingly be all "I'l be back here later yo" in glancing. No doubt to then ask Magneto to get out from behind the curtains.

I assumed they were called from Isaiah, given the whole "GTFO" vibe of the previous scene. As you know, it kinda flowed that to make them GTFO, the cops would be summoned. Likely before they even gained access given the delay.

The argument outside then just allows them to stay put in the region frio Sam to then knowingly be all "I'l be back here later yo" in glancing. No doubt to then ask Magneto to get out from behind the curtains.

You spelt mephisto wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the Madripoor scenes were very well done. Obviously trying to curtail my mutant/Xmen connections however given how carried away that can get (ie, WandaVision). Wasn’t anything to suggest Selby was a mutant though like the comic. Very early days for that anyway.

Gotta say, that scene of Zemo fist pumping on the d floor was sensational.

All of the Madripoor scenes were very well done. Obviously trying to curtail my mutant/Xmen connections however given how carried away that can get (ie, WandaVision). Wasn’t anything to suggest Selby was a mutant though like the comic. Very early days for that anyway.

Gotta say, that scene of Zemo fist pumping on the d floor was sensational.

I don't think this is a gender swap and more of a coincidence for Selby.

They seem to be basically doing the Hulk storyline of "oh noes, powered people, we must stop dem!" and this then sets up for the Baron Zemo + Madam Hydra relaunch by introducing Madripoor and then allows for walker to go troppo and Bucky & Falcon to regain the shield and be all heroic redemption moving forward to combat.

I mean, could be entirely wrong, but that's the way I'm reading it based on that ep.

The whole Bucky vs Sam angst feels so forced and IMO has derailed the series.

Just when you think the series is getting somewhere, they hit you with more tit-for-tat one liners that miss the mark.

Disappointed as this was the series I was most looking forward to post Avengers given how strong the Captain America movies have been. Instead we get a lame odd couple bickering fest.

The whole Bucky vs Sam angst feels so forced and IMO has derailed the series.

Just when you think the series is getting somewhere, they hit you with more tit-for-tat one liners that miss the mark.

Disappointed as this was the series I was most looking forward to post Avengers given how strong the Captain America movies have been. Instead we get a lame odd couple bickering fest.

Valid point. The chemistry isn’t quite there. Yet. Sam seems angry all the time.

Is this meant to lead into another movie or series?

We're at the halfpoint now, and feels like there's still half a dozen eps to play out. Interested to see how things play out in the next 3. Despite the action scenes, pace of the story felt a lot slower.

Could watch a whole series on Zemo though.

For some reason I thought it was 8 episodes, but yes only 6 it is. Feels a bit disconcerting in that respect that we’re already at the half way point. Lots being set up that may not actually happen.

Not much time left for the Magneto and Mephisto reveals.

Got around to watching this tonight

It was ok

The bickering is fine but at times does feel forced . Interesting to see how it gets resolved in 3 episodes - feels more of an introductory storyline that flows into various movies

Sharon as the Power Broker is my uneducated guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back